PDA

View Full Version : Matt Clement

bigredrudy
12-15-2004, 04:03 PM
The Orange County Register is reporting that Matt visited Arizona on Monday and he is visiting the Dodgers and the Angels today. Matt Clement has already stated that he would like to pitch in Southern California. For the Sox to get him they would have to outbid all the other teams. I say no.

soltrain21
12-15-2004, 04:04 PM
The Orange County Register is reporting that Matt visited Arizona on Monday and he is visiting the Dodgers and the Angels today. Matt Clement has already stated that he would like to pitch in Southern California. For the Sox to get him they would have to outbid all the other teams. I say no.

He also said his wife really loves Chicago and they want to raise their newborn in the Windy City.

Let us just wait until he signs his name somewhere.

bigredrudy
12-15-2004, 04:14 PM
According to the Orange County Register Matt visited Arizona on Monday and is visisting the Dodgers and the Angels today. Matt has also stated that he wants to pitch in Southern California

DaveIsHere
12-15-2004, 04:19 PM
He also said his wife really loves Chicago and they want to raise their newborn in the Windy City.

Let us just wait until he signs his name somewhere.
Beware the power of the WIFE!!!!!!!!!!

MRKARNO
12-15-2004, 04:24 PM
I'll believe Clement is signing somewhere when it comes out of his agents' mouth, his mouth or the GM of the team he's signing with's mouth. There is a lot of talk and reports of him being close with another team and not a lot of action.

cbrownson13
12-15-2004, 04:58 PM
He sure changes his mind a lot. First he wanted to pitch in Cleveland so he could be close to his home town in Pennsylvania, then he wanted to stay in Chicago, now Southern Cal?

DaleJRFan
12-15-2004, 05:06 PM
Yea, well whatever... If I was a FA starting pitcher and the Dodgers, Angels and etc invited me to visit SoCal, I'd put on a happy face and enjoy my visit.

I hate reporters.

He'll sign with who he feels has the best situation for him to succeed combined with the best financial offer, meaning 8m a year, not 6m a year with a bunch of ridiculous incentives (220IP, 17wins, etc).

Hopefully he'd gain satisfaction in pitching on the other side of town.

So why aren't the Flubs signing him anyway? Glendon Rusch is their fifth starter behind Wood #3 and Maddux #4?? Yech.