PDA

View Full Version : My Patio Party Cubs Sox Game

Tekijawa
12-15-2004, 04:59 PM
For the past two years I have held a Patio Party for 40 of my friends, today I recieved this email from my ticket sales person...

Hi Dustin!

XXXXX told me you were interested in season ticket information. I am going to attach a word file that contains our season ticket information. Let me know if you have any questions about the plans.

Also, we are going to be working on the sox/cubs groups in the next few weeks. So, I wanted to let you know about a new requirement for sox/cubs groups this year. You will also have to book 2 additional groups of 20 or more during the season and 20% deposits have to be in on both of the additional groups as well as full payment on the sox/cubs group (due when I call you with seats) before you can get the actual sox/cubs tickets mailed to you. You already expressed interest in doing your sox/cubs group again so instead of getting a form in the mail as in past years, I will probably just call you with your seats. If you could have your additional 2 dates picked out at that time that would be great.

Thanks

XXXXX

Here's my response:

I'm sorry to say that there is no way I could swing two other groups of 20 or more, Unless they would be 2 lots of tickets only for the Cubs Sox Series. Also please let who ever in charge of this decision that I am Extremely displeased with this! I'm very upset that they can do this! after 2 years of bringing in 40 of my friends and personally going to around 20 games a year this is how I get paid back... How does Uncle Jerry expect to build a fan base by chasing away customers. I know that those tickets will go very easily so it probably doesn't matter for him, but this was one of the few times, now that my friends are spread out not only across Illinois but across the US, that I get to see many of them.

If there are other ways around this or if I am able to just purchase 40-50 tickets for the game let me know? If not, I'm not interested and that will be one strike more against not getting season tickets again this year... I've really wanted to buy partial season tickets the past three years and have just been looking for ONE reason to buy them, every year I continually get turned off by moves like this along with player moves and end up watching a large portion of games from my couch.

I read recently in the paper that the White Sox wrote many letter to a "free agent" family of fans. With all this work trying to attract a new fan base, why dose the team continually move to chase off fans such as myself who have been life long fans, faithful supporters annually financially, and continually disappointed come October...

Thank You for any help.

Your unfortunately Loyal Fan,
Dustin

Rocky Soprano
12-15-2004, 05:02 PM
Wow, that sucks.

But you dont think we can setup two outings here?

I am sure I can get you 10+ people that would love to do a Yankee-Sox game.
And 10 + that would love to do a Red Sox-Sox game.

Tekijawa
12-15-2004, 05:03 PM
Wow, that sucks.

I am sure I can get you 10+ people that would love to do a Yankee-Sox game.
And 10 + that would love to do a Red Sox-Sox game.
Hmm very interesting... never thought of that?

Rocky Soprano
12-15-2004, 05:05 PM
Well if you decide to organize these outings, I will help you get some people. Im pretty sure I can get you a lot of people just by talking to close friends.

Also, I would LOVE to be able to join your Sox-Cubs outing, let me know if possible.

soltrain21
12-15-2004, 05:05 PM
Hmm very interesting... never thought of that?

Yeah man..ask some people here...I am sure they would be more than happy to help! We should try and get the "let Tekijawa have his Cubs/Sox with family" fund. I could ask around to see if my friends would want to set anything up with you.

steff
12-15-2004, 05:14 PM
Did you really write "Uncle Jerry" in your response..?? :o:

Tekijawa
12-15-2004, 05:16 PM
Yeah throw out some dates guys, let me know. PM me if you need to... This could work out yet... Just to let you know. I'm leaving for my honey moon at the end of the week, but I could probably set up something for Maybe like opening day, or maybe not. Thanks I was not to happy about this to start!

Woo Hoo

Tekijawa
12-15-2004, 05:19 PM
Did you really write "Uncle Jerry" in your response..?? :o:
Yup... I was upset.

But it looks like it may work out. Hopefully it will.

