PDA

View Full Version : Post Your Rumor, your Idea, or Just completly made up BS here!

Tekijawa
12-14-2004, 02:40 PM
I'm sick of looking through all of these threads to try and find any legit story to them. SO if you would like to propose a trade that Kenny should make. PUT IT HERE... If your Friend from Hobart Indiana heard from his roomate that some combination of players will eventually lead to the sox acquiring Javy Vasquez and the Yanks Getting Johnson. PUT IT HERE... If you think that the Sox should spend the money on Clement, Lowe, Scott Ruffcorn, Billy Koch or Tim Hudson... PUT IT HERE... but if it's really news than post it in its own thread!!!

Baby Fisk
12-14-2004, 02:44 PM
There's a creepy old man who lives next door to me. I hear lots of screaming and chanting coming from his place late at night, and suspect he is some kind of NECROMANCER. I propose that Kenny acquire him to raise NELSON FOX from the dead.

Or sign MATT CLEMENT.

mjharrison72
12-14-2004, 02:46 PM
So this is the place to report the Sox are going to pick up Randy Johnson and spend another several million to put him in a time warp back 10 years?

NonetheLoaiza
12-14-2004, 02:46 PM
Reinsdorf to the Mets for Piazza, Matsui, and Mookie

i guess theres no need for teal?

Sad
12-14-2004, 02:47 PM
I'm hearing thru my sources the UD gets a steak pita stand in 2005 :D:

WhiteSoxFan84
12-14-2004, 02:48 PM
THIS JUST IN

Jack Hogan from Purdue University is reporting that the White Sox are going to talk to the Diamondbacks about possibly acquiring Curt Schilling. KW hopes Arizona would be willing to move Schilling since they already have Randy Johnson, Russ Ortiz, Brandon Webb, and Miguel Batista.

Hogan is also reporting that the Astros may pull off a 3-way deal in which they acquire Beltran from the Royals. In an attempt to stop this from happening, the Cubs are willing to give up Carlos Zambrano, who would go to KC, Beltran to Oakland, and Octavio Dotel to the Cubs.

Hogan's biggest rumor is that Magglio Ordonez will decline a 4 year deal that pays him $14 mill per, and just might not come back to the White Sox at all. I don't see how this one can happen. The other two might.

tadscout
12-14-2004, 02:50 PM
There's a creepy old man who lives next door to me. I hear lots of screaming and chanting coming from his place late at night, and suspect he is some kind of NECROMANCER. I propose that Kenny acquire him to raise NELSON FOX from the dead.

Or sign MATT CLEMENT.
:rolling: :worship: :worship: :worship:

WhiteSoxFan84
12-14-2004, 02:51 PM
Hogan is also reporting that the Astros may pull off a 3-way deal in which they acquire Beltran from the Royals. In an attempt to stop this from happening, the Cubs are willing to give up Carlos Zambrano, who would go to KC, Beltran to Oakland, and Octavio Dotel to the Cubs.
Apparently the Cubs would also get Eric Brynes to replace Andre Dawson.

Tekijawa
12-14-2004, 02:52 PM
My mom told me that Koneko has been working with his highschool coach on a possible return to the position he first loved, CATCHER! He is also workin in Mexico on batting left handed and herm schneider has developed a routine that has given him 3.92 in the 40 speed...

kittle42
12-14-2004, 02:56 PM
My mom told me that Koneko has been working with his highschool coach on a possible return to the position he first loved, CATCHER! He is also workin in Mexico on batting left handed and herm schneider has developed a routine that has given him 3.92 in the 40 speed...
Source, please...

mocca1
12-14-2004, 02:57 PM
KW spotted at White Castle downing sliders with Steve Balboni.

Konerko might be next to go!

Dolanski
12-14-2004, 02:58 PM
How about Darren Jackson and a bag of old baseballs for Chip Carey...

on second thought, the Braves can keep Carey. We'll just give you DJ.

kittle42
12-14-2004, 03:03 PM
I hear that the Indians, Tigers, Royals, Twins, Yankees, Red Sox, Blue Jays, Orioles, Devil Rays, Rangers, Angels, A's, Mariners, Padres, Giants, Dodgers, Diamondbacks, Rockies, Cubs, Cardinals, Reds, Pirates, Astros, Brewers, Mets, Braves, Nationals, Marlins and Phillies are potential trade partners.

Baby Fisk
12-14-2004, 03:04 PM
A guy at the urinal next to mine murmured something about CHARLIE HOUGH spending the off season working with STEVE STONE. Stone has reportedly developed an incredibly effective, low-stress knuckleball and is willing to talk to KW. :bandance:

Garcia
Buehrle
Contreras
Garland
Stone

Hangar18
12-14-2004, 03:09 PM
Jerry Reinsdorf is Raising the Payroll to 90 Million !

