PDA

View Full Version : KW conference call w/ press... 15 min long... everyone should listen to it...

tadscout
12-14-2004, 01:56 AM
White Sox conference call (javascript:void(playMedia2({w_id:'362831',w:'2004/open/teams04/cha/audio/121304_williams_cc.wma',pid: 'gen_audio',cid: 'mlb',fid: 'gen_audio12',v:'2'})))http://mlb.mlb.com/images/icons/audio.gif
(if that link doesn't work go to- http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20041213&content_id=922102&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp
and clink on same link...)

I think this is something everybody should listen too... it's a 15 min conference call with KW and the press... it answers a ton of people's questions, and I hope will stop some people's complaining...

ilsox7
12-14-2004, 02:03 AM
and I hope will stop some people's complaining...
:rolling::rolling::rolling:

It'd take a Sox World Series win and world peace to achieve that goal!

tadscout
12-14-2004, 02:09 AM

It'd take a Sox World Series win and world peace to achieve that goal!A guy could dream can't he?

wdelaney72
12-14-2004, 12:00 PM
Listening to this made me feel much better about the trade. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

Clement would be a great pitcher to fill the opening in our rotation. If he's able to sign Clement, I would say Kenny has clearly improved this team from top to bottom.

Go Kenny, get it done!

DumpJerry
12-14-2004, 12:02 PM

It'd take a Sox World Series win and world peace to achieve that goal!Isn't that asking too much? A World Series win??????????? Come on now, let's keep the list within the possible.

OG4LIFE
12-14-2004, 12:08 PM
KW says the worst case scenario is to go into the season with jason grilli in the number 5 spot, with money to spend.

to me this implies we will get another starting pitcher!!! in this case, i really like the trade.

Tekijawa
12-14-2004, 12:17 PM
KW says the worst case scenario is to go into the season with jason grilli in the number 5 spot, with money to spend.

to me this implies we will get another starting pitcher!!! in this case, i really like the trade.
He said last year that if the fans came out and if the Sox were in it they would make some moves to get them over the hump in June and July... My guess is that this worst case scenariois the won we chould plan for... when's the last time the sox completed plan "A"?

Tragg
12-14-2004, 12:23 PM
I listened to it and I don't feel any better: this is clearly not part of a larger planned move, he has no set plans to pull in a player with the money, as part of the deal - he was perfectly willing and happy to accept inferior talent in a swap because he wanted to improve his pen and his speed.

It was the first time I've ever heard him speak - nice to know what he sounds like, though.

fquaye149
12-14-2004, 12:26 PM
He said last year that if the fans came out and if the Sox were in it they would make some moves to get them over the hump in June and July... My guess is that this worst case scenariois the won we chould plan for... when's the last time the sox completed plan "A"?
well if your belief was that we will never get anything we want to do done, even with 6 million extra to work with (which is a reasonable belief)...why would you be so opposed to this move?

Worst case: we finish 3rd instead of 2nd

Unless we get that mid rotation starter we have no chance to win the central much less win in the playoffs.

This deal gives us a fighting chance to do it...and I really don't think losing Carlos will be a season breaker assuming we get Clement or Perez....

I don't know...maybe I'll turn out to be wrong and Frank won't come back and Paulie will revert to 2003 form and Dye and Everett will both languish on and off the DL and Rowand won't keep it up and Uribe will show that the first and last months of the season were way above his head and Willie and Crede will be Willie and Crede and Burke and Davis will prove to be Burke and Davis and Podsednik will make the 2004 Podsednik look like Ricky Henderson...

All very distinct possibilities.... but let me ask you:

How would Carlos have saved us from this? Especially with no 5th starter?