PDA

View Full Version : We might just have the best bullpen...

Foulke29
12-14-2004, 06:59 PM
... in the entire city of Chicago!

rdivaldi
12-14-2004, 07:01 PM
That's not saying much...

Foulke29
12-14-2004, 07:02 PM
That's not saying much...
Should I have posted in blue?

I seem to remember reading a post about some people not knowing sarcasm if it were to slap them on the side of the face - now where did I read that?

OEO Magglio
12-14-2004, 07:03 PM
Our bullpen is light years better then the flubs.

Jjav829
12-14-2004, 07:04 PM
Our bullpen is light years better then the flubs.Hell... Shingo, Marte, Vizcaino, and Hermanson might all be better closers than anyone the Flubs have right now.

ja1022
12-14-2004, 07:07 PM
Probably even in the top 5 in the whole American League Central!!!!!!

rdivaldi
12-14-2004, 07:18 PM

I seem to remember reading a post about some people not knowing sarcasm if it were to slap them on the side of the face - now where did I read that?
My bad, my bad. :redface:

OEO Magglio
12-14-2004, 07:22 PM

What was the point of making this thread then???

Foulke29
12-15-2004, 10:22 AM
Part of it was silliness, but part of it was to illustrate that I don't feel all that great about this bullpen. This is not the bullpen of Simas, Foulke, Howry, Lowe and Wunsch. That 2000 bullpen was lights out - and I thought it was the wildcard that would get us deep into the playoffs.

That said, our bullpen does look better than it does last year, but I think that we're still a long way from being a good bullpen. Shingo - God bless 'im - had a great year, but I think that hitters are going to adjust to his 'trick' pitch and we're in trouble in the closer department.

doublem23
12-15-2004, 10:24 AM
Probably even in the top 5 in the whole American League Central!!!!!!
:)

This one made me laugh.

PorkChopExpress
12-15-2004, 10:45 AM
Part of it was silliness, but part of it was to illustrate that I don't feel all that great about this bullpen. This is not the bullpen of Simas, Foulke, Howry, Lowe and Wunsch. That 2000 bullpen was lights out - and I thought it was the wildcard that would get us deep into the playoffs.

That said, our bullpen does look better than it does last year, but I think that we're still a long way from being a good bullpen. Shingo - God bless 'im - had a great year, but I think that hitters are going to adjust to his 'trick' pitch and we're in trouble in the closer department.
I thought Vizcaino was being considered as a closer until Kolb showed up on the radar.

Foulke29
12-15-2004, 11:15 AM
I thought Vizcaino was being considered as a closer until Kolb showed up on the radar.
I thought Shingo was our guy - others heard differently?

SEALgep
12-15-2004, 11:20 AM
I thought Shingo was our guy - others heard differently?Still is, but other will get their opportunity.

DaleJRFan
12-15-2004, 11:22 AM
I thought Shingo was our guy - others heard differently?Shingo is the Sox closer. Vizcaino was the closer-in-waiting for the Brewers until they traded Kolb to Atlanta.

So what will become of Marte? We now have 15 setup guys in the bullpen...

likeawarlord
12-15-2004, 11:34 AM
This is not the bullpen of Simas, Foulke, Howry, Lowe and Wunsch.
whoa, i never thought id see someone recall the halcyon days of bill simas and sean lowe... does it matter that two of these guys are quadruple a players and another is out of baseball?

Foulke29
12-15-2004, 11:40 AM
whoa, i never thought id see someone recall the halcyon days of bill simas and sean lowe... does it matter that two of these guys are quadruple a players and another is out of baseball?
I'm not saying they're worth a spot on the roster today; however, there seemed to be a pretty good formula in place back then.

I loved that bullpen of 2000 - Simas was the only guy I had a beef with.

Frater Perdurabo
12-15-2004, 01:39 PM
I'm not saying they're worth a spot on the roster today; however, there seemed to be a pretty good formula in place back then.

I loved that bullpen of 2000 - Simas was the only guy I had a beef with.

IIRC, the 1990 pen of Thigpen, Radinsky, Edwards, Jones, Pall and Patterson was pretty good too.