PDA

View Full Version : Goofy rumors started by Kruzer, his cousin, and others

kruzer31
12-14-2004, 04:46 PM
Its possible that Kenny Williams is in negotiations right now with Billy Beane on a deal. He would not reveal where he was on espn 1000 a bit ago and I hear Kenny is in hot pursuit of Tim Hudson after unloading Lee's contract. My cousin lives in the bay area and was shocked when the Sox got Podsednik because he had told me the A's wanted him bad but Milwaukee would not take Tim Hudson and Mark Kotsay for Podsednik and Ben Sheets. He told me Billy Beane loves the fact that Podsednik makes hardly any money and could unload Kotsay for Podsednik and save almost 3 mil there. Oakland is trying to dump salary and will not take on Konerko's contract and you heard it here first Konerko is going nowhere after Lee got traded. The deal on the table is Scott Podsednik and Jon Garland for Tim Hudson and Mark Kotsay. Garland and Kotsays contracts cancel out, and Beane saves on Podsednik for Hudson. Hudson, Buerhle, Garcia, and Contreras would man the sox rotation. The number 5 pitcher for Sox could come as a surprise to you all.
Orlando El Duque Hernandez is looking for a 2 year deal around 3 to 4 mil. He is very very very close to Contreras and there is interest on the White Sox part. Let me know what you all think.

Jeff

OurBitchinMinny
12-14-2004, 04:47 PM
I dont think it will happen, but Id definitely to that trade

ilsox7
12-14-2004, 04:48 PM
Its possible that Kenny Williams is in negotiations right now with Billy Beane on a deal. He would not reveal where he was on espn 1000 a bit ago and I hear Kenny is in hot pursuit of Tim Hudson after unloading Lee's contract. My cousin lives in the bay area and was shocked when the Sox got Podsednik because he had told me the A's wanted him bad but Milwaukee would not take Tim Hudson and Mark Kotsay for Podsednik and Ben Sheets. He told me Billy Beane loves the fact that Podsednik makes hardly any money and could unload Kotsay for Podsednik and save almost 3 mil there. Oakland is trying to dump salary and will not take on Konerko's contract and you heard it here first Konerko is going nowhere after Lee got traded. The deal on the table is Scott Podsednik and Jon Garland for Tim Hudson and Mark Kotsay. Garland and Kotsays contracts cancel out, and Beane saves on Podsednik for Hudson. Hudson, Buerhle, Garcia, and Contreras would man the sox rotation. The number 5 pitcher for Sox could come as a surprise to you all.
Orlando El Duque Hernandez is looking for a 2 year deal around 3 to 4 mil. He is very very very close to Contreras and there is interest on the White Sox part. Let me know what you all think.

Jeff
Too bad we can't offer Hudson an extension and keep him around if this were to happen. I still say it's more likely Clement is signed than any other SP scenario. But who the hell knows anymore.

Palehose13
12-14-2004, 04:51 PM
The A's acquired Mark following the 2003 season to be their leadoff hitter and center fielder. A well-rounded player with a good eye at the plate, Mark fits in well with Oakland's emphasis on on-base percentage. Mark enjoyed three remarkably consistent seasons at the plate from 2000-2002. An injured back cut into his average and power production last year, but he kept his on-base percentage high thanks to his good strike zone judgment. Mark is also a good defensive outfielder, with above-average range and a strong arm.

Hmmmmmmm...I like Podsednik, but Kotsay could be nice. I guess that Hudson guy would be OK too. :wink:

Ol' No. 2

JeffThat sounds WAAAAAYYYY too good to be true. I'd sign Hernandez as a #5 in a heartbeat.

bennyw41

Jeff
No offense, but who are your sources? Where is this trade on what table? Seems like you are just throwing ideas around, but making it seem more official. Can you clarify any of these things?

Jjav829
Still, even if Kenny was talking to Beane about Hudson, would he really have to go to Oakland? Those types of talks can take place on the phone. The RJ scenario makes sense because KW would fly out to Arizona to try to convince RJ to come here.

Baby Fisk
12-14-2004, 04:52 PM
Where is this all coming from? Were you thinking of posting in this thread? (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=42804)

winning ugly 72
i would take that deal with hudson and kotsay but i think oakland would want more for hudson than just garland and podsednik. as for el duque no thanks i would rather see cotts as our 5th than him

HomeFish
No way that happens. Too good to be true -- Billy Beane is not an idiot.

Wealz
12-14-2004, 04:57 PM
Still, even if Kenny was talking to Beane about Hudson, would he really have to go to Oakland? Those types of talks can take place on the phone. The RJ scenario makes sense because KW would fly out to Arizona to try to convince RJ to come here.
I wouldn't put much stock in Williams being in Arizona. They conduct a lot of offseason business from there every year.

A. Cavatica
12-14-2004, 04:58 PM
If this trade happened as you say, it would swing the Beane-vs-Williams evaluation in Kenny's favor. Take that, Moneyball...

Jjav829
12-14-2004, 04:59 PM
I wouldn't put much stock in Williams being in Arizona. They conduct a lot of offseason business from there every year.I'm just saying it makes sense. He seemed to indicate that revealing his location might give away the player he is after. So it makes sense that he could be in Arizona to talk with RJ and not want to let it be known that he is in Arizona. I'm just speculating here...

Tekijawa
12-14-2004, 05:00 PM
I'd do it in a heartbeat...

Kogs35
12-14-2004, 05:01 PM
I'm just saying it makes sense. He seemed to indicate that revealing his location might give away the player he is after. So it makes sense that he could be in Arizona to talk with RJ and not want to let it be known that he is in Arizona. I'm just speculating here...theres no odubt in my mind hes sitting at jerry house and paying a visit to rj or working on a deal "under the radar"

happy 800 to me:bandance:

popilius
12-14-2004, 05:03 PM
The deal on the table is Scott Podsednik and Jon Garland for Tim Hudson and Mark Kotsay.

Where is the source of this information? Did you hear this on the radio or something?

nodiggity59
12-14-2004, 05:03 PM
ESPN.com says Kotsay made 6.5mil last year:rolleyes:

kruzer31
12-14-2004, 05:04 PM
Unfortunately my only source that is true here is the fact that my cousin(who lives in the bay area) told me Beane wanted Podsednik. I never said Kenny might be in Oakland, just meeting with Beane somewhere. They do business alot and if Beane made this trade he would not look like and idiot. He almost traded Hudson to LA for Edwin Jackson and another prospect. Here he gets Garland cheap and Podsednik is almost the same player as Kotsay but 3mil cheaper. Right up Beanes alley. Its possible the sox would have to throw in someone like Borchard or Anderson but i dont think that would be too much. The Sox want Hudson and he is great friends with Konerko as well. As far as the El Duque acquisition there is proof from the South Herald that there is interest on the sox part and like i said El Duque and Contrerras are pretty close and i think El Duque could help him to be at ease. Comfort is a big key to pitching well. Whoever said Neil cotts as the 5th starter over El Duque is mistaken. El Duque gives you innings and is a BIG game pitcher. Except in 2000 when we went and spanked him for 10 runs in the first and swept them in New York. Wasnt that awesome? I think we took 4 in a row at cleveland then 3 in a row in NY. Ahhhh, memories. Lets get these 2 pitchers and our rotation is the best in the AL.

JEFF

jabrch
No way that happens. Too good to be true -- Billy Beane is not an idiot.

signs Art Rhodes

trades a 5 tool catcher for a mediocre setup guy

acquires Jermaine Dye at 11mm per year

not an idiot? If he were our GM - he'd have been crucified by now.

kittle42
I am so glad the lemmings continue to make every ridiculous trade thread just like the parody trade thread.

kittle42
12-14-2004, 05:08 PM
Unfortunately my only source that is true here is the fact that my cousin(who lives in the bay area) told me Beane wanted Podsednik. This is pretty justified....

:threadsucks

I had better contact my friends and relatives in other cities and hypothesize as to what the Cubs and Sox will do because I have better information than the average fan due to my geographic location.

Foulke You
12-14-2004, 05:09 PM
I'd love to have Hudson (especially if we could iron out an extension) but I don't know too much about Kotsay. His stats look rather Gload-ish, in fact, I think Gload could probably put up better numbers and both are left handed batters. Obviously, Hudson is the center piece of the trade, but wouldn't we be better off with an outfield of Everett/Rowand/Dye than Kotsay/Rowand/Dye? Unless Kotsay would be used as a bench guy. Just thinking out loud here.:cool:

soxfan26
12-14-2004, 05:10 PM

Jeff
It just sounds too good to be true. Do you have a source on this?

hold2dibber
12-14-2004, 05:12 PM
If this trade happened as you say, it would swing the Beane-vs-Williams evaluation in Kenny's favor. Take that, Moneyball...
But it ain't gonna happen. Can you imagine Beane actually trading Kotsay (who gets on base at a high clip, which Beane really values) and Hudson (who's one of the best starters in baseball) for Podsednik (whose major attribute is stolen bases, which Beane doesn't at all value) and Garland (who's a decent no. 4 of 5 starter)? That would be a straight salary dump, but I have no reason to believe that the A's are trying to dump salary and I'm sure they could get WAY more for Hudson than the deal suggested in this thread. I'd think Rowand would be a substantially more enticing piece to Beane than Podsednik. This is pure speculation, but my guess would be that to get Hudson, the Sox would have to send Garland and Rowand (and maybe a prospect) to the A's.

kruzer31
12-14-2004, 05:12 PM
I post from time to time with legit information and legit knowledge. I guess Kotsay would not fit in the budget then if he made 6.5 mil. As for Kenny being in arizona getting RJ. We need to stop thinking RJ is coming here. We should be foucused on getting Hudson in a deal. He is younger, cy young canidate and the best all around available pitcher on the market. RJ will be gone in a year or two, Hudson will be around much longer. Vazquez is an option , but i dont want Paulie to be traded. As whoever called me a troll, im sure you have your reasons and i am not here to stir any controversey. Im a 9 year season ticket holder with my brother and have suffered like all of you through the Darrin Jacksons, Danny Tartabulls, Ruben Sierras, Lyle Moutons, Jim Abbots, Dave Stiebs, Doug Drabeks, Chris Snopkes, Todd Ritchies, Jeff Abbots, and Royce Claytons. I want to get the Ring so bad before the cubs do, Hudson could be huge in accomplishing that.

JEFF

dickallen15
12-14-2004, 05:18 PM
Podsednik is the anti- Billy Beane player. Oakland doesn't emphasis steals. They like obp, something Pods in not very good at, and he doesn't have much power. This is not going to happen.

ChiSoxTony
12-14-2004, 06:51 PM
A friend of mine noticed KW at the airport in Phoenix. He was rushing to pick up his luggage while talking on his cell phone. My friend tried to get close enough to hear the discussion. He managed to get within three feet of him. He tried evesdropping on his and managed to hear the following, "Konerko and Garland, thats right". KW then walked into an airline club room when he noticed that people were recognizing him. I don't know what any of this means , but I thought I'd pass it along.

soltrain21
12-14-2004, 06:53 PM
A friend of mine noticed KW at the airport in Phoenix. He was rushing to pick up his luggage while talking on his cell phone. My friend tried to get close enough to hear the discussion. He managed to get within three feet of him. He tried evesdropping on his and managed to hear the following, "Konerko and Garland, thats right". KW then walked into an airline club room when he noticed that people were recognizing him. I don't know what any of this means , but I thought I'd pass it along.

.....How reliable is your friend?

DumpJerry
He was setting up his golf threesome.

MarkyBear
Maybe Kenny was the 'phone a friend' for someone on the "New Who Wants To Be A Millionare"...

But what was the question???

balboner
12-14-2004, 06:55 PM
IF, and that's a huge if, that is true, it likely involves the 3-way trade that would get Vazquez to the Sox for Konerko and Garland. Personally, I think this trade flat out sucks, and does nothing to help this team. Not only that, we would also be handing the AL to the Yankees also.

ChiSoxTony
friend of mine travels a lot. He's a huge White Sox fan and very credible and reliable.

fquaye149
oh brother...this defies all logic.

az shouldn't want konerko

we shouldn't want to give up a starting pitcher and konerko for johnson.

although if we went out and signed el duque after picking up johnson i think we'd be straight....BUT ONLY IF WE SIGN ANOTHER STARTER

of course inevitably the replies will come... (no hitters in the lineup) ignoring that our rotation would be

RJ, Garcia, Buehrle, Contreras, Hernandez

DaleJRFan
12-14-2004, 06:56 PM
Kenny Williams, Paul Konerko and Jon Garland to visit area 51 in Roswell...

This just sounds really hokie...

nodiggity59
I'm telling you, first the Sox designate Meaux for assignment, then KW will make a move.

On a sidenote, I'm not so thrilled about a Konerko - Garland trade now that CLee is gone. Maybe we could get Delgado or Piercynski (sp) to fill out the lineup, but I'm inclined to keep Paulie at this point.

munchman33
IF, and that's a huge if, that is true, it likely involves the 3-way trade that would get Vazquez to the Sox for Konerko and Garland. Personally, I think this trade flat out sucks, and does nothing to help this team. Not only that, we would also be handing the AL to the Yankees also.
If we ship out Konerko and Garland, and get Vazquez in return (with the Yankees picking up a mint like all rumors point to), we'll have tons more money to work with. We could sign another starter and another first basemen.

nodiggity59
12-14-2004, 06:58 PM
friend of mine travels a lot. He's a huge White Sox fan and very credible and reliable.
Does he post here? Or at Soxtalk? Be nice to hear from the horse's mouth. Either way, thanks for the info!

DaleJRFan
12-14-2004, 07:03 PM
KW then walked into an airline club room when he noticed that people were recognizing him.
Was he dressed like Waldo??

santo=dorf
12-14-2004, 07:07 PM
https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/bschalle/www/radarESPN1000.GIF

http://images.radcity.net/5176/584831.jpg
"This is Bruce Levine reporting that the ESPN 1000 radar has detected a Kenny Williams presence in Phoenix."

Hey Arizona just acquired Royce Clayton, just say NO! KW.

kittle42
12-14-2004, 07:07 PM
oh brother...this defies all logic.

az shouldn't want konerko

we shouldn't want to give up a starting pitcher and konerko for johnson.

although if we went out and signed el duque after picking up johnson i think we'd be straight....BUT ONLY IF WE SIGN ANOTHER STARTER

of course inevitably the replies will come... (no hitters in the lineup) ignoring that our rotation would be

RJ, Garcia, Buehrle, Contreras, Hernandez
Does he post here? Or at Soxtalk? Be nice to hear from the horse's mouth. Either way, thanks for the info!
WHY OH WHY is anyone even paying this "rumor" lip service?

Ugh.

:dtroll:

kittle42
12-14-2004, 07:08 PM
:threadsucks

It sucks a lot.

voodoochile
12-14-2004, 07:09 PM
Kenny Williams, Paul Konerko and Jon Garland to visit area 51 in Roswell...

This just sounds really hokie...
I concur and why would he need to be reconfirming the names of the players over his cellphone while walking through the Pheonix airport. He was either there to discuss/make the trade and would be doing that face to face or was leaving on his way home in which case the discussions had already happened.

Somebody's having their leg pulled...:rolleyes:

ja1022
12-14-2004, 07:11 PM
Or the conversation could have gone something like this:

JR: "Kenny, who'd you say you had coming over to clean my gutters, Konerko and Garland?"

KW: "Konerko and Garland, that's right."
Sounds like a story to me.

nodiggity59
12-14-2004, 07:11 PM
Damn it, I'm so vulnerable I'll believe anything right now!

kittle42
12-14-2004, 07:12 PM
I concur and why would he need to be reconfirming the names of the players over his cellphone while walking through the Pheonix airport. He was either there to discuss/make the trade and would be doing that face to face or was leaving on his way home in which case the discussions had already happened.

No, I swear! He is my good friend and would never lie to me. We took a blood oath when we were kids and then spit on our hands and shook on it!

Clarkowski
12-14-2004, 07:12 PM
I have a friend who saw KW at the airport too, but he heard him say 'mayonnaise sandwich on rye'. Time will only tell....

ja1022
12-14-2004, 07:14 PM
I have a friend who saw KW at the airport too, but he heard him say 'mayonnaise sandwich on rye'. Time will only tell....
On rye!!??? What an idiot!!!!!

Kogs35
12-14-2004, 07:15 PM
oy veh not agian

voodoochile
12-14-2004, 07:17 PM
Maybe he was talking to the wife about Xmas decorations...

:KW
"Trim the tree with gold and flowing garland. That's right..."

Clarkowski
12-14-2004, 07:17 PM
Or he could have been making lunch plans to have a mayonnaise sandwich with Dye.

DaleJRFan
12-14-2004, 07:18 PM
Is there any chance this thread can be moved into the "Total waste of Bandwidth" area of WSI????

Kogs35
12-14-2004, 07:19 PM
Or he could have been making lunch plans to have a mayonnaise sandwich with Dye.http://re2.mm-b.yimg.com/image/770966032 (http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062857/K=homer/v=2/SID=e/l=II/R=24/SS=i/OID=0b4eef044235f736/SIG=1k6fd45li/*-http%3A//images.search.yahoo.com/search/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fs earch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dhomer%26ei%3DUTF-8%26imgsz%3Dall%26fr%3Dslv1-fp%26b%3D21&h=480&w=640&imgcurl=eldar.cz%2Fsimpsonovi%2FObrazky%2FZ_televi ze%2FHomer_-_Z_TELEVIZE%2FHomer4.jpg&imgurl=eldar.cz%2Fsimpsonovi%2FObrazky%2FZ_televiz e%2FHomer_-_Z_TELEVIZE%2FHomer4.jpg&size=47.7kB&name=Homer4.jpg&rcurl=http%3A%2F%2Feldar.cz%2Fsimpsonovi%2FObrazky %2FZ_televize%2FHomer_-_Z_TELEVIZE%2Fhomer_-_z_televize.html&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Feldar.cz%2Fsimpsonovi%2FObrazky% 2FZ_televize%2FHomer_-_Z_TELEVIZE%2Fhomer_-_z_televize.html&p=homer&type=jpeg&no=24&tt=132,287)
"mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sanwhich's."

S.S. Lumber Yard
12-14-2004, 07:20 PM
Neal Cotts, Paul Konerko, and Prospect for Randy Johnsnon and filler.

Johnson
Buehrle
Freddy
Contreras
Garland

WinningUgly!
12-14-2004, 07:22 PM
Be nice to hear from the horse's mouth. Either way, thanks for the info!
I'm not so sure about the mouth, but I agree this came straight out of some part of the horse.:rolleyes:

Soxfest
12-14-2004, 07:46 PM
To do the trade KW can pick up phone why go to PHX........I don't see it.

JGarlandrules20
12-14-2004, 07:54 PM
Cool...so he just happened to hear him mention Konerko and Garland?

..sure.

A. Cavatica
12-14-2004, 08:14 PM
But it ain't gonna happen. Can you imagine Beane actually trading Kotsay (who gets on base at a high clip, which Beane really values) and Hudson (who's one of the best starters in baseball) for Podsednik (whose major attribute is stolen bases, which Beane doesn't at all value) and Garland (who's a decent no. 4 of 5 starter)? That would be a straight salary dump, but I have no reason to believe that the A's are trying to dump salary and I'm sure they could get WAY more for Hudson than the deal suggested in this thread. I'd think Rowand would be a substantially more enticing piece to Beane than Podsednik. This is pure speculation, but my guess would be that to get Hudson, the Sox would have to send Garland and Rowand (and maybe a prospect) to the A's.
Oh God, no. It's a ridiculous rumor. As others pointed out, Beane doesn't want stolen bases and a chance of a .311 on-base percentage -- and there's a feeding frenzy going on for Hudson.

By the way, I came up with the same formula as you (Rowand, Garland, and a prospect) but I don't think that would even get Hudson, much less Hudson & Kotsay.

pearso66
12-14-2004, 08:16 PM
Cool...so he just happened to hear him mention Konerko and Garland?

..sure.

Yeah, that rumor has been going around a lot, for him to hear KW at the exact time he said Garland and Konerko right, seems pretty hokey to me

jordan23ventura
12-14-2004, 08:17 PM
Now that Lee is gone, a Konerko + Garland for Vazquez deal makes more sense if you use the money to sign Clement and Delgado.

I know I'm dreaming, but a rotation of:
Garcia
Buerhle
Clement
Vazquez
Contreras

and a lineup of:
Podsednik LF
Rowand CF
Delgado 1B
Thomas/Everett DH
Dye RF
Uribe SS
Crede 3B
Davis/Burke C
Harris 2B

with our current bullpen makes ALMOST a complete team!

A. Cavatica
12-14-2004, 08:26 PM
Well, *my* friend saw KW at the airport too, and he heard him say "Munoz, Adkins, and Dye" -- which must be true because Kenny is not so dumb as to order a mayonnaise sandwich.

Kogs35
12-14-2004, 08:28 PM
:KW [/url]

"we are pleased to annouce the aquisition of http://re2.mm-a.yimg.com/image/331542019 (http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062857/K=dancing+homer/v=2/SID=e/l=II/R=5/SS=i/OID=c0f429337af74ffc/SIG=1d5a9er4f/*-http%3A//images.search.yahoo.com/search/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.search.yahoo.com%2Fsear ch%2Fimages%3Ffr%3Dslv1-fp%26p%3Ddancing%2Bhomer&h=170&w=227&imgcurl=www.tvacres.com%2Fdancin_homer.jpg&imgurl=www.tvacres.com%2Fdancin_homer.jpg&size=7.5kB&name=dancin_homer.jpg&rcurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tvacres.com%2Fdance_homer.h tm&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tvacres.com%2Fdance_homer.ht m&p=dancing+homer&type=jpeg&no=5&tt=128) dancing homer." "i have been after him for months"

[url="http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062857/K=dancing+homer/v=2/SID=e/l=II/R=5/SS=i/OID=c0f429337af74ffc/SIG=1d5a9er4f/*-http%3A//images.search.yahoo.com/search/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.search.yahoo.com%2Fsear ch%2Fimages%3Ffr%3Dslv1-fp%26p%3Ddancing%2Bhomer&h=170&w=227&imgcurl=www.tvacres.com%2Fdancin_homer.jpg&imgurl=www.tvacres.com%2Fdancin_homer.jpg&size=7.5kB&name=dancin_homer.jpg&rcurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tvacres.com%2Fdance_homer.h tm&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tvacres.com%2Fdance_homer.ht m&p=dancing+homer&type=jpeg&no=5&tt=128"] (http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062857/K=dancing+homer/v=2/SID=e/l=II/R=5/SS=i/OID=c0f429337af74ffc/SIG=1d5a9er4f/*-http%3A//images.search.yahoo.com/search/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.search.yahoo.com%2Fsear ch%2Fimages%3Ffr%3Dslv1-fp%26p%3Ddancing%2Bhomer&h=170&w=227&imgcurl=www.tvacres.com%2Fdancin_homer.jpg&imgurl=www.tvacres.com%2Fdancin_homer.jpg&size=7.5kB&name=dancin_homer.jpg&rcurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tvacres.com%2Fdance_homer.h tm&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tvacres.com%2Fdance_homer.ht m&p=dancing+homer&type=jpeg&no=5&tt=128)

Jurr
12-14-2004, 08:32 PM
Well, according to ESPN, the Diamondbacks are calling the Yanks again to try and revive a deal for Randy Johnson, so we'll see what is up.

WinningUgly!
12-14-2004, 08:37 PM
Well, *my* friend saw KW at the airport too, and he heard him say "Munoz, Adkins, and Dye" -- which must be true because Kenny is not so dumb as to order a mayonnaise sandwich.
This guy that used to work with my brother's ex-wife's step-cousin just called & told me that Ken Williams is actually in Australia, not Arizona. He over-heard him say something about a vegemite sandwich, and thinks KW is working on a cross-promotion with VH1, on a Bands Reunited deal that could bring Men At Work to the Cell next year as part of "Down Under Day". It's either that or the Brewers still own the rights to Dave Nilsson & KW would like to get him as the PTBNL.

whitesoxwilkes
12-14-2004, 08:40 PM
Someone told ME that KW was actually on the horn with his wife asking her to "pick up the garland" for his Christmas decorations.

:supernana:

12-14-2004, 08:53 PM
Does your friend have some of that Ocean front property in Arizona?

DaveIsHere
12-14-2004, 09:05 PM
ANd then he heard KW say "Thomes, garcia, Buehrle, and Rowand........yes an I want Sosa in return" Now how awesome is that.......yes my friend is a huge Sox fan

Sorry Mods I couldn't help it:D:

Jerome
12-14-2004, 09:11 PM
signs Art Rhodes

trades a 5 tool catcher for a mediocre setup guy

acquires Jermaine Dye at 11mm per year

not an idiot? If he were our GM - he'd have been crucified by now.

If he were our GM we'd also be discussing our recent run of three consecutive division titles rececntly coming to an end this past year. Considering Oakland plays in a harder division and has a lower payroll than us.

Certainly not an idiot.

CPditka
12-14-2004, 09:19 PM
FWIW, here is ESPN's latest info on RJ, Yanks trade Vasquez, Gordon, and a pitching prospect.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1946464

If we are going to be involved as a 3rd team... we arent going to be wanting Gordon now that we have a surplus of Bulpen arms. And I think that Judy and Pauly is way too much for just JV. If Kenny being in Zona is true, which based on this ESPN report sounds likely, what do you think the final trade would be.

soxwon
12-14-2004, 09:23 PM
DO IT. its a steal for us.

Rudy Law
12-14-2004, 09:24 PM
On rye!!??? What an idiot!!!!!
That is really really funny!!!

dickallen15
12-14-2004, 09:28 PM
Kenny wouldn't need to be in Arizona to make a trade. He's there probably because his family is there.

CPditka
12-14-2004, 09:30 PM
I really dont think KW is in Arizona, this trade doesnt make sense anymore.

MeanFish
12-14-2004, 09:32 PM
I agree. I have this strange suspicion that he was discussing things with Perez' agent wherever he would would need to be for that to happen.

No facts to back it up, just a gut feeling.

