PDA

View Full Version : Brace yourself if this is true

cornball
12-13-2004, 07:00 PM
http://mb3.scout.com/fnewyorkyankeesfrm1.showMessage?topicID=5640.topic

Pauly and Garland for Burnett, basically.

soltrain21
12-13-2004, 07:02 PM

Could we really afford to lose PK, also? I was always under the assumption it would be just one of them...but both PK and Clee?!

Kogs35
12-13-2004, 07:02 PM

Pauly and Garland for Burnett, basically.its not true im in ny and listing to the radio and not heard 1 thing

dickallen15
12-13-2004, 07:03 PM
If it was reported on espn radio, we would have heard it by now. Its false.

MUsoxfan
12-13-2004, 07:04 PM
I can't see that happening.

MeanFish
12-13-2004, 07:06 PM
Unlike this trade that has the overwhelming potential to be good, that trade would suck hard no matter how you spin it.

KW is smarter than that.

batmanZoSo
12-13-2004, 07:06 PM

So to start the season we're without Konerko, Lee, Maggs and Thomas. We'd have to make another really big trade for a bat or something for this trade to work. Maybe you get Tim Hudson and say to hell with offense. Either way, I don't see how Burnett is worth that much. To make it right we'd have to get cash and a good prospect at the very least.

munchman33
12-13-2004, 07:07 PM
Unlike this trade that has the overwhelming potential to be good, that trade would suck hard no matter how you spin it.

KW is smarter than that.
:reinsy

"But think of all the money I'm saving!"

Seriously though, it depends on the cash we have for free agency. There are some intriguing options at first base.

Tragg
12-13-2004, 07:10 PM
The Marlins add nothing to that deal; kick them out. Unless it's a matter of Burnett being so much cheaper than Vazquez (the Marlins are willing to take on that salary? I doubt it).
Maybe the salary dump will be used for Delgado - but are we sure his dismal 2004 wasn't a matter of being clear-free?

oeo
12-13-2004, 07:12 PM
Excuse me while I...
:chunks

SouthSideHitman
12-13-2004, 07:15 PM
To quote Carl, "No freakin' way!"
This is just some Yankees fan assuming that everyone else in the league will bend over backwards for them and make their dreams come true.

chisoxmike
12-13-2004, 07:18 PM
"SEE YOU IN HELL SOX FANS!!! LOOK AT THE NEW FACE OF THE FRANCHISE!

:LTP
"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH"

munchman33
12-13-2004, 07:18 PM
The Marlins add nothing to that deal; kick them out. Unless it's a matter of Burnett being so much cheaper than Vazquez (the Marlins are willing to take on that salary? I doubt it).
Maybe the salary dump will be used for Delgado - but are we sure his dismal 2004 wasn't a matter of being clear-free?
The Marlins want to trade Burnett because they know they can't sign him beyond this year.

cornball
12-13-2004, 07:20 PM
I was reading the Sox scout board when someone mentioned this. Understand right now the Yankees are obcessed with getting RJ, but since it was sourced I thought it was worth mentioning.

Will they trade PK?

OG4LIFE
12-13-2004, 07:20 PM

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH"
ROFL

Tragg
12-13-2004, 07:21 PM
The Marlins want to trade Burnett because they know they can't sign him beyond this year.So why are they in the deal?

If they can't sign Burnett then the yanks must be taking a load of vasquez's contract.

so why don't we take vasquez and keep garland and let the yanks send kotsay to NY; or take kotsay as well and send garland to arizona. No one from the Marlins is going to either NY or Arizona, so they serve no purpose except to further fleece us. The way the trade is set up, Burnett is worth Kotsay and Garland more than is Vasquez - I don't believe that he is.

Plus Burnett is 1 year removed from tommy john surgery

That said, IF the Marlins were out of that deal, I don't think it's that bad with another move. The FA market for a hitter is a lot less competitive than the market for a pitcher. IF we can get the pitcher via trade, then we can replace Konerko on the FA market with someone like Delgado (if we are sure that he has always been clear-free)

cornball
12-13-2004, 07:24 PM
ROFL
Hall of Fame post...laughing my butt off

chisoxmike
12-13-2004, 07:24 PM
So, basically we're just helping the Yankees land Randy Johnson. This will do nothing for us. Like I said, Konerko shoudve been traded to the Brewers for the minor leauge players we got in return for Lee, instead we give Lee away, and now, may give konerko AND garland up. We are creating so many more holes its not even funny.

Mohoney
12-13-2004, 07:26 PM
The Marlins want to trade Burnett because they know they can't sign him beyond this year.
Fine. Garland + Diaz for Burnett, and let NY and Arizona fight amongst themselves.

Lock Burnett to an extension and sign Odalis Perez.

santo=dorf
12-13-2004, 07:28 PM

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH"
I like how you gave Borchard an evil laugh. :rolling:

Wealz
12-13-2004, 07:31 PM
I hope this trade is true. It would save an additional $8M, bringing the total to $15M.

santo=dorf
12-13-2004, 07:33 PM
I hope this trade is true. It would save an additional $8M, bringing the total to $15M.:reinsy
"That's right! It's not what you put on the field, it's how much money you save!"

I like Burnett, but he is a health risk, and I don't think it is to wise to go after a pitcher but not fill a hole in your rotation. Plus we would be helping the Yanks getting RJ.:mad:

soxwon
12-13-2004, 07:43 PM
God please STop it your scareing me.

if we trade konerko now we are really screwed, we have no offense then.

chisoxmike
12-13-2004, 07:51 PM
God please STop it your scareing me.

if we trade konerko now we are really screwed, we have no offense then.
Tell me about it, for the people who think Crazy Carl is going to "light it up" this season, give me a break. Any player that needs to be whipped into shape, should be shipped out. Every year we think Crede is going to have a break out year, it hasn't happened. But I think KW is stupid enough to trade Konerko and Garland, leaving us needing now 2 starting pitchers and a big bat. Please.

munchman33
12-13-2004, 08:02 PM
I hope this trade is true. It would save an additional $8M, bringing the total to $15M.
Exactly. And do you know whose price range that brings us in?

:borass:
"In your dreams, munchman!"

Wealz
12-13-2004, 08:04 PM
"That's right! It's not what you put on the field, it's how much money you save!"

I like Burnett, but he is a health risk, and I don't think it is to wise to go after a pitcher but not fill a hole in your rotation. Plus we would be helping the Yanks getting RJ.:mad:
Burnett would be the #1 starter on the staff. $15M to spend with Beltran, Beltre, and Drew still on the market.

Lip Man 1
12-13-2004, 08:11 PM
Wealz:

All Scott Boras clients...Williams has already said he won't deal with him.

Lip

Kogs35
12-13-2004, 08:20 PM
Wealz:

Lip
lip a lot teams wont deal with him right now read jayson starks collumn about it

Wealz
12-13-2004, 08:34 PM
Wealz:

Lip
What did Reinsdorf say?

southsider17
12-13-2004, 08:39 PM
Wealz:

Lip
Listening ... the lost art.

KW said he can't see signing any Boras client because he's asking to much for them. Nowhere, at no time, did he say he wouldn't deal with Boras.

SomebodyToldMe
12-13-2004, 08:42 PM
Wealz:

Lip
Yeah...When we didn't have a lot of money to spend. I think if we had, say a good 15 mill to work with, we might see a Boras client.

Lip Man 1
12-13-2004, 10:27 PM
Southsider:

Common sense... a lost art.

And exactly whom do you expect the price to drop down enough for the Sox to get involved in?

Williams himself said tonight the moved saved by dealing Lee will be used this year at the trading deadline and yet you think the Sox are suddenly going to sign a J.D. Drew?

The dumbing down of Sox fans continues...

Lip

Brian26
12-13-2004, 10:29 PM
Williams himself said tonight the moved saved by dealing Lee will be used this year at the trading deadline and yet you think the Sox are suddenly going to sign a J.D. Drew?

Lip
Where the hell would Drew play?

santo=dorf
12-13-2004, 11:34 PM
Burnett would be the #1 starter on the staff. $15M to spend with Beltran, Beltre, and Drew still on the market.
And we still wouldn't have a fifth starter.

pearso66
12-14-2004, 12:05 AM

Maybe with the extra $15 mil we sign Clement or Perez. I don't know if i necessarily want it to happen or not, but its not my call

kittle42
12-14-2004, 12:06 AM
How silly must a person be to believe trade things like this posted on message boards?

pearso66
12-14-2004, 12:08 AM
How silly must a person be to believe trade things like this posted on message boards?

I definitally dont believe much until it happens, especially with KW as the GM, but if it did go down, and we were saving $15 mil, i would turn right around and sign one of the top 2 pitchers left in perez or clement, and still have aorund 6 mil to play with. Of course I'd also lock Burnett up long term, or 2-3 years i mean

munchman33
12-14-2004, 02:55 AM

Lip
Lip: You must not have caught the conference call with KW. I'll refer you to Flight's post in another thread. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=545478#post545478)

As you can see, not spending that money until June is Kenny's last case scenerio. Thing's aren't as dire as you would like to make them seem.

Wealz
12-14-2004, 10:21 AM
Hermanson.

southsider17
12-14-2004, 10:54 AM
Southsider:

Common sense... a lost art.

And exactly whom do you expect the price to drop down enough for the Sox to get involved in?

Lip
Again you misquote others to suit your argument.

I don't think KW will sign any Boras FAs, despite what you may say I think. The reason he won't do it is because he won't spend the money Boras is asking for not because he refuses to pick up the phone and talk to him.

If, by some unknown confluence of events (like cub season ticket buyers mistaking the Sox season ticket website for the cub's one), KW has alot more money to spend then you would see him "dealing" with Boras. Not because his prices went down. But enough dreaming!

Your turn to misquote me now!

kittle42
12-14-2004, 10:54 AM
Hermanson.
Having Hermanson as your fifth starter is the very definition of cheap, timid and stupid.

southsider17
12-14-2004, 11:25 AM
Having Hermanson as your fifth starter is the very definition of cheap, timid and stupid.
The final four's fifth starters:
Red Sox (I don't know which one was the 5th) -
Wakefield 12-10, 4.87 ERA
Lowe 14-12, 5.42 ERA
Yankees (ditto) -
Leiber 14-8, 4.33 ERA
Loaiza 5-7, 5.70 ERA
Cardinals (Morris was 5th by performance and then Haren stepped in when Carpenter went down) -
Morris 15-10, 4.72 ERA
Haren 3-3, 4.50 ERA
Astros (these three were the 5th, in order, as injuries took down others) -
Redding 5-7, 5.72 ERA
Hernandez 1-3, 6.43 ERA
Munro 4-7, 5.15 ERA
Now here are Hermanson's stats:
Hermanson 6-9, 4.53 (4.31 career)

Cheap, timid and stupid? Cheap, yes, but enough. These four team show that maybe the money is better spent elswhere.

jlh0023
12-14-2004, 01:27 PM
Sox give up Garland/Konerko
Yanks Give up Vazquez
Marlins give up Burnett
Diamondbacks give up Johnson

Sox get Burnett, then pursue Delgado with the CLee $$

12-14-2004, 01:29 PM
Yanks Give up Vazquez
Marlins give up Burnett

Source? Legit Or Bar talk?

tadscout
12-14-2004, 01:31 PM
yes, please source...

PorkChopExpress
Obviously the Yanks get Johnson, but what do the Marlins get since Garland and Konerko wasn't enough for the Diamondbacks before?

rmusacch
Yanks Give up Vazquez
Marlins give up Burnett

Yeah that was posted yesterday. I think Garland and Konerko is way to much to give up for AJ Burnett. He is only a year removed from Tommy John surgery.

NonetheLoaiza
isnt there a post already similar to this?

Flight #24
12-14-2004, 01:32 PM
And who's the 5th starter? That's the issue I see with that deal. I love Burnett & Delgado v. Garland & Konerko, but I like the idea of Perez-Contreras-Garland as the 3-4-5 a lot better.

WSox8404
12-14-2004, 01:32 PM
Yanks Give up Vazquez
Marlins give up Burnett

I wouldn't mind that as long as we pursued someone other then Delgado. I am not too impressed by him and I think trying to get Cabrera would be a better option.

Iwritecode
12-14-2004, 01:34 PM
isnt there a post already similar to this?

Yes, it's in talking baseball complete with a link...

tadscout
12-14-2004, 01:34 PM
anyone w/ real source. or this just hearsay?

rmusacch
12-14-2004, 01:35 PM
I wouldn't mind that as long as we pursued someone other then Delgado. I am not too impressed by him and I think trying to get Cabrera would be a better option.
In regards to your sig, the Illini are now 9-0.

mactheknife
12-14-2004, 01:36 PM
intresting to say the least...i'd heard it before but hearin delgado is news.

even if it's hearsay it's still something to think about.

Iwritecode
12-14-2004, 01:39 PM
Yes, it's in talking baseball complete with a link...

The mods are on top of things as usual. :D:

kittle42
12-14-2004, 01:53 PM
I think I'll go start another thread about some completely fake four-way team trade crap and see how much of it sticks to the WSI posters' walls.

Whitesox029
12-15-2004, 04:25 PM

Pauly and Garland for Burnett, basically.Complete Lunacy. Not in a million years would I make that deal.