PDA

View Full Version : pods on mjh

Kogs35
12-15-2004, 03:05 PM
pods to be on mjh sometime during the 4 oclock hour

soltrain21
12-15-2004, 03:07 PM
We finally get to hear him talk!

I hope he talks about his swinging for the fences last year and what he plans to do to change that.

Palehose13
12-15-2004, 03:14 PM
pods to be on mjh sometime during the 4 oclock hour
Cool. I have parent-teacher conferences until 4:45 today and I put on ESPN 1000 via the internet just before I came into the "clubhouse". I just hope no parents come during his interview!

DaveIsHere
12-15-2004, 04:37 PM
Hw will be on in the next few minutes

tadscout
12-15-2004, 04:38 PM
keep us updated!:D:

Evman5
12-15-2004, 04:43 PM
On right now!

tadscout
12-15-2004, 04:46 PM
On right now!
AND AND???

DaveIsHere
12-15-2004, 04:48 PM
MJH are AZZHoles, telling him that 90% of the city loves the Clubs what crap!!!!!

Evman5
12-15-2004, 04:48 PM
AND AND???
admits he is not a gold glover and said his defense drop off a little last year due to offensive struggles.

Main objective is to get on base, work counts and get himself into scoring positions

Scrappy player, blue collar guy, wants to provide a spark.

Palehose13
12-15-2004, 04:51 PM
-Same thing from Telander interview about last year and added that he brought his frustration onto the field.- Looking forward to hitting in front of Sox big bats and wants to emphasize getting on base.
-He will be running when he has a green light and will try to get into scoring position.
-Is capable and willing to play any OF position...whatever KW and Ozzie think is best for the eam he will do.
-Excited and focused on getting his mind and body ready for 2005. Excited about the change and looking forward to it.

SoxFan78
Harry, F off you bastard.

"In Milwaukee they have sausage races, at Comiskey they have their fans attack the visiting teams Coach."

Mother F'er

OG4LIFE
who was the ******* that said the sox are the 'red headed step child' of chicago...

i think i am done with sports talk radio in this town

Flight #24
12-15-2004, 04:52 PM
Pods on MJ&H. Sounds like a good guy, fairly humble. Talks about 2004 as showing him what he can & can't do and how he needs to stay within himself and not try to do too much (give 110%, take it a game at a time, bla bla bla).

He also classifies himself as not a gold glover, but a fundamentally sound defender.

Couple of quotes:
"Not going to hit the ball out of the ballpark"
"My main objective is to get on base"
"I'm going to work the count and do anything I can offensively to get myself on base and get in scoring position"
"The game dictates when you run and when you don't run"
"I've got a lot of things to work on, a lot of adjustments to be made"

Nice touch: He said that he & Ozzie will have to work together to figure out how he can best help the team and how he should be attacking teams.

Also - FWIW "I don't have any musical talent whatsoever"

EDIT: I see people beat me to everything except that last nugget!

hosieryofthegods
Pods says he wants to hit gappers and steal bases. MJH asked if he's going to break the Record by Law, he said he is going to do what he's capable of.:smile:

Palehose13
MJH are AZZHoles, telling him that 90% of the city loves the Clubs what crap!!!!!Yeah, that sucked...but not as bad as Harry saying that now instead of the sausage race he will now see fans racing on to the field to attack visiting coaches.

Mickster
12-15-2004, 04:53 PM
Harry is a tool. Said something to the effect of: "In MIL I know you have the sausage races, but on the South Side, you have fans running on the fiield beating up the umpires." What a moron.

Flight #24
Did someone say KW was on SCR? It came out as "HW", which I assume is either Kenny, or maybe the love child of Kenny & Herm.

DaveIsHere
Than Harry goes off on how the Sox have fan races to run on the field and attack opposing players, what a hunk of crap, and they wonder why people think these thinks, they repeat the same thing over and ove, but cover up anything that happens up North....F*** This!!!!:angry: :angry: :angry:

SoxFan78
12-15-2004, 04:57 PM
Than Harry goes off on how the Sox have fan races to run on the field and attack opposing players, what a hunk of crap, and they wonder why people think these thinks, they repeat the same thing over and ove, but cover up anything that happens up North....F*** This!!!!:angry: :angry: :angry:voice your displeasure

macjurkoharry@espnradio1000.com

DaveIsHere
12-15-2004, 04:59 PM
voice your displeasure

macjurkoharry@espnradio1000.com

Thank You I will do just that!!

TommyJohn
12-15-2004, 05:03 PM
Harry, F off you bastard.

"In Milwaukee they have sausage races, at Comiskey they have their fans attack the visiting teams Coach."

Mother F'er

And at Wrigley they shower fans who go for foul balls with abuse, beer and
death threats. I hope someone sent an e-mail to that fat little turd saying
exactly that.

zach074
12-15-2004, 05:06 PM
It was nice to hear him say that he tried to do to much last year, and so hopefully he wont this year.

