PDA

View Full Version : Matt Clement....

ukigdog
12-14-2004, 12:59 AM
I found out today that Matt Clement is represented by Barry Axelrod. I am going to school currently to be a sports agent, and i find it very ironic that my mentor is good friends with Barry Axelrod. Being a die-hard Sox fan I emailed him to see if I can get any info regarding the Sox and Matt Clement talks from Barry.

If i hear anything ill let you know what i can.

Go SOX!!

cbrownson13
12-14-2004, 01:41 AM
Just out of curiosity, what degree do you need to become a sports agent? Is it a law degree, business degree?

ilsox7
12-14-2004, 01:43 AM
Just out of curiosity, what degree do you need to become a sports agent? Is it a law degree, business degree?
Law degree helps. Some schools have sports management degrees. I think, by far, the biggest requirement is a connection in the industry. Whether it's a family connection or something you make happen for yourself. That's my limited knowledge of the industry...

batmanZoSo
12-14-2004, 01:43 AM
Listen...kid...ya don't go to school to be an agent. You wanna make in dis business ya gotta be born with it. :cool:

ukigdog
12-14-2004, 02:06 AM
For your information, i am going to law school to get the contractual part of law down, and if you didnt my original post, i know many in the business including Axelrod, Tyler Pope, Boras, etc.

Although i now realize i shouldnt have to explain myself to you.

ilsox7
12-14-2004, 02:08 AM
For your information, i am going to law school to get the contractual part of law down, and if you didnt my original post, i know many in the business including Axelrod, Tyler Pope, Boras, etc.

Although i now realize i shouldnt have to explain myself to you.
Dude, who were you responding to? If it was batman, I think he was joking around with the whole "Italian" thing. If it was me, what'd I say?

ukigdog
12-14-2004, 02:11 AM
Oh, its 2 AM, i took offense to it but now i get it. Im just saying that ill report if i hear anything from Barry Axelrod or my other guy about Clement tomm.

ilsox7
12-14-2004, 02:23 AM
Oh, its 2 AM, i took offense to it but now i get it. Im just saying that ill report if i hear anything from Barry Axelrod or my other guy about Clement tomm.
Very cool! Wouldn't mind hearing about your track to being a sports agent and going to law school. (Probably more of a Parking Lot conversation though)

Palehose13
12-14-2004, 10:52 AM
Daily Southtown has article about trade and quotes KW about Clement:

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/141sd1.htm

Sox general manager Kenny Williams is usually reluctant to talk about which players are on his radar screen. When he was asked after Monday's trade with the Brewers if he was interested in Clement, Williams at first was coy.

"We've heard of him," he deadpanned. "And we've seen him a little bit."

Then Williams came clean. "Aw (heck), I can't deny it," he said. "You've seen me in the lobby (of the Anaheim Marriott during the final morning of the winter meetings on Monday) talking to his agent (Barry Axelrod). That would be a yes.''

Hmmmmmm....

Tekijawa
12-14-2004, 10:56 AM
Can you do me a favor and Jack Boras in the Junk next time you see him?

DaveIsHere
12-14-2004, 10:56 AM
I really hopes this comes through, it may end up being a long winter waiting for Spring Training:D:

DumpJerry
12-14-2004, 10:58 AM
Just out of curiosity, what degree do you need to become a sports agent? Is it a law degree, business degree?Ukigdog, you seem like a nice guy (after all, you're a Sox fan), but I would suspect having a serious personality disorder is a top requirement to be an agent. After all, look at Borassss, he's a pathological liar..........

Study hard in your contracts class, take Negotiations and Estate Planning (i.e. Gifts and Stiffs). Sports agents are financial planners more than anything else for their clients.

DaleJRFan
12-14-2004, 10:59 AM
I really hopes this comes through, it may end up being a long winter waiting for Spring Training:D:
I agree. It is getting exciting. Sox will FINALLY play my favorite kind of baseball.

With the trades, signings, etc... I already set my roster in MVP04 for PS2!!! At the All-Star break, Sox were 20 games over 500. Contreras stunk it up though...

:redneck

Cellview22
12-14-2004, 11:27 AM
Yeah, it's getting exciting! I'll be even more excited if we get Clement.

Do you think Sox fans will start wearing those goofy goatees? I freakin hope not. Cubs fans will inevitably show up at our park when he pitches wearing those goofy things. :rolleyes:

Kogs35
12-14-2004, 11:35 AM
Yeah, it's getting exciting! I'll be even more excited if we get Clement.

Do you think Sox fans will start wearing those goofy goatees? I freakin hope not. Cubs fans will inevitably show up at our park when he pitches wearing those goofy things. :rolleyes:
sorry to burst ur bubble but he shaved it off

Palehose13
12-14-2004, 11:39 AM
sorry to burst ur bubble but he shaved it off
Sweet. He's not much of a looker to begin with and that hair patch didn't help. :wink:

MeanFish
12-14-2004, 11:45 AM
He didn't look half as goofy before he played for the Cubs. With the Marlins and Padres, he looked like much more of a gamer without his crazy hair.