PDA

View Full Version : 70 steals

oldcomiskey
12-14-2004, 07:28 AM
correct me if Im wrong here but the last time the Sox had a player steal 70 bases was in 83--Rudy Law--and the last time the sox had someone steal 50 was Lance Johnson.. I hated this deal when they first announced it but it was more of an allegiance to C Lee than anything----I hated to see him go, but also hated to see Maggs go as well---and I dont care if they get rid of the players and bring new ones in as long as we win---this was a step in the direction that ozzie wants to lead the team---speed.. I like it better now

DaleJRFan
12-14-2004, 07:48 AM
I agree. Good trade, so long as KW uses the 7mil to sign Clement (pleeeeeazzz!). KW talked about breaking up the team after last year and it appears he is doing just that. Sox have proven they cannot win with slowness and homeruns. Speed, defense = Ozzieball. I just hope it works. I am tired of losing.

Nick@Nite
12-14-2004, 08:38 AM
When I heard of the deal, Julio Cruz came to mind. I know SP is an OF'er while Cruz played second, but I couldn't help but think if SP doesn't stay consistent with his style of play, he's Julio Cruz in disguise.

If SP falls off the face of the baseball earth the way JCruz did... :mad:

Jjav829
12-14-2004, 10:28 AM
I agree. Good trade, so long as KW uses the 7mil to sign Clement (pleeeeeazzz!). KW talked about breaking up the team after last year and it appears he is doing just that. Sox have proven they cannot win with slowness and homeruns. Speed, defense = Ozzieball. I just hope it works. I am tired of losing.Come on, what are you trying to Jabroni us? Not one player who has ever has a White Sox cap photoshopped onto their picture has ever made their way to the Sox. Lose the Clement as Polanco photos for the sake of Sox fans everywhere....:cool:

DaleJRFan
12-14-2004, 11:40 AM
Come on, what are you trying to Jabroni us? Not one player who has ever has a White Sox cap photoshopped onto their picture has ever made their way to the Sox. Lose the Clement as Polanco photos for the sake of Sox fans everywhere....:cool:Clement was easier to PhotoChop than Odalis Perez... too much Dodger blue to change to Sox black... I was going to photochop Clement's beard... but I was too lazy.

:redneck

munchman33
12-14-2004, 12:37 PM
Come on, what are you trying to Jabroni us? Not one player who has ever has a White Sox cap photoshopped onto their picture has ever made their way to the Sox. Lose the Clement as Polanco photos for the sake of Sox fans everywhere....:cool:
He's just showcasing his interest in player X....