Ol' No. 2
12-14-2004, 03:11 PM
How is this thread different from all the others?:tongue:

WhiteSoxFan84
12-14-2004, 03:16 PM
I hear that the Indians, Tigers, Royals, Twins, Yankees, Red Sox, Blue Jays, Orioles, Devil Rays, Rangers, Angels, A's, Mariners, Padres, Giants, Dodgers, Diamondbacks, Rockies, Cubs, Cardinals, Reds, Pirates, Astros, Brewers, Mets, Braves, Nationals, Marlins and Phillies are potential trade partners.
Word around the water cooler is that one of these teams (along with the WHite Sox) will win the World Series in 2005. If this is true, I'm calling Vegas right away!

Kogs35
12-14-2004, 03:23 PM
word around the street is the sox will aquire pete the beer vendor and cash from the brewers in exchange for rodney the penut guy, a diet pepsi, and a intern to be named later:bandance:

Rocky Soprano
12-14-2004, 03:24 PM
A girl I know, who is friends with the cousin, of another girl, who's aunt, is the sister of this guy who knows another guy, who is the beer vendor that yells: MILLLLLEERRRRRRRR LIIIIIIGGGGGHHHHTTT.

Well he said that the Sox are going to sign Beltran to a 10yr 200 Million contract. Then they are going to trade Rowand & Garland & Crede for Josh Beckett & Miguel Cabrera.

Just dont tell anyone cause MILLLLLERRRRRRRR LLIIIIIIGGGGHHHHHTTT doesnt want to get fired!!!

SOXSINCE'70
12-14-2004, 03:26 PM
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
RANDY JOHNSON'S COMING!!!!!HE'LL BE HERE SOON!!!!!! :D: :D: :D:

SOXSINCE'70
12-14-2004, 03:31 PM
Jerry Reinsdorf is Raising the Payroll to 90 Million !

:reinsy

"Now I know you're dreamin'!!":D: :D: :D:

HebrewHammer
12-14-2004, 03:32 PM
I've heard unconfirmed reports of KW traveling to the middle east with a professor of archaelogy from University of Chicago, they're apparently searching for a "grail" of some sort. An artifact, that in the hands of the White Sox, could shift the balance of the American League for centuries or maybe KW could trade it for some "magic" beans.

:KW
"No ticket."

soxnut
12-14-2004, 03:34 PM
I'm hearing thru my sources the UD gets a steak pita stand in 2005 :D:

Actually I rumor I heard about the UD is that the first 5 or so rows may get club level type service either in '05 or '06. And, there will be an upper level in rf over the concourse and over the last few rows. There may be club-level type service there as well. The out-of-town scoreboards will be taken down and a new type of up-to-the-minute scoreboard will take it place right behind this new rf ud section.:smile:

munchman33
12-14-2004, 03:34 PM
or maybe KW could trade it for some "magic" beans.

"Or Robbie Alomar"

Sad
12-14-2004, 03:38 PM
that Miller Light dude's a hoot!

I did an imitation of him once and another beer vendor heard me & yelled over to him & told him I did a better him than him... errr... something like that :redneck

I thought his name was Rodney?
anyways
it's not the same when they've got him toting around a hot dog bin on Dollar Dog days...

AOEllis
12-14-2004, 03:38 PM
Ho Pun, the elderly, female Asian hot dog vendor at the cell whose voice does not carry at all, has had a meeting with several high ranking sources to confirm that that the White Sox will acquire a player in the next few years. No word on who this player might be or when the transaction may occur, or if it will be via trade or free agent signing, but according to Ho Pun, it is in the works.

mikef1331
12-14-2004, 04:38 PM
My sources tell me that the Sox are working on a deal that will send Roger Bossert and the entire Grounds Crew to the Diamondbacks for the Big Unit.

I think it's a bad move.

Kogs35
12-14-2004, 04:40 PM
acording to jeff probest the whitesox have aquired boston rob for adrew savage and a survivor to be named later:D:

jordan23ventura
12-14-2004, 05:22 PM
Where's the 'this thread sucks' tag?

voodoochile
12-14-2004, 05:34 PM
Where's the 'this thread sucks' tag?
I've heard a rumor that this is it...

:threadrules:

TimoPerez
12-14-2004, 05:35 PM
This is what I have been hearing...

http://lp.imageg.net/prod?set=key[name],value[REINSDORF]&set=key[number],value[00]&set=key[displaysize],value[220]&load=url[http://chains.imageg.net/graphics/dynamic/chains/p965938_customback.chain]

Ol' No. 2
12-14-2004, 05:36 PM
:moron:boston Everyone kept complaining about Hawk and DJ, so we're replacing them in the booth starting next year.

Rocky Soprano
12-14-2004, 05:36 PM
:moron:boston Everyone kept complaining about Hawk and DJ, so we're replacing them in the booth starting next year.
Awesome! My dream has come true

MRKARNO
12-14-2004, 05:37 PM
Peter Gammons is reporting that the White Sox are on the verge of trading Magglio Ordonez to the Red Sox for Nomar Garciaparra

MushMouth
12-14-2004, 05:41 PM
Peter Gammons is reporting that the White Sox are on the verge of trading Magglio Ordonez to the Red Sox for Nomar Garciaparra

In one of the funniest moments of last year, a friend of mine (cub fan) was ecstatic the day they traded for Nomar. As soon as another friend came in (another cub fan) he told him the news, to which cub fan #2 said, "Who is Nomar?"

ahhahahaha

Stupid cub fans

Kogs35
12-14-2004, 05:54 PM

"we are pleased to annouce our new radio broadcasters
http://re2.mm-a.yimg.com/image/299378599 (http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062857/K=nelson+from+the+simpsons/v=2/SID=e/l=II/R=8/SS=i/OID=24d2bc0fbdd4fa5a/SIG=1hd30fp7d/*-http%3A//images.search.yahoo.com/search/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.search.yahoo.com%2Fsear ch%2Fimages%3Ffr%3Dslv1-fp%26p%3Dnelson%2Bfrom%2Bthe%2Bsimpsons&h=768&w=1024&imgcurl=assoc.wanadoo.fr%2Fkwik-e-simpsons%2Fwallpapers%2Fnelson-1024x768.gif&imgurl=assoc.wanadoo.fr%2Fkwik-e-simpsons%2Fwallpapers%2Fnelson-1024x768.gif&size=28.2kB&name=nelson-1024x768.gif&rcurl=http%3A%2F%2Fassoc.wanadoo.fr%2Fkwik-e-simpsons%2Fwallpapers.htm&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fassoc.wanadoo.fr%2Fkwik-e-simpsons%2Fwallpapers.htm&p=nelson+from+the+simpsons&type=gif&no=8&tt=116) and http://www.annabenson.net/thum4.jpg (http://www.annabenson.net/photo1.htm)
"we are pleased to bring in nelson for pbp and expert analyst anna benson." "and if the sox loose a game she will sleep with the whole team"

Foulke29
12-14-2004, 06:03 PM
I heard from your mom - that Eddie Cicotte is on the blocks for a pack of Lucky's and $22 in quarters - to a new upcoming team - the New York Yankees!

hellenicsoxfan
12-14-2004, 07:18 PM
I heard from a friend of a friend of a friend that Donald Trump is buying the White Sox. The Apprentice 3 will then be Trump making JR, KW and the rest of the board of directors go out on Michigan Ave and perform demeaning acts. He will fire one a week. The winner will be hired to wash the windows on Nancy Faust's booth.

soxwon
12-14-2004, 08:12 PM
now i can admit this!

a month ago i had a dream we would get podesnik, jermaine dye, and dustin hermanson , or was it Hoyt Wilhelm!!

we would deal carlos lee.
i woke up sweating atleast it was ONLY a dream!!!

akingamongstmen
12-14-2004, 08:22 PM
In a cost-cutting move, Reinsdorf has hired Charlie Hough to teach Jon Adkins to throw knuckleballs. "That way," Reinsdorf said, "he can throw every inning of every game."

In related news, every remaining pitcher on the White Sox staff has been put up for auction on eBay.

Jurr
12-14-2004, 08:25 PM
Sources in the organization are reporting that the Sox have signed Cecil Fielder's grandmother, Velma Fielder, to possibly play second base. This is all depending on a physical and prostate massage to verify a successful sex change. Velma (no new name yet) is said to be correcting her swing flaw, trying to eliminate the uppercut swing. She's said to be coming along nicely, with great hand speed through the zone. I'll keep you updated.

Banix12
12-14-2004, 11:27 PM
Cliff Politte to Cincinatti for a player to be named later, fans will be allowed to name the player as part of a June 5th promotion. Fans still confused on whether they get to pick the player or actually legally rename him.

The stadium club chef will trade prime rib for hamburger in a cost cutting move.

Jay Mariotti getting traded for Peter Gammons, though Gammons is demanding he be able to play guitar between innings and still cover boston from Chicago. Mariotti demands Boston hire Hawk so he can continue writing about the only thing he likes to write about.

