PDA

View Full Version : KW's comment rephrased on the Official site

MRKARNO
12-13-2004, 10:54 PM
The only way this money will be spent is on a player who can significantly upgrade the White Sox, either offensively or in the rotation, according to Williams. Otherwise, he'll save the money until June or July, when the general manager hopes his team is pushing toward the postseason. http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20041213&content_id=922313&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp

In that context, the quote is a little easier to take.

SABRSox
12-13-2004, 10:58 PM
And if this team is pushing up daisies at the trading deadline, how will the money be spent then?

SoxBoy14
12-13-2004, 10:59 PM
"Otherwise we'll wait 'til July" is the key phrase. Hey you Sox fans on WSI who truly understand JR and KW, please buy your season tickets please please.... honestly we might spend the money we just put in JR's pockets. I wasn't against the trade at the outset. Now I see it for what it is ... a way to get more money into the Reinsdorf family coffers. Please prove me wrong KW. Please

Flight #24
12-13-2004, 11:15 PM
"Otherwise we'll wait 'til July" is the key phrase. Hey you Sox fans on WSI who truly understand JR and KW, please buy your season tickets please please.... honestly we might spend the money we just put in JR's pockets. I wasn't against the trade at the outset. Now I see it for what it is ... a way to get more money into the Reinsdorf family coffers. Please prove me wrong KW. Please
Honestly - I think the only way people here would be happy would be if KW said "we're now going to make a run at Pedro Martinez" or "Well, we now have $8mil that we have earmarked for Matt Clement". Or maybe "Well, I now have $6-8mil burning a hole in my pocket, so I'll find some way to spend it".

He said he was in the market for a difference maker, but that if they coulnd't get one, they'd hold onto it rather than spending it on someone who's not measurably better than who they have now. I can't believe anyone with even minimal intelligence would want him to do (or say) anything different.

fuzzy_patters
12-13-2004, 11:15 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20041213&content_id=922313&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp

In that context, the quote is a little easier to take.
Without additional spending, I do not think we will not be in the race in June and July, so they will have an excuse to pocket the money.

mike squires
12-13-2004, 11:23 PM
AH, I can hear it now! Roberto Alomar is aquired by the Chicago WhiteSox and signed an additional year for 8 mil...

CHISOXFAN13
12-14-2004, 12:07 AM
Without additional spending, I do not think we will not be in the race in June and July, so they will have an excuse to pocket the money.
Only the Tigers have done something that makes them marginally better thus far. The Twins lost half their infield and still havequestion marks at the back of their rotation, while the Indians have eyt to address their pitching holes, either.

The Sox will be in it by default at this rate.

TheBull19
12-14-2004, 12:29 AM
And if this team is pushing up daisies at the trading deadline, how will the money be spent then?"The only way this money will be spent is on a player who can significantly upgrade the White Sox, either offensively or in the rotation, according to Williams. Otherwise, he'll save the money until June or July, when the general manager hopes his team is pushing toward the postseason."

Any number of pitchers could be considered a significant upgrade of the rotation, compared to what we have now in the 5th slot.

akingamongstmen
12-14-2004, 12:30 AM
Honestly - I think the only way people here would be happy would be if KW said "we're now going to make a run at Pedro Martinez" or "Well, we now have $8mil that we have earmarked for Matt Clement". Or maybe "Well, I now have $6-8mil burning a hole in my pocket, so I'll find some way to spend it".

He said he was in the market for a difference maker, but that if they coulnd't get one, they'd hold onto it rather than spending it on someone who's not measurably better than who they have now. I can't believe anyone with even minimal intelligence would want him to do (or say) anything different.Once again, Flight #24 is a voice of reason here. :thumbsup: