PDA

View Full Version : Curiosity of White Sox vs. Yankees...

ukigdog
12-14-2004, 03:16 PM
If the Sox signed Matt Clement, i was just curious at what the comparison would look like:

Starting Rotations:

White Sox
Garcia - (18-20 wins)
Buehrle - (15-18 wins)
Clement - (15-18 wins)
Contreras - (12-15 wins)
Garland - (10-12 wins)

Yankees
Pavano - (18-20 wins)
Mussina - (15-18 wins)
Vazquez - (15-18 wins)
Brown - (10-15 wins)
Wright - (10-15 wins)

* Looking at the starting rotations, they are not that far apart. Also, you know between Wright, Mussina, Brown one will get hurt and they will have similar problems to last year with their rotation. Unless they end up landing RJ, i dont see thier rotation being much better than ours!

Bullpens:

White Sox
Cotts
Pollite
Hermanson
Vizcaino
Marte
Takatsu

Yankees
??
Karsay
Roderiguez
Quantrill
Gordon
Rivera

* Looking at the Bullpen, clearly the yankees have a stud closer in rivera, but takatsu isnt that bad, he does get the hitters out, his ERA was GREAT. Plus, gordon, quantrill, roderiguez is similar to Marte, Vizcaino, Hermanson.

In the end the yankees seem to have overall a slight edge on the pitching side of the ball over what the White Sox have, however its not too far off. We are in pretty good shape if we get Clement!

WhiteSoxFan84
12-14-2004, 03:17 PM
Now look at the lineups...

southsider17
12-14-2004, 03:19 PM
Uh oh! :o:

ukigdog
12-14-2004, 03:20 PM
Well by the time our lineup is set, and you compare the lineups they will be polar opposites. Yankees are a station to station Power lineup that relies on the three run bomb. This is typically found only in teams that have ALOT of cash to throw around and are not worried about payroll.

For those teams that dont have that kind of money, they will get the so called grinders that produce runs. Look at the twins, marlins, etc. Now taking this into effect, i still think that the new Go-Go-Whitesox we are turning into, we will be dangerous as will the Power Yankees.

Just wait and see....

Tekijawa
12-14-2004, 03:22 PM
Podsednik and Jeeter is a Toss up at lead off.
I'd take Rowand over Beltran any day
Pauly over Arod in a Heartbeat
Thomas/GLoad/Everett over...

fquaye149
12-14-2004, 03:36 PM
if we signed perez or clement our rotation would be head and shoulders above theirs.

our bullpen is already with the exception of rivera

Dolanski
12-14-2004, 04:32 PM
if we signed perez or clement our rotation would be head and shoulders above theirs.

Yeah, right NOW. But come the trading deadline when they get Randy, Kevin Milwood, Tim Hudson, Andy Pettitte, Al Leiter, AJ Burnett, and just for kicks, Sterling Hitchcock again, they are again better than us...

How about we beat the Twinkies first before anyone here starts getting in a pissing contest with the Yankees...

OEO Magglio
12-14-2004, 04:35 PM

Agreed.

fquaye149
12-14-2004, 05:29 PM
Yeah, right NOW. But come the trading deadline when they get Randy, Kevin Milwood, Tim Hudson, Andy Pettitte, Al Leiter, AJ Burnett, and just for kicks, Sterling Hitchcock again, they are again better than us...

How about we beat the Twinkies first before anyone here starts getting in a pissing contest with the Yankees...
like they did this year???

but i agree with the latter part of your post.