PDA

View Full Version : Clement on WGN Radio

Brian26
12-13-2004, 09:30 PM
For what it's worth, the sports guys just interviewed Clement just before 9pm. Sounds like he's very interested in the Sox.

FarWestChicago
12-13-2004, 09:31 PM
For what it's worth, the sports guys just interviewed Clement just before 9pm. Sounds like he's very interested in the Sox.:reinsy

Is he interested in buying season tickets??

SEALgep
12-13-2004, 09:32 PM
Great to hear. :bandance: :gulp:

Hopefully it can materialize.

voodoochile
12-13-2004, 09:33 PM
:reinsy

*****! Oh, that's post of the week material...

MRKARNO
12-13-2004, 09:34 PM

Great stuff FWC!

OEO Magglio
12-13-2004, 09:42 PM
For what it's worth, the sports guys just interviewed Clement just before 9pm. Sounds like he's very interested in the Sox.
Brian, can you summarize what was said??

MeanFish
12-13-2004, 09:47 PM
Was Clement actually in Chicago? That could be a sign right there...

SomebodyToldMe
12-13-2004, 09:49 PM
Hopefully he can be the answer to my sig.

Brian26
12-13-2004, 10:09 PM
Brian, can you summarize what was said??
Real quickly-

Clement just said that it's a crazy process right now. One day he thinks he's got it narrowed down to a couple of teams, and then someone else calls up who was out of the picture and tells him something good. He said the Cubs don't want him, so he doesn't want to go back there. He said he loves Chicago, and his family loves it here. He said he's got a couple of good things on the table and they're going to figure things out over the next couple of days.

pinwheels3530
12-13-2004, 10:11 PM

"Like I told you fans before I want to save my money so don't go starting any rumors about Clement wanting to play for us unless I can get him for cheap"

"Cheap bastard"......:caballo :keith :maggs

"Watch out for that diminished skill clause" ..... :hurt

chisoxmike
12-13-2004, 10:15 PM

"Like I told you fans before I want to save my money so don't go starting any rumors about Clement wanting to play for us unless I can get him for cheap"

Nicely done.

OzzieBall2004
12-13-2004, 10:27 PM

Poorly done. You're right Pinwheels we should have kept the same nucleus that did diddly squat. KW is shuffling the deck, and in the process, building a hell of a starting rotation. We're a signing away from having one of the best rotations in all of baseball, and we added a guy who stole 50+ more bags than our team leader (19). Is our offense going to take a hit, sure.....Do I wish we had a 100 million dollar payroll, of course, but lets not piss and moan about JR being cheap when theres nothing we can do about it anyway.

If Podsednik ups his average by 20 points and with Raines at first the guy could steal 90 bases next year. This is a big step towards getting back to playing real baseball as opposed to this rock 'em, sock 'em BS that hasnt gotten us anywhere in 4 years, and provided an early exit in the playoffs in '00.

kitekrazy
12-13-2004, 10:32 PM
Nicely done.
I loved these posts. Great laughs.

pinwheels3530
12-13-2004, 10:32 PM
Poorly done. You're right Pinwheels we should have kept the same nucleus that did diddly squat. KW is shuffling the deck, and in the process, building a hell of a starting rotation. We're a signing away from having one of the best rotations in all of baseball, and we added a guy who stole 50+ more bags than our team leader (19). Is our offense going to take a hit, sure.....Do I wish we had a 100 million dollar payroll, of course, but lets not piss and moan about JR being cheap when theres nothing we can do about it anyway.

If Podsednik ups his average by 20 points and with Raines at first the guy could steal 90 bases next year. This is a big step towards getting back to playing real baseball as opposed to this rock 'em, sock 'em BS that hasnt gotten us anywhere in 4 years, and provided an early exit in the playoffs in '00.

The Sox are going to sign a second tier starter at best.

anewman35
12-13-2004, 10:40 PM
Do I want a top tier starter? Sure. But do we need one? I don't really think so. We already have two starters that could be #1 on most teams. Not every starter has to be a #1.

OzzieBall2004
12-13-2004, 10:41 PM

Are you going to post that on every thread? And who do yo consider a second tier starter? I dont consider Clement a first tier, but I consider him a damn good pitcher someones gonna pay 7-9 million for. Why dont you just go take a nap and wake up april 4 and bitch then.

pinwheels3530
12-13-2004, 10:43 PM
Do I want a top tier starter? Sure. But do we need one? I don't really think so. We already have two starters that could be #1 on most teams. Not every starter has to be a #1.

Nope I would rather have another top tier starter!

pinwheels3530
12-13-2004, 10:45 PM
Are you going to post that on every thread? And who do yo consider a second tier starter? I dont consider Clement a first tier, but I consider him a damn good pitcher someones gonna pay 7-9 million for. Why dont you just go take a nap and wake up april 4 and bitch then.

Don't get mad at me cause the Sox are cheap. Yes and I will post that on every thread!!

fusillirob1983
12-13-2004, 10:45 PM
Me too. If we can afford one, why wouldn't we?

OzzieBall2004
12-13-2004, 10:47 PM
Don't get mad at me cause the Sox are cheap. Yes and I will post that on every thread!!

I didnt say anything about them being cheap....I just said the only 1st tier FA pitchers are probably Pavano and Pedro, and they ain't coming here. Clement is not 1st tier, but i'd love to have him.

MRKARNO
12-13-2004, 10:48 PM
I didnt say anything about them being cheap....I just said the only 1st tier FA pitchers are probably Pavano and Pedro, and they ain't coming here. Clement is not 1st tier, but i'd love to have him.
Basically there's Pedro and then the rest IMO, but Clement is a better pitcher than Pavano.

pinwheels3530
12-13-2004, 10:50 PM
Only because the sox traded away carlos lee do the sox now have the flexability to go get a 5th starter they needed for years......If ownership would have spend more money on pitching in the first place we wouldn't have to trade away a 300 hitter.:rolleyes:

pinwheels3530
12-13-2004, 10:51 PM

Why aren't they coming here? Cause the Sox ownership is too cheap to act like a big market ballcub in Chicago!!!!

MeanFish
12-13-2004, 10:53 PM
Dude, please stop. There are better things to be depressed about than baseball. Trust me.

pearso66
12-13-2004, 11:01 PM
Why aren't they coming here? Cause the Sox ownership is too cheap to act like a big market ballcub in Chicago!!!!

I don't think they really are being that cheap, i mean a 70 mil payroll isnt too bad considereing that we are 1/2 the market in Chicago, and not even 1/2 of it. People always fail to realize there is another team in the City. Do I wish they would spend $100 mil, sure, but it sure isnt likely. But maybe i've fallen under that trap since i've followed the team for so long. BTW, I'd rather take my chances with a cheaper pitcher, than one of the "top" pitchers and giving them a 4 year deal for big bucks, and they end up not being worth it. Which I can tlel you now, they wont be

Tragg
12-13-2004, 11:10 PM
Why aren't the Cubs trying to re-sign Clement?

OEO Magglio
12-13-2004, 11:15 PM
Why aren't the Cubs trying to re-sign Clement?
Cause they have 5 starters already and they don't want to put money in clement when they have other holes to fill.