PDA

View Full Version : State your favorite CLEE moment

nasox
12-15-2004, 04:04 PM
Mine has gotta be when he got picked off first all those times........no, seriously, the cub killing he did. But thats a generic one, maybe you guys have better memories of him that you wanna state.

Ol' No. 2
12-15-2004, 04:12 PM
Mine has gotta be when he got picked off first all those times........no, seriously, the cub killing he did. But thats a generic one, maybe you guys have better memories of him that you wanna state.You've got to be kidding. Friday night...game tied, bases loaded vs. the Cubs...Do I have to go on?

Rocky Soprano
12-15-2004, 04:15 PM
Him breaking the Sox hitting streak record.

1000ml
12-15-2004, 04:20 PM
IF you are looking for serious favorites...

June 8, 2001.

Bottom of the 10th. 3 on - 2 outs.

Grand Slam off Duncan

:supernana:

Palehose13
12-15-2004, 04:20 PM
You've got to be kidding. Friday night...game tied, bases loaded vs. the Cubs...Do I have to go on?
Ditto. I remember where I was when I heard that call(had to listen...no MLB extra inning package then) and how I reacted...crazy. :D:

Ol' No. 2
12-15-2004, 04:22 PM
Ditto. I remember where I was when I heard that call(had to listen...no MLB extra inning package then) and how I reacted...crazy. :D:I seriously wondered if the upper deck was going to fall down.

quade36
12-15-2004, 04:32 PM
that game winning grand slam was sure nice.

Tragg
12-15-2004, 04:33 PM
I seriously wondered if the upper deck was going to fall down.2000, Comiskey, week after we swept 4 from the Yanks in YS.

9th inning, none on, Down 1 run, 1 out (I think):

That ball hit deep to Center Field
Way Back
Bernie Williams looks Up
You can put it on the BOAAAAAARD - YES!

We went on to win in extras, Herb Perry scoring the winning run from 3rd.

DumpJerry
12-15-2004, 04:33 PM
This is a no-brainer. Anyone who gets a walk-off grand salami against The Evil Empire automatically gets in the White Sox HOF.

Brian26
12-15-2004, 05:29 PM
This is a no-brainer. Anyone who gets a walk-off grand salami against The Evil Empire automatically gets in the White Sox HOF.

Yeah, there's no argument about this. The hitting steak was a nice touch in 2004, but that doesn't come close to the grand slam to beat the northside crybabies.

My favorite "bad" CLee memory is him jogging to first base on what he thought was a homer and then getting thrown out trying to stretch it into a double.

I also loved the 2003 play at Fenway when he made the catch against the monster and the back of his jersey got stuck on the wall.

HomeFish
12-15-2004, 05:31 PM
I can proudly say that I paid some ticket broker over $100 to have the honor of having been at that Carlos Lee grand slam against the accursed ones.

jshanahanjr
12-15-2004, 05:34 PM
When he Pearl Harbored the Detroit Tigers out of left field in the famous brawl of 2000.

D. TODD
12-15-2004, 05:48 PM
I was at the game with 2 sox freinds, & two of my misguided Scrub fans. He hit the homer about 10 feet left of our seats, it was a no doubter when it left his bat, and the look on my freinds faces were priceless. Both the jubilation and the disappointment. The echo of the Cubs suck chant could be heard in the outer limits of the parking as we departed, it was music to my ears!

mweflen
12-15-2004, 05:52 PM
Yeah, the exit ramps after the slam were NUTS.

Gosox1917
12-15-2004, 05:54 PM
Yep, definately the walk-off slam against the flubs. Up to that point the season really sucked. After that, the team got back up to .500 and they were fun to watch again.

PaleHoseGeorge
12-15-2004, 06:00 PM
When he Pearl Harbored the Detroit Tigers out of left field in the famous brawl of 2000. Hey! Now that you mention it, who else remembers Magglio Ordonez doing some martial arts moves during that brawl? Everyone was clearing out of Maggs' way!
:thumbsup:

I remember 3-4 teammates restraining Lee. He looked like he wanted to break some of Garner's pissants in half. How are we ever going to fight our next fight with Garner?
:cool:

:garner
"Listen up, **** faces! I'm here in Houston with a division championship team and your clown Bevo is somewhere up in Edmonton digging himself out of a snowdrift. So tell your story walking!"