Ol' No. 2
12-15-2004, 05:07 PM
And at Wrigley they shower fans who go for foul balls with abuse, beer and
death threats. I hope someone sent an e-mail to that fat little turd saying
exactly that.Attacking addle-brained radio morons...now THAT I can get behind.

DaveIsHere
12-15-2004, 05:11 PM
If you are interested, I just vented through e-mail to the show:

Guys,
I thank you for having Scotty P on this afternoon and providing an insight on the type of player he is; on the other hand, as a die-hard Sox fan I truly did not appreciate the many negative comments that you made about the White Sox and their fans. You are a major part of promoting the "bad" fan stereotype on the South Side, which is completely untrue, and you then also fail to mention the many incidents at Wrigley Field over the years involving their fans running on the field to attack pitchers, stealing players hats, throwing cell phones, and the many Drunken disturbances that plague the North Side urinal. In the future, the listeners to what is suppose to be the White Sox flagship station, would appreciate a fair and balanced interpretation of the ball clubs in town. Sox fans deal enough with the Tribune Cub Bias and the National ESPN east coast bias, then to have their own Flagship Station smear what is the most knowledgeable fan base in baseball. While I understand that my comments will go by unnoticed and maybe even laughed at on your show as being from a"jealous" Sox fan, any effort on your part would be appreciated. There is the old adage, "If you do not have anything nice to say, then do not say anything at all," I highly suggest to adopt this policy.

A ONCE Long Time listener,
Dave

mdep524
12-15-2004, 05:32 PM
If you are interested, I just vented through e-mail to the show:Great letter, Dave. I can't believe they went out of their way to belittle the Sox and their fans like that. You're dead on about the media promoting, validating and perpetuating the bad Sox/US Cellular stereotypes. It's so frustrating that they would use this opportunity to smear the Sox as Pod's first impression of Chicago.

Ol' No. 2
12-15-2004, 05:33 PM
Great letter, Dave. I can't believe hey went out of their way to belittle the Sox and their fans like that. You're dead on about the media promoting, validating and perpetuating the bad Sox/US Cellular stereotypes. It's so frustrating that they would use this opportunity to smear the Sox as Pod's first impression of Chicago.You must be new in town.:tongue:

SpartanSoxFan
12-15-2004, 05:34 PM

Guys,
I thank you for having Scotty P on this afternoon and providing an insight on the type of player he is; on the other hand, as a die-hard Sox fan I truly did not appreciate the many negative comments that you made about the White Sox and their fans. You are a major part of promoting the "bad" fan stereotype on the South Side, which is completely untrue, and you then also fail to mention the many incidents at Wrigley Field over the years involving their fans running on the field to attack pitchers, stealing players hats, throwing cell phones, and the many Drunken disturbances that plague the North Side urinal. In the future, the listeners to what is suppose to be the White Sox flagship station, would appreciate a fair and balanced interpretation of the ball clubs in town. Sox fans deal enough with the Tribune Cub Bias and the National ESPN east coast bias, then to have their own Flagship Station smear what is the most knowledgeable fan base in baseball. While I understand that my comments will go by unnoticed and maybe even laughed at on your show as being from a"jealous" Sox fan, any effort on your part would be appreciated. There is the old adage, "If you do not have anything nice to say, then do not say anything at all," I highly suggest to adopt this policy.

Dave
:thumbsup:

mdep524
12-15-2004, 05:34 PM
You must be new in town.:tongue:
Ha. Yeah, I guess I shouldn't say I'm "surprised"...

soltrain21
12-15-2004, 05:46 PM
The worst part about all of this is they did it with Scotty's first interview. He doesn't deserve that.

If the Cubs got a new player do you think they would talk about Sammy's loud boombox or how they complain about Steve Stone? Hell no they wouldn't.

Mickster
12-15-2004, 05:46 PM
Jurko just read my email on the air, calling Harry a tool. :D:

WHarris13
12-15-2004, 05:47 PM
That was yours?

You are the greatest!

Ol' No. 2
12-15-2004, 05:48 PM
Jurko just read my email on the air, calling Harry a tool. :D:Score one!!! :thumbsup:

DumpJerry
12-15-2004, 05:48 PM
This is an obscenity! Nowhere else in America does the media beat up the local fans like the Chicago does White Sox fans. Why do they do this???? You'd think we did something horrible to their sisters or something like that.

Then, when we point it out to the media, we're called whiners!:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Can't Dave Wills do something about this and start a campaign for respect of ALL Chicago fans?

After all, imagine what would happen if Sports Radio people started saying Bears' fans are nuts for going to games in December now that the season is over or they drink too much at Soldier Field or otherwise criticized them.............
Enough already! What is Scott P's email so we can let him know he will be welcomed and loved here?

(....and people wonder why Frank won't talk with the media. Who can blame him?)

