PDA

View Full Version : Let's complete the 2005 Sox team

broker3d
12-13-2004, 10:36 PM
I think the Sox will jump on a top of the rotation pitcher. but let me take this a step forward. I am just going to play GM for a minute and throw this scenario out there as to how I would like to see the offseason play out. While only adding some payroll, not going crazy.

We still trade Pauly, and a modest prospect, for Vazquez as part of the RJ trade. Pauly and Garland is too much. Thus solidifing our rotation without adding much salary. KW than turns around and uses the CLee money (plus some) and gets Delgado. My final two moves would involve Pierzynski and Cora (joeys bro). We have now strengthened all of our weak positions and have not added a ton of salary. We have also added some left handed bats, something we have sorely missed.

Lineup:

Podsednik
Rowand
Thomas
Delgado
Dye
Pierzynski
Uribe
Crede
Cora

Starting Rotation:

Vazquez
Buerhle
Garcia
Contreras
Garland

Bullpen:

Takatsu
Vizcaino
Hermanson
Marte
Polite
I think i am forgetting another lefty.

our bench is strong with : Willie, Timo, Carl, Ross

I would be extremely happy with this lineup. thoughts. :supernana:

MeanFish
12-13-2004, 10:38 PM
If we're smart, we'll hold onto Paulie. Right now we've got a lineup that could potentially steal 150 bases and still hit 200 home runs. Add it up, if you don't believe me.

broker3d
12-13-2004, 10:41 PM
my proposed lineup and changes does not alter that.

CPditka
12-13-2004, 10:41 PM
How much does that add up to?

This just seems like one to many hoops for Kenny and Jerry to jump thru when then could save all the money and go smoke lots of dope instead.

broker3d
12-13-2004, 10:43 PM
I'm just running numbers through my head, that I am not really 100% sure about, but I think it increases our current situation by about 5-7 mil. but in past rumors about the sox-yanks-dbacks trade it was rumored that the Yanks would be sending $ to the sox also.

cornball
12-13-2004, 10:50 PM
I would not be against trading PK. It is just production is needed. Off the top of my head a scenerio of something like Garland to Tampa for Huff (1B) then PK to the Yanks for Vasques would work for me.

Not that it would happen, but it would still leave money for another starter.

And for god sake get a young catcher that can hit.

Sorry, I usually never talk about future trades. Speculation that is.

pinwheels3530
12-13-2004, 10:51 PM
This team is going to suck........

:reinsy
"Hey I can't afford to lose money, that's why we traded Carlos Lee to save money. Doesn't that matter to you fans that we save money! Where is the commitment, the loyalty all you fans ever talk about is winning a championship."

Ol' No. 2
12-13-2004, 10:55 PM
I think the Sox will jump on a top of the rotation pitcher. but let me take this a step forward. I am just going to play GM for a minute and throw this scenario out there as to how I would like to see the offseason play out. While only adding some payroll, not going crazy.

We still trade Pauly, and a modest prospect, for Vazquez as part of the RJ trade. Pauly and Garland is too much. Thus solidifing our rotation without adding much salary. KW than turns around and uses the CLee money (plus some) and gets Delgado. My final two moves would involve Pierzynski and Cora (joeys bro). We have now strengthened all of our weak positions and have not added a ton of salary. We have also added some left handed bats, something we have sorely missed.

Lineup:

Podsednik
Rowand
Thomas
Delgado
Dye
Pierzynski
Uribe
Crede
Cora

Starting Rotation:

Vazquez
Buerhle
Garcia
Contreras
Garland

Bullpen:

Takatsu
Vizcaino
Hermanson
Marte
Polite
I think i am forgetting another lefty.

our bench is strong with : Willie, Timo, Carl, Ross

I would be extremely happy with this lineup. thoughts. :supernana:That's a lot of moves. Sometimes it's better to just stop and take a nap. If Kenny can nail down a top-flight starter, that's just what he should do. Too much tinkering will just screw it up.

MeanFish
12-13-2004, 10:57 PM
I agree. Sign a starter and call it a day.

FightingBillini
12-13-2004, 10:57 PM
Like I said before, I would only trade Konerko if we are going to be able to sign Delgado. He would more than replace Konerko's productivity, while adding that much needed left handed power in the middle of the lineup.

chisoxmike
12-13-2004, 11:02 PM
Get a FA starter, show off the team at SoxFest, go to Spring Training, see ya April 4th.

Thats it! Nothing more. Nothing less.

Petch
12-13-2004, 11:03 PM
Listen, I would love to see those moves take place, but I am going to have to burst your bubble. First off, Degado is way out of our league. It won't happen. He just turned down a three year 30 million deal with the Mariners, so the 6 million we saved from CLee isn't bringing Delgado to the South Side anytime soon. Also, I would love to get Vazquez for just Paulie, but that isn't happening either. If that trade happens, Garland will be included which will still leave us without a 5th starter. Your lineup in 2005 will most likely be:

Posednik
Rowand
Thomas
Dye
Konerko
Uribe
Crede
Davis
Harris

Buerhle
Garcia
Contreras
Garland
Hermanson

I would love for us to use our savings and pick up a solid starter and a second baseman, but that is all I am asking for. That way, Hermanson goes back to the pen and we don't have to play Willie.

rwcescato
12-13-2004, 11:10 PM
How much does that add up to?

This just seems like one to many hoops for Kenny and Jerry to jump throw when then could save all the money and go smoke lots of dope instead.
LOL, I think they will just do that. Once again they have stooped the fan base.

Flight #24
12-13-2004, 11:14 PM
Just sign Odalis Perez for 3/$24.

Rotation: Buehrle-Garcia-Perez-Contreras-Garland
Bullpen: 6th-7th: Cotts/Politte, 8th: Marte/Vizcaino, 9th: Shingo, Long man: Hermanson

Lineup: Podsednik (LF) - Rowand (CF) - Thomas/Everett (DH) - Konerko (1B) - Dye (RF) - Uribe (SS) - Crede (3B) - Davis/Burke (C) - Harris (2B) (or Ginter if he's the PTBNL).

That's a great pitching staff and a decent lineup that'll be more consistent if not as overpowering at times.

For the record, that team can still hit 200HR, which is solid. And many more of those will be multi-run shots.

broker3d
12-13-2004, 11:23 PM
hey pinwheel, you're a pinhead.

Ol' No. 2
12-13-2004, 11:26 PM
Just sign Odalis Perez for 3/$24.

Rotation: Buehrle-Garcia-Perez-Contreras-Garland
Bullpen: 6th-7th: Cotts/Politte, 8th: Marte/Vizcaino, 9th: Shingo, Long man: Hermanson

Lineup: Podsednik (LF) - Rowand (CF) - Thomas/Everett (DH) - Konerko (1B) - Dye (RF) - Uribe (SS) - Crede (3B) - Davis/Burke (C) - Harris (2B) (or Ginter if he's the PTBNL).

That's a great pitching staff and a decent lineup that'll be more consistent if not as overpowering at times.

For the record, that team can still hit 200HR, which is solid. And many more of those will be multi-run shots.***, Flight!!! You've got only 6 guys who will hit more than 20 HR. How do you expect to win with that?

pinwheels3530
12-13-2004, 11:28 PM
hey pinwheel, you're a pinhead.

Yeah but at least I am realistic! The only other move they'll make is to get a second tier starter.

OzzieBall2004
12-13-2004, 11:38 PM
Your lineup in 2005 will most likely be:

Posednik
Rowand
Thomas
Dye
Konerko
Uribe
Crede
Davis
Harris

Buerhle
Garcia
Contreras
Garland
Hermanson

Wow, you're assuming they'll do nothing else? Thats ridiculous, and not going to happen. Anyone who thinks this is the last move is insane. Dont look at this trade in a vacuum. Look at the big picture. It was done to save a few more millions to sign a pitcher. If i'm wrong i'll lick the concourse floor at the urinal.

guillen4life13
12-13-2004, 11:47 PM
Maybe this trade was compensation for the money spent on Dye.

If you think about it like that, the trade would be Lee for Dye, Podsednik, Vizcaino and the PTBNL, but the cash part of the equation is nonexistent.

I've a bad feeling that this may be the case. We shall see what happens, but nothing would surprise me at this point.

OurBitchinMinny
12-13-2004, 11:49 PM
I know Im in the minority on this, but Im not 100% comfortable with shingo as the closer. Teams started to hit him a lot harder, august and september. His stuff can be deceiving, but the more he is seen, the harder he will get hit IMO. Not as big of a problem as fixing this trade mess by signing another FA pitcher, but it may need to be addressed. Marte needs to be much better this season too, especially in clutch situations

c4birdiemaker
12-14-2004, 01:13 AM
herme and viscaino will help lots

c4birdiemaker
12-14-2004, 01:24 AM
how bout pods, rowand[gonna see alota fastballs], konerko[best hitter should hit third], thomas, dye, crede, uribe, harris, davis

we need another left handed bat. posada?

burl, garcia, clement, garland, contreras

closer by commitee works okay for us...maybe the cubs should try it