Hangar18
12-15-2004, 06:04 PM
Carlos Lees Grand Slam to beat the Cubs.
Carlos Lee crushing a ball off the Pizza Hut sign in farthest LF at Kauffman Stadium prompting us to laugh and tell the KC Fans they were getting Free
Pizzas for that shot.
Making a catch against the auxilary scoreboard in boston, and getting
his jersey stuck on one of the numbers, heh heh

jshanahanjr
12-15-2004, 06:05 PM
Maggs was doing his best Karate Kid impersonation. That was a great day to be a Sox fan.

Huisj
12-15-2004, 06:18 PM
2000, Comiskey, week after we swept 4 from the Yanks in YS.

9th inning, none on, Down 1 run, 1 out (I think):

That ball hit deep to Center Field
Way Back
Bernie Williams looks Up
You can put it on the BOAAAAAARD - YES!

We went on to win in extras, Herb Perry scoring the winning run from 3rd.
that was one of my all time favorite games ever i think. I was at work all evening actually, and got home for the 8th inning. somehow going into the 9th it just seemed like the sox were bound to do something off rivera, that's just how ridiculously hot that team was at the time. I went to the bathroom as soon as the top half of the inning was done, and the moment i walked back in the room I saw the rocket shot by Lee off Rivera and jumped up and down and clapped loud once . . . and startled my dad awake, who had been sleeping upstairs. He was actually quite pleased when I said what had happened, and then Valentin got the little broken bat blooper to win the game later that inning. Great great game! One memory from 2000 that will always live in my head. I think that was the best 2 week stretch of being a sox fan that I've ever experienced.

ma-gaga
12-15-2004, 06:33 PM
Just some random game Twins game.

The left field crowd was heckling him mercilessly. At the end of the inning he turns around and gives them the bird, carefully hidden in his glove so no tv camera could pick it up. Big grin on his mug, it made the hecklers scream in fury. Turned me into a huge fan.

He also caught the third out of one of the innings later on in the game, he faked throwing the ball into the stands. Again, huge uproar from the "outraged" fans.

*edit* I commented on this before. If anyone cares, here's a link to the game: http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=24568

SpartanSoxFan
12-15-2004, 06:42 PM
He's had quite a few games where he has hit at least 2 home runs in one game, but my favorite memory is from a game I attended last summer against Seattle. El Caballo belted 2 HRs out to my delight. This was also the first game Magglio Ordonez came back from his injury. Little did I know at the time that was the last game I would see Maggs at home playing for the White Sox...:(:

ja1022
12-15-2004, 06:46 PM
When I think of CLee a non-play from this past season comes to mind first. I couldn't even tell you game details. I remember him sliding feet first hard into the wall down the left field line in CellMiskey Park. He didn't make the play but he did jam his foot into the wall, bending the toe of his shoe at a hard angle back up toward the knee. It was cold out and he got up kind of grimacing. I remember thinking that it was the type of injury that would crop up after the game, and be a nagging arch, heel or achilles type of injury. At the time there was still a pennant race. In any event, we never heard anything about it; there was no injury or effect we know of. Point is, I appreciated his hustle on a foul ball, and alot of guys may have played up the contact with the wall more--it's nice to have a built in excuse if you need it.

I know he lacked discipline at the plate in stretches, and occasionally he'd Sosa an extra base hit, but I tend to remember him playing hard, and with a little enthusiasm. Name another guy on last years team that looked like they had as much fun playing as he did. (Buehrle, maybe.)

ja1022
12-15-2004, 06:52 PM
Just some random game Twins game.

The left field crowd was heckling him mercilessly. At the end of the inning he turns around and gives them the bird, carefully hidden in his glove so no tv camera could pick it up. Big grin on his mug, it made the hecklers scream in fury. Turned me into a huge fan.

He also caught the third out of one of the innings later on in the game, he faked throwing the ball into the stands. Again, huge uproar from the "outraged" fans.

*edit* I commented on this before. If anyone cares, here's a link to the game: http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=24568I remember that as well. I also remember him giving a smile and a kind of tip of the helmet to a pitcher after a particularly tough pitcher/batter duel after finally striking out.

munchman33
12-15-2004, 07:21 PM
Without a doubt, homer off Wood in the comeback game.

Or wait, slam to end game against flubs.

Or was it the 9th inning homer off Latroy Hawkins?

I'm really gonna miss CLee. At least the Brewers play teh flubs a ton.