That, and Clement would just be far too "on the radar" for KW

Rocklive99
12-14-2004, 10:12 PM
When the Lee trade was announced, I was hoping it was some part of a 3 way or future deal to get Hudson and spend some money on an OF or other need, but that was def not this case. The offer you propose here is too good to be true. I still think there must be something KW knows for sure though about something he is going to do to make the Lee-Podsednik deal tho

Rocklive99
12-14-2004, 10:16 PM
For everyone saying Delgado, I suggest you visit this thread http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=42698&page=1&pp=15

mdep524
12-14-2004, 10:17 PM
We need to stop thinking RJ is coming here. We should be foucused on getting Hudson in a deal. He is younger, cy young canidate and the best all around available pitcher on the market.
:cheers:

steff
12-14-2004, 10:19 PM
To do the trade KW can pick up phone why go to PHX........I don't see it.

He has family there.. likely he was going there to visit before returning here.

mdep524
12-14-2004, 10:19 PM
Also, I would trade Rowand (plus a prospect) for Hudson, if I knew I could lock up Hudson to an extention before April 1. It's a semi-steep price, but it'd be worth it.

kittle42
12-14-2004, 10:38 PM
http://re2.mm-b.yimg.com/image/770966032 (http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062857/K=homer/v=2/SID=e/l=II/R=24/SS=i/OID=0b4eef044235f736/SIG=1k6fd45li/*-http%3A//images.search.yahoo.com/search/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fs earch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dhomer%26ei%3DUTF-8%26imgsz%3Dall%26fr%3Dslv1-fp%26b%3D21&h=480&w=640&imgcurl=eldar.cz%2Fsimpsonovi%2FObrazky%2FZ_televi ze%2FHomer_-_Z_TELEVIZE%2FHomer4.jpg&imgurl=eldar.cz%2Fsimpsonovi%2FObrazky%2FZ_televiz e%2FHomer_-_Z_TELEVIZE%2FHomer4.jpg&size=47.7kB&name=Homer4.jpg&rcurl=http%3A%2F%2Feldar.cz%2Fsimpsonovi%2FObrazky %2FZ_televize%2FHomer_-_Z_TELEVIZE%2Fhomer_-_z_televize.html&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Feldar.cz%2Fsimpsonovi%2FObrazky% 2FZ_televize%2FHomer_-_Z_TELEVIZE%2Fhomer_-_z_televize.html&p=homer&type=jpeg&no=24&tt=132,287)
"mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sanwhich's."
Boy, busy day for me.

Sandwiches.

Thank you.

santo=dorf
12-14-2004, 10:40 PM
Boy, busy day for me.

Sandwiches.

Thank you.
You still have some more work to do in the "actress" thread in the parking lot. :)

Mickster
12-14-2004, 10:45 PM
Intersting Article about trading RJ can be found HERE (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-diamondbacks-johnson&prov=ap&type=lgns).
The quote that I found interesting:

``We've had some visitors with us today,'' Kendrick said at a news conference to announce the shortstop Royce Clayton (http://bigleaguers.yahoo.com/mlbpa/players/4800/)'s one-year contract, a deal worth $1.35 million. ``We've been entertaining some prospects.''
:dunno:

FightingBillini
12-14-2004, 10:52 PM
Kenny wouldn't need to be in Arizona to make a trade. He's there probably because his family is there.
I dont know if anyone mentioned it, but did it occur to anyone that he may be there trying to convince Randy Johnson to accept a trade?

Mickster
12-14-2004, 10:54 PM
I dont know if anyone mentioned it, but did it occur to anyone that he may be there trying to convince Randy Johnson to accept a trade?
JR lives down the street from RJ. :?:

santo=dorf
12-14-2004, 10:58 PM
I dont know if anyone mentioned it, but did it occur to anyone that he may be there trying to convince Randy Johnson to accept a trade?Or maybe he was picking up his son for Christmas break. :?:

ilsox7
12-14-2004, 10:59 PM
At this point, I honestly hope not. I think we can get Clement for a slight discount and in our price range. But if time/energy is spent on RJ that could be spent on Clement, I'd be pissed. I am still being patient with all of this, but my patience will probably only last through this week. KW needs to bring in a solid #3 (Clement/Perez) relatively soon for this deal to work, IMO.

pearso66
12-14-2004, 11:15 PM
Also, I would trade Rowand (plus a prospect) for Hudson, if I knew I could lock up Hudson to an extention before April 1. It's a semi-steep price, but it'd be worth it.

Rowand and a prospect is a steep price for Hudson? I'd do that trade in a heart beat heck, I'd even trade Reed if we still had him

OurBitchinMinny
12-14-2004, 11:25 PM
konerko and garland for elmer dessens.

StillMissOzzie
12-14-2004, 11:52 PM
For what it's worth, KW was on MJ&H this afternoon at appx. 4:00PM, and Mac made a point of noting that his caller ID did not give KW's location. KW in turn made a point of NOT revealing where he was calling in from. Coincidence?

SMO
:gulp:

soltrain21
12-14-2004, 11:58 PM
For what it's worth, KW was on MJ&H this afternoon at appx. 2:00PM, and Mac made a point of noting that his caller ID did not give KW's location. KW in turn made a point of NOT revealing where he was calling in from. Coincidence?

SMO
:gulp:

Is he in hell making a deal with the devil?!

:reinsy

"HA! He can't backload a contract like I can."

StockdaleForVeep
12-15-2004, 12:03 AM
:reinsy
"Oh no Mav, someone set up us the bomb and listened to your conversation, THEY KNOW!!!"

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2270"All your base are belong to us, s'ok skip, i got em."

