PDA

View Full Version : CLee an All-Star?: MLB.com

popilius
12-15-2004, 05:05 PM
It's interesting that the new article on MLB.com, "Lee Bids Farewell to Sox," refers to Lee as an "All-Star" more than once.
However, he never was elected to the All-Star team. Just goes to show that the league sees him as a top-quality player.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20041215&content_id=922780&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp

Hangar18
12-15-2004, 05:07 PM
In the Bogus National League, CLee will be an All-Star 2005.

ChiWhiteSox1337
12-15-2004, 05:09 PM
In the Bogus National League, CLee will be an All-Star 2005. You can be assured that two roid users will be starting in LF and RF like every year in the NL unless Bud does something about it. yeah right....

Ol' No. 2
12-15-2004, 05:10 PM
It's interesting that the new article on MLB.com, "Lee Bids Farewell to Sox," refers to Lee as an "All-Star" more than once.
However, he never was elected to the All-Star team. Just goes to show that the league sees him as a top-quality player. No, it just goes to show what Scott Merkin knows.

mweflen
12-15-2004, 05:14 PM
I think the overall idea to take from this story is that Carlos is an OK guy. He had his faults to be sure, but being a jerk does not seem to be among them.

PaleHoseGeorge
12-15-2004, 05:17 PM
I think the overall idea to take from this story is that Carlos is an OK guy. He had his faults to be sure, but being a jerk does not seem to be among them.
Cowley wrote Lee is "el asno." The Southtown published it

So it must be true.

Pasqua's Mailman
12-15-2004, 05:19 PM
Or it could be the headline writer didn't know what he was talking about. The body of the story doesn't refer to Lee as an All-Star. Only the headline, which is written by someone else at MLB.com.

mweflen
12-15-2004, 05:19 PM
Cowley wrote Lee is "el asno." The Southtown published it

So it must be true.

Yeah, I read the Southtown piece, and journalistically, I must say it was utter crap. Just how long into a story do you have to wait to get an actual attributed quote?

Ol' No. 2
12-15-2004, 05:24 PM
Or it could be the headline writer didn't know what he was talking about. The body of the story doesn't refer to Lee as an All-Star. Only the headline, which is written by someone else at MLB.com.Huh???? It does in the first paragraph.