PDA

View Full Version : getting even with the giants

14konerko
12-14-2004, 02:16 AM
I had heard the Giants were interested in Podsednik. You don't think Kenny would make this deal to get back at San Fran for the Omar Vizquel thing do you? For what its worth, I like the deal if it gets us another starter. Clement is going to be too much, I think Kenny is going after Lowe.

pearso66
12-14-2004, 02:19 AM
I had heard the Giants were interested in Podsednik. You don't think Kenny would make this deal to get back at San Fran for the Omar Vizquel thing do you? For what its worth, I like the deal if it gets us another starter. Clement is going to be too much, I think Kenny is going after Lowe.
Lowe might get as much as Clement if not more. I've heard rumors of the Tigers offering 9-10 mil a year. I wouldnt want Lowe for 3 mil a year. I'd go after Perez if I was the GM

MUsoxfan
12-14-2004, 02:21 AM
As much as I question some of KW's moves, I don't think he does anything purely out of spite. This was the best move for the White Sox, and next year will prove that.

likeawarlord
12-14-2004, 02:23 AM
yes. also, i dont think theres any chance kw would make a major impact trade purely to spite brian sabean. despite what some people think, no major league sports franchise is incompetant and careless enough to operate on grudges and emotion instead of business.

Jjav829
12-14-2004, 02:31 AM
Heh, I actually thought about this today. KW's a professional, though. He's not going to make a stupid trade out of spite.

Dick Allen
12-14-2004, 09:45 AM
Yeah, he gave up Carlos Lee. He really showed them, didn't he?

DaleJRFan
12-14-2004, 09:51 AM
Had he really wanted to spite the Giants, he would have traded Freddy Garcia, Ross Gload and Juan Uribe to the Dodgers for Alex Cora and cash considerations.

It is ridiculous to think any MLB GM would make a trade simply to spite another GM, especially considering it was Omar Visquel.