Mohoney
12-15-2004, 03:45 AM
as for el duque no thanks i would rather see cotts as our 5th than him
Cotts has a real shot to go 8-2 with a 3.30 ERA?

I would jump for joy to field a rotation of Hudson, Buehrle, Garcia, Contreras, and El Duque.

steff
12-15-2004, 05:38 AM
JR lives down the street from RJ. :?:

Right next door. :cool:

white sox bill
12-15-2004, 07:47 AM

I'm with voodo, deals get done in private, NOT on a cell phone @ Skyharbour airport.

Maximo
12-15-2004, 08:28 AM
Since Reinsdorf is probably picking up the "tab" for the flight, KW might have been informing his wife of the "lay overs" on his return trip to Chicago.

"Kosevo and Ireland, that's right"

WhiteSoxFan84
12-15-2004, 08:46 AM
I'm a first time blower and I'm proud to make this my first blow....
:threadblows:

The fact that it has 4 pages of responses is a JOKE. Come on, READ THE TITLE! A friend of mine saw Kerry Wood at Comiskey a few years ago, it was sometime in June. I think he'll be demanding a trade to the White Sox.

Just plain stupid. KW did say he was somewhere but didn't say where he was. For all we know he was in Arizona just to see his family. He might have been in San Francisco talking to A.J. Pierzynski or maybe in Los Angeles talking to Adrian Beltre and/or Odalis Perez.

He walked up just close enough to hear him say, "Konerko and Garland, right", lol, WOW.

I hope 70% of these responses are sarcastic. I didn't read them all but as I said, I hope they are. If not, wow, are we a gullible bunch.

Whitesoxtom
12-15-2004, 08:51 AM
WOW!!! What are the odds??? Not only does he see Ken Williams, but hears him say "Konerko and Garland"!!!

I'd say either you or your friend is blowing smoke where the sun don't shine.

kittle42
12-15-2004, 09:12 AM
I hope 70% of these responses are sarcastic. I didn't read them all but as I said, I hope they are. If not, wow, are we a gullible bunch.
That's what I've been saying. IMHO, the most embarrassing posts are those that say things like "if this is true" or "I doubt this is true, but if it is..."

Don't give even a miniscule amount of credibility to these ridiculous threads.

WhiteSoxFan84
12-15-2004, 09:25 AM
Locations KW was spotted yesterday according to WSI members;

Arizona, Oakland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Omaha, Idaho, and some conflicting reports that he was spotted in Nicaragua scouting a 17 year old pitcher who has been recorded throwing a 112 MPH curveball. None make sense except for the last one.

MRKARNO
12-15-2004, 09:28 AM
I dont know about the whole "Garland and Konerko" BS, but if KW was in Phoenix, he very well may have been visiting with Matt Clement, who also happened to be in Phoenix visiting Bank One Ballpark yesterday, but that may have been a ploy so he could meet with Kenny....

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/diamondbacks/articles/1215dbacks1215.html

The Diamondbacks introduced shortstop Royce Clayton as their newest member Tuesday after free-agent pitcher Matt Clement visited Bank One Ballpark. Meanwhile, Craig Counsell's nameplate was placed in the corner of the clubhouse.

wdelaney72
12-15-2004, 09:46 AM
As the president of the FONC (Friends Of Neal Cotts) organization, even I dispute any claim that Cotts would be a better #5 pitcher then Orlando Hernandez.

As far as Konerko and Hudson being good friends and Hernandez and Contreras being good friends...
:whocares

Hernandez and Hudson (as well as any of us) go and work WHERE THEY WILL GET PAID!

Period.
That being said, a rotation of
Hudson
Garcia
Buehrle
Hernandez
Contreras
would be beautiful. However, I'm starting to grow tired of speculating.

Jjav829
12-15-2004, 10:05 AM
I have a cousin who lives near Tampa Bay. I'll see if Kenny has been there to try to trade for Aubrey Huff...:rolleyes:

mjharrison72
12-15-2004, 10:06 AM
That sounds WAAAAAYYYY too good to be true. I'd sign Hernandez as a #5 in a heartbeat.Why don't we sign Hernandez as a #5 anyway, and keep Garland?

WhiteSoxFan84
12-15-2004, 10:10 AM
As far as Konerko and Hudson being good friends and Hernandez and Contreras being good friends...

Konerko and Hudson? Someone maybe making this up, but if they are using that ESPN commericial, it was Konerko and Zito. Or was it Hudson? No I think it was Zito. Or was it Hudson? Either way, THAT was weird.

Ol' No. 2
12-15-2004, 10:38 AM
I have a friend who saw KW at the airport too, but he heard him say 'mayonnaise sandwich on rye'. Time will only tell....Mayonnaise sandwich? If he would just spend a little more money he could get it with pastrami. And on rye?? You guys are right. Cheap and stupid.

Kogs35
12-15-2004, 10:43 AM
Mayonnaise sandwich? If he would just spend a little more money he could get it with pastrami. And on rye?? You guys are right. Cheap and stupid.sorry i have todo this agian since lunch is coming up
http://re2.mm-b.yimg.com/image/758946351 (http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062857/K=homer+eating/v=2/SID=e/l=II/R=1/SS=i/OID=349093025db0f454/SIG=1gbs3ro41/*-http%3A//images.search.yahoo.com/search/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.search.yahoo.com%2Fsear ch%2Fimages%3Ffr%3Dslv1-fp%26p%3Dhomer%2Beating&h=280&w=248&imgcurl=www.synergizedsolutions.com%2Fsimpsons%2Fp ictures%2Fhomer%2Fhomer_eatsub.gif&imgurl=www.synergizedsolutions.com%2Fsimpsons%2Fpi ctures%2Fhomer%2Fhomer_eatsub.gif&size=19.9kB&name=homer_eatsub.gif&rcurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcliparts.coolbegin.com%2Fg.asp% 3Fid%3D62562&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcliparts.coolbegin.com%2Fg.asp%3 Fid%3D62562&p=homer+eating&type=gif&no=1&tt=134)

"mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sandwhich's"

ja1022
12-15-2004, 10:45 AM
That's what I've been saying. IMHO, the most embarrassing posts are those that say things like "if this is true" or "I doubt this is true, but if it is..."

Don't give even a miniscule amount of credibility to these ridiculous threads.Agreed. But they're funny, in an "uncomfortably funny" way. These types of threads lend further evidence to the fact there really is a sucker born every minute. It's a kick to see the fervor and momentum they generate. I keep checking back to see who's buying this load, and who's having fun with it. In fact, I think ChiSoxTony was a knowing perpatrator of this hoax.

Ol' No. 2
12-15-2004, 10:47 AM
Didn't we already have a thread for completely made up BS?

mactheknife
12-15-2004, 10:53 AM
"are you sure you read it somewhere? are you sure it wasn't nothing?"

JDsDirtySox
12-15-2004, 10:57 AM
I love this game.
Where in the World in Carmen Kenny Williams!

Clue 1: He is in an airport.

Mickster
12-15-2004, 11:01 AM
Didn't we already have a thread for completely made up BS?
That describes about 60% of the threads on WSI. I doubt that anyone posted anything serious in this thread.

JDsDirtySox
12-15-2004, 11:12 AM
Konerko and Hudson? Someone maybe making this up, but if they are using that ESPN commericial, it was Konerko and Zito. Or was it Hudson? No I think it was Zito. Or was it Hudson? Either way, THAT was weird.

It was Hudson.

kruzer31
12-15-2004, 12:59 PM
I understand that my thread about my cousin hearing Bean was interested in SPodsednik was moved, but if mine was moved , why was the guy's whose friend was at the airport in Phoenix and literally hear KW say Garland and Konerko. The guy got that close to KW and heard him talking on his cell phone about a trade. Give me a F#*&% break. I dont care that my thread was moved but lets be consistent moderators, you guys actually let that stay in the sox clubhouse, boy did you moderators get fleeced by maybe the most Phoniest story ever posted in the history of this Forum.

JEFF

Erik The Red
12-15-2004, 01:03 PM
I understand that my thread about my cousin hearing Bean was interested in SPodsednik was moved, but if mine was moved , why was the guy's whose friend was at the airport in Phoenix and literally hear KW say Garland and Konerko. The guy got that close to KW and heard him talking on his cell phone about a trade. Give me a F#*&% break. I dont care that my thread was moved but lets be consistent moderators, you guys actually let that stay in the sox clubhouse, boy did you moderators get fleeced by maybe the most Phoniest story ever posted in the history of this Forum.

JEFF
So your idea of proving the validity of your thread is to make a non-Sox-related post in the Clubhouse?

http://images.usatoday.com/money/_photos/2004/03/08/guiness-inside.jpg

"Brilliant!"

PaleHoseGeorge
12-15-2004, 01:06 PM
Here you go Kruzer. Make sure to alert your cousin, too.
:cool:

Iwritecode
12-15-2004, 01:27 PM
Since the thread have been moved and merged...

:tomatoaward

Love the title BTW. :D:

kruzer31
12-15-2004, 01:27 PM
What?

balke
12-15-2004, 01:45 PM
I thought Hudson might be on the table for us too. THought, didn't hear or have any reason to really. But he would be more realistic than RJ IMO. I mentioned this to some people and heard that Hudson hates the White Sox, has for a while. Doesn't like either some players here, or just the organization, and he would never want to sit behind Buerhle and Garcia.

Just what I heard, any confirmations?

kittle42
12-15-2004, 02:16 PM
Here you go Kruzer. Make sure to alert your cousin, too.
:cool:
You are on fire, PHG.

Gold, Jerry, gold!

DumpJerry
12-15-2004, 03:48 PM
My second cousin, once removed, wife's nephew saw KW at the Rochester, New York airport last Tuesday at 4:45 p.m. talking on his (KW's) cell phone.

He heard KW say "Ruth and Gehrig."

Do we have these guys under contract?

voodoochile
12-15-2004, 04:57 PM
My second cousin, once removed, wife's nephew saw KW at the Rochester, New York airport last Tuesday at 4:45 p.m. talking on his (KW's) cell phone.

He heard KW say "Ruth and Gehrig."

Do we have these guys under contract?
Yeah, but the money's deferred until their great great grandchildren are of legal age, so why would JR trade them now?

34 Inch Stick
12-15-2004, 05:03 PM
I like fast cars and fast women. That's why the guys in my car club call me The Kruzer.

jordan23ventura
12-15-2004, 05:57 PM
I like fast cars and fast women. That's why the guys in my car club call me The Kruzer.
Hillarous.

Leave the guy alone. So what if no one knows that his source is credible? No one questions that otis guy anymore when he posts. Everyone goes nuts. Besides, its the offseason. Rumors are everywhere.