Ol' No. 2
12-15-2004, 05:50 PM
This is an obscenity! Nowhere else in America does the media beat up the local fans like the Chicago does White Sox fans. Why do they do this???? You'd think we did something horrible to their sisters or something like that.Well, actually in HS there was this girl who's brother was a Cubs fan. We used to call her...ah, never mind.

MRKARNO
12-15-2004, 05:59 PM
Back to Podsednik I think he got a little overconfident last year after that great rookie season and I think he's going to have a much better attitude knowing that he doesnt ever have to be relied upon as a source of power. Milwaukee had one 20 home run hitter last year in Geoff Jenkins. The White Sox will have 7 guys who can be expected to be around there if healthy in Konerko, Everett, Dye, Thomas, Crede, Uribe and Rowand. Reports of this team not having enough power are laughable. Podsednik will have absolutely no expectation of doing anything but getting on base and worrying about extra bases once he's already on the basepaths.

He will be expected to get on base at a good clip though because as good as we are in power, we're not too good in OBP, especially with Frank being out. However, a full year Dye has gotta be a lot better than the sum total of Borchard/Timo and a month and a half of Maggs and Podsednik's OBP might not be too much worse than Lee's last year, so we might come out ahead in OBP.

jabrch
12-15-2004, 06:03 PM
Anyone hear about the stabbing 2 blocks north of Wrigley Field over the weekend?

Palehose13
12-15-2004, 06:13 PM
Jurko just read my email on the air, calling Harry a tool. :D:
Really? I tuned out after the interview cause I was pissed about that comment. So...is the consensus from the boys is that we "whiners" and "jealous" or that Harry is a tool?

SOXit2EM
12-15-2004, 06:14 PM
This is an obscenity! Nowhere else in America does the media beat up the local fans like the Chicago does White Sox fans. Why do they do this???? You'd think we did something horrible to their sisters or something like that.

Then, when we point it out to the media, we're called whiners!:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: This is one of the few reasons i didn't mind leaving Chicago, besides the crummy weather. Chicago sports fans and the media, except for White Sox fans of course, are not only blind, but completely ignorant too!!!!!:angry:

MarkyBear
12-15-2004, 06:30 PM

Guys,

Dave

I believe they just read this email, I'm listening on the internet, it's cracking up and the kids are screaming, what was their reply???

DaveIsHere
12-15-2004, 06:33 PM
I believe they just read this email, I'm listening on the internet, it's cracking up and the kids are screaming, what was their reply???That woudl be cool, i would love to know what they had to say about it....it was my first letter of the sorts

edit: In addition their show is promoted at the park

MarkyBear
12-15-2004, 06:41 PM
That woudl be cool, i would love to know what they had to say about it....it was my first letter of the sorts

edit: In addition their show is promoted at the park

Well the part I heard wasn't flattering, I caught something about Flagship, then one of them said "Hold your junk Dave, we are not employed by the White Sox we're independtly contracted"...

But what do you expect from some wannabe shock jocks!?!

Before the email, they were talking about how if people were that offended by what they said they should look at themselves or something to that extent...

Please don't litteraly quote me on any of this, like I said, the internet was cracking up and I have 2 and 3 year old daughters that are screaming as loud as they possibly can, it was hard to here!
:rolleyes:

Mickster
12-15-2004, 06:41 PM
Really? I tuned out after the interview cause I was pissed about that comment. So...is the consensus from the boys is that we "whiners" and "jealous" or that Harry is a tool?
Naw... Harry is juat a tool. :D:

DaveIsHere
12-15-2004, 06:43 PM
Well the part I heard wasn't flattering, I caught something about Flagship, then one of them said "Hold your junk Dave, we are not employed by the White Sox we're independtly contracted"...

But what do you expect from some wannabe shock jocks!?!

Before the email, they were talking about how if people were that offended by what they said they should look at themselves or something to that extent...

Please don't litteraly quote me on any of this, like I said, the internet was cracking up and I have 2 and 3 year old daughters that are screaming as loud as they possibly can, it was hard to here!
:rolleyes:Sounds like an expected response, when someone is called out, no problem here, there are plenty of stations on the dial to turn too. I think the thing that got me the most is that Scott did not know much about us, and Harry's tool self went blabbing on and on. It is all expected but you finally get fed up after a while:(:

MarkyBear
12-15-2004, 06:48 PM
Sounds like an expected response, when someone is called out, no problem here, there are plenty of stations on the dial to turn too. I think the thing that got me the most is that Scott did not know much about us, and Harry's tool self went blabbing on and on. It is all expected but you finally get fed up after a while:(:

I hear ya, it's a shame they do things like that, people tune in to hear the latest, not something from years ago...

Hopefully someone has already schooled Scott on what these idiots are about and he'll grant them no more interviews...

What's bad for me, I only get 2 or 3 radio stations up here and was happy to hear I could listen to some Chicago sports on the internet untill today! :angry: