PDA

View Full Version : PR idea

bestkosher
12-15-2004, 04:54 PM
Some of you may remember from a few years a go when they had the bullseye in the outfield sponsored by Las Vegas, and if you hit you won a million.

Well I have a similar idea, but more sox based. The whitesox could buy a dodge magnum and paint it with the sox logo on the hood and roof, and have the plates say , sox wag'n on it, and give one away everytime a player hits the ball into a dodge logo. After all Dodge is the offical sponsor of the chicago Whitesox

soltrain21
12-15-2004, 04:56 PM
Some of you may remember from a few years a go when they had the bullseye in the outfield sponsored by Las Vegas, and if you hit you won a million.

Well I have a similar idea, but more sox based. The whitesox could buy a dodge magnum and paint it with the sox logo on the hood and roof, and have the plates say , sox wag'n on it, and give one away everytime a player hits the ball into a dodge logo. After all Dodge is the offical sponsor of the chicago Whitesox

It would be a lot cooler if you actually had to hit the car. Sure someone wins it, but it more than likely will have a busted window or a big dent.

DaleJRFan
12-15-2004, 05:00 PM
It would be a lot cooler if you actually had to hit the car. Sure someone wins it, but it more than likely will have a busted window or a big dent.
Ya know how at charity golf tournaments, they have the token "Free Car" on the hardest par3 for a hole-in-one challange??? Last summer at an outing in Wisconsin a guy in our group hooked a 3wood realllllllly bad and nailed the windshield on a brand new, top of the line Chevy Tahoe. Classic Stuff seeing all the people standing on the tee box at that par3 jumping for cover as the ball screamed in to the sounds of "FORE!!!" follwed by silence, then an uproar of laughter.

Good Times... Good Times.

DumpJerry
12-15-2004, 05:37 PM
Kinda reminds me of my idea which I think would sell more tickets than Disco Demolition Night sold. "Drag Jerry Behind a Truck Night." I came up with this one when there were two Jerrys we would have loved to tie to the back of a F-350..............

Ol' No. 2
12-15-2004, 05:40 PM
It would be a lot cooler if you actually had to hit the car. Sure someone wins it, but it more than likely will have a busted window or a big dent.Wouldn't that make it MORE valuable? Be the only one on your block with a car damaged by a HR ball.:smile:

DaleJRFan
12-15-2004, 05:44 PM
Wouldn't that make it MORE valuable? Be the only one on your block with a car damaged by a HR ball.:smile:
This is a super idea and I think JR would bite... simply because all of our HR threats were either traded away or were lost to free agency.

:D:

Hangar18
12-15-2004, 05:50 PM
Wouldve been a good idea ....the last few seasons. But now that
the SOX have no Offense ...........

ozzman
12-15-2004, 05:58 PM
theres hangar, ever the optimist.

voodoochile
12-15-2004, 06:03 PM
Wouldn't that make it MORE valuable? Be the only one on your block with a car damaged by a HR ball.:smile:
You should get to keep the baseball and they could give you a special case for the dashboard like those round compass stands. Then they should repaint the dent without fixing it so no rust, but you would always have the momento.

I agree, it would be worth MORE.

Ol' No. 2
12-15-2004, 06:21 PM
You should get to keep the baseball and they could give you a special case for the dashboard like those round compass stands. Then they should repaint the dent without fixing it so no rust, but you would always have the momento.

I agree, it would be worth MORE.Dashboard??? Hell, glue it to the outside where it hit!!!:cool:

ewokpelts
12-15-2004, 06:26 PM
Wouldve been a good idea ....the last few seasons. But now that
the SOX have no Offense ...........we still have light tower power, henry................
Gene