PDA

View Full Version : A rant about the "other sox"

NardiWasHere
12-14-2004, 03:04 PM
Is it just me, or are the Red Sox getting irratating. They have always been one of the teams that i've liked in the AL other than the ChiSox, but now that they've won the WS, I feel like they are just Yankees II. They missed out on Pavano, didnt sign Pedro, so I am worried about our chances of landing Honest Abe. Seriously, I was watching Sportscenter and they spend so much time speculating about what Pedro's Mets physical will include... then they spend a combined 40 seconds talking about both the Sox-BrewCrew deal and the Matheny signing. East coast bias is sooo irratating in the media... I'm begining to despise a team i've liked for a long time.

Its ironic, the team that i looked at as sort of an 'Anti-Yankees' are now taking on the characteristics that make me hate the yanks.... oh well...

wdelaney72
12-14-2004, 03:24 PM
Welcome to my world of hating everything associated to the east coast.

pudge
12-14-2004, 05:02 PM
They've been the Yankees II for quite a while, my friend. You've just been blinded by the media.

Palehose Pete
12-14-2004, 10:52 PM
I turned on HBO and saw their new Red Sox WS special, "Reverse the Curse of the Bambino."

Ugh.
I feel like canceling my HBO subscription. :cuss:

Of course, now that Pedro is gone and Schilling might not pitch for the Red Sox until June, the Red Sox fans are going to start whining about their "curse" all over again.

Bisco Stu
12-15-2004, 12:27 AM
They are the Yank-Me's II, that's why I only refer to them as the Red Sawx.

The only Sox in MLB are White.

Fenway
12-15-2004, 07:30 PM
The Red Sox have no choice but to spend. They are in the same division as the Yankees.

Oh and the fans pay and pay

Ask yourself..........would YOU White Sox fans be willing to pay this much if the team had a chance to win?????

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/bos/ballpark/seating.jsp

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/bos/images/tickets/im_seating_400x322d.gif

2005 TICKET PRICES
Green Monster
(274 seats)2005
Standing Room, Blue Games $25
Standing Room, Red Games $30
Front Row, Blue Games $100
Front Row, Red Games $120
2nd & 3rd Rows, Blue Games $80
2nd & 3rd Rows, Red Games $100

Right Field Roof Tables Area
(192 seats)2005
Standing Room, Blue Games $25
Standing Room, Red Games $30
Blue Games $60*
Red Games $85**
There will be a $25 fee to pre-purchase food and beverage for Red and Blue games.http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/images/trans.gif **http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/images/trans.gif
Field Box $85
Roof Box $80
Loge Box $80
Right Field Box $45$
Right Field Roof $45
Infield Grandstand $45
Outfield Grandstand $27
Bleachers $ 23
Upper Bleachers $ 12
Standing Room $20

The Red Sox introduced Red and Blue Games (distinguished by anticipated demand) in 2004, and will designate those games for 2005 in the future.

SoxFan78
12-16-2004, 10:21 AM
I turned on HBO and saw their new Red Sox WS special, "Reverse the Curse of the Bambino."

Ugh.
I feel like canceling my HBO subscription. :cuss:

Of course, now that Pedro is gone and Schilling might not pitch for the Red Sox until June, the Red Sox fans are going to start whining about their "curse" all over again.
I saw this cause I was intrested in the whole Boston Red Sox story this season, but the first couple of minutes made me sick. Come on, Red Sox fans have been suffering I'll admit that, but the way the special was going it made it seem that they have NEVER won a world series and were the poor luck team of the Majors.

1918, 1918, blah blah blah. At least they got to world series'. THE WHITE SOX HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR LONGER. Made me sick.

TheBull19
12-16-2004, 12:18 PM
I've always disliked the Red Sox almost as much as the yankmees - the team didn't integrate until what, 1960? That tells me all I need to know about Boston.

NonetheLoaiza
12-16-2004, 12:33 PM
I can't stand the East Coast bias. If the White Sox won the World Series next year, I will bet you that more time would be spent on why the Red Sox didn't repeat, or what the Yankees will do in the offseason.

I really didn't want the Red Sox to win the WS because I knew I would have to hear about it until next season.

Mohoney
12-16-2004, 06:43 PM
If the White Sox won the World Series next year, I will bet you that more time would be spent on why the Red Sox didn't repeat, or what the Yankees will do in the offseason.
If the White Sox ever win a World Series, I'm certain that another story involving the Red Cubs, UConn basketball, or the Patriots would happen on the same day and take precedence at BSPN. And on ESPN Classic, they would show Game 7 of the 2004 ALCS and the 1993 BC-ND game back-to-back.