Rocky Soprano
12-15-2004, 05:21 PM
Here are some games I would go to and would get some friends to come along:

Opening Day (would be awesome, if possible)
Yankees Game (maybe a Friday Night or weekend)
Red Sox Game (same as above)
LA Dodgers Game (same as above)

DumpJerry
12-15-2004, 05:21 PM
:reinsy
Excuse me, but I have a business to run. If you want fun, go to Disney World.
By the way, I am not your mother's brother. My DNA excludes me from the human race. I'm the uncle to nobody who is human......

DumpJerry
12-15-2004, 05:23 PM
BTW, I'm sure you could get plenty of responses to a patio party to just about any game, even the Royals. Can't beat fun at the old, strike that,......at the ballpark.

Start a thread seeking participants, the first 20 who respond get in!

mactheknife
12-15-2004, 05:23 PM
i'd be down for hitting all of the games proposed.

Tekijawa
12-15-2004, 05:27 PM
An opening day patio party? NICE Idea! That next day would definately be a day off work the next day... I'll look into some other dates too... I better clear some room on the old AMEX!

ewokpelts
12-15-2004, 05:35 PM
Well if you decide to organize these outings, I will help you get some people. Im pretty sure I can get you a lot of people just by talking to close friends.

Also, I would LOVE to be able to join your Sox-Cubs outing, let me know if possible.hey! what about my groups?
Gene

Sox Mobile
12-15-2004, 05:36 PM
What a crock you have to jump through hoops to arrange your plans.

Down here in St Pete, someone from the Strays gives me a call if I miss a week or two without coming to a game. Always with an offer of 2 for 1 tickets or a concession or parking voucher.

I dont buy season tickets because I'm usually home glued to the SOX on MLB Extra Innings.

Their PR dept treats me like a piece of gold as a single ticket buyer, I think they would have Rocco pick me up if I bought a package.

ewokpelts
12-15-2004, 05:38 PM
What a crock you have to jump through hoops to arrange your plans.

Down here in St Pete, someone from the Strays gives me a call if I miss a week or two without coming to a game. Always with an offer of 2 for 1 tickets or a concession or parking voucher.

I dont buy season tickets because I'm usually home glued to the SOX on MLB Extra Innings.

Their PR dept treats me like a piece of gold as a single ticket buyer, I think they would have Rocco pick me up if I bought a package.:reinsy
too bad i think you're scum....

Rocky Soprano
12-15-2004, 05:38 PM
hey! what about my groups?
Gene
Now you know, you are my main guy to get tickets. Just say the word when you will have tickets and I will be there with friends again. :cool:

ewokpelts
12-15-2004, 05:46 PM
Now you know, you are my main guy to get tickets. Just say the word when you will have tickets and I will be there with friends again. :cool:i didnt get an email from brian, and when i last talked to him, he didnt mention this....i was told i'm only going to get friday....so we'll see....if i gotte get two more groups, that aint too much of a problem...i'll look at july 4 and another monday patio

Gene

ilsox7
12-15-2004, 07:22 PM
I can probably attend most dates and a group patio gathering sounds fun. How much do these generally cost? Let me know, I'm very interested.

ewokpelts
12-16-2004, 12:57 AM
I can probably attend most dates and a group patio gathering sounds fun. How much do these generally cost? Let me know, I'm very interested.:reinsy

your first born

rwcescato
12-16-2004, 01:47 AM
i didnt get an email from brian, and when i last talked to him, he didnt mention this....i was told i'm only going to get friday....so we'll see....if i gotte get two more groups, that aint too much of a problem...i'll look at july 4 and another monday patio

Gene
Just let me know to. I would love to go in and enjoy the fun.
Rich

Clembasbal
12-16-2004, 07:45 AM
Good luck on getting a good response. A number of times I have emailed my representative, Tom Collins, to inform him I was pissed off at something - then would throw in the fact that myself and my family have been season ticket holders for over 15 years...he and the rest of the Sox organization did not care. They know that somebody will take your place so it is not a big deal for them.

ChicagoHoosier
12-16-2004, 10:09 AM
I can probably attend most dates and a group patio gathering sounds fun. How much do these generally cost? Let me know, I'm very interested.
A) Great web page for Bracey Wright.
B) I'm looking to get the Minnie package this year, but would be up for any non-premier game if you all organize a group outing. Keep us all posted!!!

wdelaney72
12-16-2004, 10:52 AM
Yeah throw out some dates guys, let me know. PM me if you need to... This could work out yet... Just to let you know. I'm leaving for my honey moon at the end of the week, but I could probably set up something for Maybe like opening day, or maybe not. Thanks I was not to happy about this to start!

Woo Hoo
Honeymoon??? Oh no!

A bit of friendly marital advice. Under no circumstances agree to cancel these regular outings. Once they're gone, they're gone forever.

That being said, congratulations on your upcoming nuptuals.

anewman35
12-16-2004, 11:08 AM
Honeymoon??? Oh no!

A bit of friendly marital advice. Under no circumstances agree to cancel these regular outings. Once they're gone, they're gone forever.

That being said, congratulations on your upcoming nuptuals.
The trick is to do what I did to my new wife - when we started dating she was completly indifferent towards baseball, and wouldn't want to watch it or anything, but after a few years now, she's a Sox fan and doesn't mind watching or going to games (she even watched most of this year's playoffs with me!).

CubKilla
12-16-2004, 11:13 AM
Why should Teki have to if he has done it this way in the past? An Organization that cares about their fanbase would grandfather Teki in and require the new policies of new Patio Party customers.

Rocky Soprano
12-16-2004, 11:49 AM
Why should Teki have to if he has done it this way in the past? An Organization that cares about their fanbase would grandfather Teki in and require the new policies of new Patio Party customers.
I didnt say I agreed with the policy. But it is what it is, and I just suggested we could setup some outings for us here.

SoxFan78
12-16-2004, 12:22 PM
I didnt say I agreed with the policy. But it is what it is, and I just suggested we could setup some outings for us here.
That would be a great idea, I know a couple of people have groups getting set up now, but if we could get a bunch of WSI'ers and their friends to get in, a minimum 20 wouldnt be hard to get at all. I tried getting 6 tickets for the Fri. game through my sales rep, but since I only have 2 season tickets in my ticket plan, I would only be able to get 2 for Friday. If anybody can get me in for a patio party for 6 tickets, I would be in.

mcfish
12-16-2004, 12:30 PM
A nice little WSI patio party get together? Come with your laptop and we can all post to each other all game long...

mcfish
12-16-2004, 12:33 PM
By the way, if someone is organizing a Patio Party and they get stuck at 18, you can count me in for 2 people almost any game.

Tekijawa
I'm currently trying to figure out how, I'm going to fund this. I'll keep everyone updated.

iwcup
Tek,

Count me if for either one or both of the outings. Boston, yankmees whoever... would just enjoy meeting some folks from the board.

I will PM you as well

dademz1
12-16-2004, 12:48 PM
Macko, You are cheating on us, I'm going to have to tell Frank

Just beacuse there isnt' hockey, doesn't mean, you can make new friends :)

Rocky Soprano
12-16-2004, 12:58 PM
Tekijawa,

Do you have Paypal?

Make everyone pay upfront, that way you have the cash.

Just a suggestion.

ewokpelts
12-16-2004, 01:07 PM
Why should Teki have to if he has done it this way in the past? An Organization that cares about their fanbase would grandfather Teki in and require the new policies of new Patio Party customers.gee...take care of long time customers? this guy?
:reinsy

yeah right!

Foulke You
12-16-2004, 03:39 PM
Wow...the Sox seem to be milking that crosstown series for everything these days. No single game tickets, restricted purchases of the series in the 9 and 13 game packages, and now they want you to book 2 extra patio parties for it?

Iwritecode
12-16-2004, 03:45 PM
hey! what about my groups?
Gene

If you get any together for the Sox-Cubs game let me know. I'll be there.

Same goes for you Teki. :smile: