PDA

View Full Version : Day playoffs??

danman31
10-15-2001, 05:47 PM
Is it good or bad that the playoffs are played in the day?

I think not because then less people get to see the playoffs on tv. They sell out anyway, so that isn't a factor. I esp. get mad when I see that the NLCS is gonna be on at 3 CT tomorrow. That's 4PM for Atlanta, that's not too bad. But 1PM for Arizona, that's brutal? This is the NLCS, the biggest games of the year so far for these teams and some of their fans will have to miss the game or won't be able to fully pay attention to it. That sucks for them.

cheeses_h_rice
10-15-2001, 05:53 PM
The reality of it is that, with 3 rounds of postseason play, in order to squeeze in all the games, you have to play at least one daytime game every day. The alternative to this is playing simultaneous games at night, which would piss off fans, and which no network that has exclusive postseason rights like Fox does would agree to.

I hate it because I end up having to follow the games on Yahoo's Gamechannel at work, which is no substitute for watching the game unfold live.

Ichiro just singled -- c'mon, Mariners, let's get some insurance runs here.

GASHWOUND
10-15-2001, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by danman31
Is it good or bad that the playoffs are played in the day?

I think not because then less people get to see the playoffs on tv. They sell out anyway, so that isn't a factor. I esp. get mad when I see that the NLCS is gonna be on at 3 CT tomorrow. That's 4PM for Atlanta, that's not too bad. But 1PM for Arizona, that's brutal? This is the NLCS, the biggest games of the year so far for these teams and some of their fans will have to miss the game or won't be able to fully pay attention to it. That sucks for them.

I argued this before. The AL clubs are use to playing at night. They all have routines and stuff. I know it prbably wouldn't have made a difference, but with if our Sox could've played night playoff games last year. They had a horrible record in daygames. And the only team that doesn't have their routine messed with is the Yankees and whoever is playing them. Whah? That sucks. But thats just my opinion.