PDA

View Full Version : Payroll

Dibbs
12-15-2004, 06:37 PM
At the beginning of the offseason, everyone said the Sox payroll would be minimum $70 mil upwards of $75 mil. What the he!! happened? I haven't heard anybody question what the payroll would be since the trade. I also haven't seen any posts with our current payroll now that CLee is gone.

What is our current payroll? What is our expected payroll to start the season? I am under the impression we are in the low $60 mil range with a budget of $75 mil. I guess I am way off base. It just seems to me like we should be able to sign a top starter (Perez) and somebody as good as Cabrera and still be under $75mil

rdivaldi
12-15-2004, 06:40 PM
Well, if they sign a starter for $7 to $9 mil that would bring the payroll into the $71 - $73 mil range, which is around what most thought it would be.

OEO Magglio
12-15-2004, 06:41 PM
At the beginning of the offseason, everyone said the Sox payroll would be minimum $70 mil upwards of $75 mil. What the he!! happened? I haven't heard anybody question what the payroll would be since the trade. I also haven't seen any posts with our current payroll now that CLee is gone.

What is our current payroll? What is our expected payroll to start the season? I am under the impression we are in the low $60 mil range with a budget of $75 mil. I guess I am way off base. It just seems to me like we should be able to sign a top starter (Perez) and somebody as good as Cabrera and still be under $75mil
The payroll right now would stand at 63 or 65 million it's one or the other. Anyways Cabrera is one of the most overrated players on the market and I'd rather have Alex Cora even if the money was equal.

Dibbs
12-15-2004, 06:45 PM
I guess I didn't realize the payroll was already at $70mil with Carlos on the roster. That surprises me.

I would be happy if they signed Perez for $7-8 and Polanco for $3-4 to bring the payroll to $75mil. I wish we would have went after Matheny too.

SoxFan76
12-15-2004, 06:45 PM

What is our current payroll? What is our expected payroll to start the season? I am under the impression we are in the low $60 mil range with a budget of $75 mil. I guess I am way off base. It just seems to me like we should be able to sign a top starter (Perez) and somebody as good as Cabrera and still be under $75milWhat does medium turquoise signify?
:tealpolice:

Dibbs
12-15-2004, 06:47 PM
Oh snap! What have I done! I knew I should have not taken a chance with the teal. It was my first time occifer...it won't happen again.

SoxFan76
12-15-2004, 06:59 PM
Oh snap! What have I done! I knew I should have not taken a chance with the teal. It was my first time occifer...it won't happen again.
Just don't be a repeat offender. The punishments are pretty strict here. Many users have been banned for their color mix-ups. :D:

CubsfansareDRUNK
12-15-2004, 07:26 PM
Just don't be a repeat offender. The punishments are pretty strict here. Many users have been banned for their color mix-ups. :D:
Why dont we ban THIS COLOR for good? It serves no purpose

MeanFish
12-15-2004, 07:41 PM
Sure it does. The teal police car is funny :)