Jerry Reinsdorf to... five stores to see who has the cheapest price on milk.

hellenicsoxfan
12-15-2004, 12:25 AM
The White Sox traded Paul Konerko and John Garland for the rights to former pitcher Bart Johnson. Having confused his Johnsons, Kenny Williams signed Bart to a 2 year $35 million contract. When told of the mistake, Williams responded "Bart is the Johnson we targeted all along." When told of the mistake, Reinsdorf shot Williams.

T-Bag
12-15-2004, 08:43 AM
Derek Lowe. He has been flying under the radar it seems and those are the kind of guys KW snatches up. It sounds like there is not a huge market for him. There is always room for a guy at #3 who just won the clinching games of the ALDS, ALCS and the World Series. Not to mention he is a ground ball pitcher in a hitters park.

I say go get this guy KW of course at the right price.

Baby Fisk
12-15-2004, 01:22 PM
I heard from a friend of a friend of a friend that Donald Trump is buying the White Sox. The Apprentice 3 will then be Trump making JR, KW and the rest of the board of directors go out on Michigan Ave and perform demeaning acts. He will fire one a week. The winner will be hired to wash the windows on Nancy Faust's booth.:reinsy
"Whew! All done Nancy. I'm heading back to the estate now."

:nancy
"Ahem. You will address me as Ms. Faust, slave. Now use this Q-Tip to scrub the entire floor until it gleams."

:reinsy
"Dammit!"

The Big Squirt
12-15-2004, 03:19 PM
I heard that JR is bring Jerry Krause in as the head of minor league scouting. His first idea is to sign the "Foam finger guy" because he has huge hands

bc2k
12-15-2004, 03:29 PM
How about Crede show a little respect for us fans by playing winter ball to at least give the appearance that he wants to improve his hitting. Lazy ****

TommyJohn
12-15-2004, 03:48 PM
I tried out with the White Sox last year. I threw a fastball 20 mph. The Sox
immediately offered me a chance to be their fifth starter. I politely turned
them down, as I had already been offered a job walking barefoot across hot
coals.

Jurr
12-16-2004, 11:20 AM
Reports out of New York say that the Yankees, since the RJ deal is pretty much dead, are looking at getting Hudson. They're still dangling Vazquez, but the problem is that Billy Bene is looking to get a lower payroll, and Vazquez doesn't make much sense to him for that reason. This is leading everyone to believe that the Yanks will once again team up with their buddies, the White Sox, in a deal involving Jon Garland and probably a prospect of some sort. Nothing's being said about the Yankees taking a piece of Javier's contract, but I guess the Yanks would get their guy, the Sox get theirs, and Billy Beane get Jon Garland and some prospects from the Yankees and Sox.

KW has tunnel vision for Vazquez, and I guess that isn't the worst guy to have tunnel vision for. I think he'd pitch much better in Chicago, out of the pressure cooker that is Yankees baseball.

Palehose13
12-16-2004, 11:27 AM
I hope not. I don't want KW to trade and then create/not address an existing hole. I am hoping for Clement/Perez or someone else that would push Garland to the 5-hole.

CubKilla
12-16-2004, 11:29 AM
I still fail to grasp the sense of dealing Garland for Vazquez. The Sox need Garland in the 5th spot and, if KW deals him for Vazquez, that still doesn't solve the 5th starter issue.

I wouldn't be against dealing Garland for Vazquez THEN signing Clement though.

Win1ForMe
12-16-2004, 11:33 AM
KW has tunnel vision for Vazquez, and I guess that isn't the worst guy to have tunnel vision for. I think he'd pitch much better in Chicago, out of the pressure cooker that is Yankees baseball.So if Garland is the main part of the deal from the A's perspective, why wouldn't we just couple him with a few of our own prospects and send him to Oakland? As far as Vazquez, just stay away. "Intense media pressure" does not cause one to lose 7 mph off their fastball. There's more to it than that.

Jurr
12-16-2004, 11:33 AM
I still fail to grasp the sense of dealing Garland for Vazquez. The Sox need Garland in the 5th spot and, if KW deals him for Vazquez, that still doesn't solve the 5th starter issue.

I wouldn't be against dealing Garland for Vazquez THEN signing Clement though.Yeah, that would be very good, but as we all know, we po', and unca jerry just ain't gonna spend no money like that. :redneck

BRDSR
12-16-2004, 11:35 AM
KW has tunnel vision for Vazquez, and I guess that isn't the worst guy to have tunnel vision for. I think he'd pitch much better in Chicago, out of the pressure cooker that is Yankees baseball.
I get the feeling that this board has tunnel vision for Vazquez, but I don't know about KW. I don't want to see him here if it only means an expensive upgrade without filling the 5 spot hole.

Jurr
12-16-2004, 11:41 AM
I get the feeling that this board has tunnel vision for Vazquez, but I don't know about KW. I don't want to see him here if it only means an expensive upgrade without filling the 5 spot hole.I'm right there with you...I think the Sox should spend the remaining money on a pitcher, keep Garland as a 5, and tell King George and his boy Cashman to enjoy Javy for another year. Vazquez would be a good pitcher here, but not at the cost of crippling the back end of the rotation.

Over By There
12-16-2004, 11:53 AM
I think it's okay as long as we sign the other FA SP like Clement or Perez, so we're still filling the hole in our rotation. As long as the rest of the rotation is set, I would definitely trade Garland + prospect for Vasquez.

Trouble is, I don't think the $$ would work out - Vasquez would probably take up the money we're assuming is currently earmarked for Clement/Perez/SP.

Buehrle-Garcia-Vasquez-Clement/Perez-Contreras would be a formidable rotation to say the least, but again I don't see how the $$ works out.

Ol' No. 2
12-16-2004, 11:54 AM
So if Garland is the main part of the deal from the A's perspective, why wouldn't we just couple him with a few of our own prospects and send him to Oakland? As far as Vazquez, just stay away. "Intense media pressure" does not cause one to lose 7 mph off their fastball. There's more to it than that.I was thinking the same thing. I'd rather have Hudson than Vazquez. But maybe the Yanks are offering more, and they'd send cash, too. They could afford to offer more because they'd have the money to re-sign him. I'm not so sure the Sox could keep him after 2005.

34 Inch Stick
12-16-2004, 03:43 PM
RJ to the Yankees, Konerko and Garland and some Yankee throw in to the D-backs, Vazquez to the Sox with the Yanks eating all but 3.25 mill of his salary (Garland's spot). Then the Sox sign Clement and Delgado.

tstrike2000
12-16-2004, 03:45 PM
We get Beltran, Clement, and Cairo for 2 million a piece and Vazquez for Garland, Harris and draft picks for the next 5 years.

soxfan43
12-16-2004, 03:55 PM
forget about vazquez. foxsports is saying that hes going to LA, shawn green to Arizona and the unit to the yanks. and since beltre is most likley signing with seattle, maybe LA will sign Maggs so that way hes out of our league and doesn't sign with the scrubbies.

mocca1
12-16-2004, 04:00 PM
Beltre to the Mariners........Per CBSSPORTSLINE

eastchicagosoxfan
12-16-2004, 08:26 PM
Ron Kittle was at Block Stadium the other day, and nailing the ball. The Sox are always looking for another right-handed bat.

iftypofixit
12-17-2004, 02:48 AM
ALF, yes the 80's loveable alien, told me that the White Sox will be acquiring Sammy Sosa, for Buehrle. I am actually very excited for this new acquisition, which fills the void left by Maggs.

http://home.hesbynett.no/ivar/alfthumbsup.jpg

iftypofixit
12-17-2004, 02:48 AM
This is still the thread for Just completly made up BS here!

Correct?

mikef1331
12-17-2004, 03:32 AM
White Sox Press Release: The White Sox have traded Joe Borchard to the Brookfield Zoo for LHP Chimpanzee Mr. Squeeks and a concession stand vendor TBNL. Mr. Squeeks is expected to become the Sox #5 SP. He features a mean fastball, a decent slider but can become physically wild at times.

The Brookfield Zoo is excited about recieving Borchard. They plan on putting him in their new exibit in the Primate House entitled "Homosapiens Who Don't Live Up to Expectations". Borchard is excited about the move, "I think I can really make a difference over there. I hope I'll be able to show my true talent"

SomebodyToldMe
12-17-2004, 03:49 AM
ALF, yes the 80's loveable alien, told me that the White Sox will be acquiring Sammy Sosa, for Buehrle. I am actually very excited for this new acquisition, which fills the void left by Maggs.

http://home.hesbynett.no/ivar/alfthumbsup.jpg
Wow. I heard that Alf was back only in pog form!

iftypofixit
12-17-2004, 03:53 AM
Wrong, wrong, wrong....

http://www.tvland.com/originals/alf/

SomebodyToldMe
12-17-2004, 04:33 AM
Oh that Alf...

Anyway, I heard through the grapevine that Kenny Williams used to be a Superstar!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/dasanixcore/IM000412.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/dasanixcore/IM000414.jpg