PDA

View Full Version : Terry Bevington Update

crector
12-14-2004, 08:58 PM
Fitting that a team called the "Cracker-Cats" would hire someone like Bevington to a 2-year contract to be its manager..........................

http://www.northernleague.com/news.asp?id=894

santo=dorf
12-14-2004, 09:47 PM
I can't wait to go to some Jackhammers games this summer when they play Edmonton. :gulp:

MIgrenade
12-14-2004, 09:53 PM
I cant wait until hes replaced by Jerry Manuel

StillMissOzzie
12-15-2004, 12:12 AM
I can't wait to go to some Jackhammers games this summer when they play Edmonton. :gulp:
That would be 8/23, 8/24, & 8/25, all night games. The 8/23 game starts at 6:05PM, the other two start at 7:05PM. No word on which game has the Boom-Boom Bevington bobblehead doll giveaway.

SMO
:gulp:

Erik The Red
12-15-2004, 12:56 AM
Anyone noticed how they forgot to mention Terry's major-league coaching stint with the Sox in the article?

I sure wish I could forget the time he spent here.

BigEdWalsh
12-15-2004, 03:02 AM
I met him once when he was the Sox manager. He was a genuine a$$hole.
The Sox had a post season meeting at the resort where I worked. It was attended by all the coaches and scouts. Bevington came to the front desk kinda drunk and asked directions to a vending machine. I gave him directions which were quite simple. He came back a few minutes later screaming at me and using foul language because he couldn't find it. I ended up taking him to it. He was rude all the way. NOT a nice man. Everyone else was really really nice.

Baby Fisk
12-15-2004, 08:36 AM
I would boo him relentlessly when he was 3B coach in Toronto (1999-2001). "You sonofabitch! You ruined my team! You can't manage ****!" People thought I was a madman. :cool:

TommyJohn
12-15-2004, 08:57 AM
I met him once when he was the Sox manager. He was a genuine a$$hole.
The Sox had a post season meeting at the resort where I worked. It was attended by all the coaches and scouts. Bevington came to the front desk kinda drunk and asked directions to a vending machine. I gave him directions which were quite simple. He came back a few minutes later screaming at me and using foul language because he couldn't find it. I ended up taking him to it. He was rude all the way. NOT a nice man. Everyone else was really really nice.

BEVINGTON!!!!:angry: :angry: :angry:

And gee whiz, why does your story not surprise me in the least?

mactheknife
12-15-2004, 11:06 AM
hmmm, only question is do i heckle him in schaumburg or joliet

PaleHoseGeorge
12-15-2004, 12:19 PM
Gee, they didn't mention anything about Bevington's wife or daughter. However they did say *he* resides in Tennessee and left his last managing job over "personal and family issues."

I never like Bevington as manager because he was clearly in over his head. But I would be very sorry to hear he was divorced or anything bad happened to his family. I remember the Tribune beatwriter (Sullivan?) writing on the day he was released from the Sox job in '97 about what a nice daughter and family life Bevo had.

Edmonton is a long, long way from Tennessee.
:(:

JKryl
12-16-2004, 12:11 PM
You could and should heckle in both towns to the great amusement of all.

cubhater
12-16-2004, 08:11 PM
Don't forget Gary is in the league too!:D: ROAD TRIP!

santo=dorf
12-16-2004, 08:18 PM
I'm just waiting for him to go out to the mound early in the game and scream "Are you bringing in the left hander or the right hander from the action-less bullpen?" Or who can forget his "Bugs Bunny" routine of "I meant to say it was fair, but I was saying it was foul, even though I meant to say it was fair?" (Grobber, did you get that clip up on your site yet? :redneck )