PDA

View Full Version : Big Hurt

cburns
12-13-2004, 05:28 PM
Does anyone think Frank will have to carry the offense next year when he gets healthy? Does anyone think Frank CAN carry the team anymore?

Jurr
12-13-2004, 05:29 PM
No and no.

MUsoxfan
12-13-2004, 05:29 PM
There's no reason he should have to carry the offense. I don't think that the team is being built around him anymore.

FightingBillini
12-13-2004, 05:37 PM
Does anyone think Frank will have to carry the offense next year when he gets healthy? Does anyone think Frank CAN carry the team anymore?
I dont know if he will have to, but he certainly can.
He hasnt dropped off. When he is healthy, he is one of the best. If he is healthy the whole year, he will hit at least 45 homers.

MRKARNO
12-13-2004, 08:06 PM
If he's healthy this team is going to win. If he's not, this team isn't going to win. It's no coincidence that Franks best two years in the last five were 2003 and 2000 and we won the most games in those 2 years of the last five.

Foulke You
12-13-2004, 08:18 PM
We still have some very productive hitters in our lineup. We don't have quite as much thunder, but productive nonetheless. Think of how many teams would kill to have the 4 All Stars in the middle of the lineup that we have (Thomas, Everett, Dye, and Konerko). They can certainly put some runs up on the board in a hurry. Uribe and Rowand are no offensive slouches either. To me, the only real question marks are Crede and Davis/Burke on the offensive side of things. I guess I don't see the offense being as bleak as some around here do. I think people are going to be surprised when they see that our team can still score a lot of runs, especially with a guy who can steal 70 bases at the top of the order. That's a lot of chances with a runner in scoring position.

Chrisaway
12-14-2004, 01:50 AM
Frank is still one of the more feared hitters in the game. Other teams approach the Sox lineup entirely diffrent with his mere presence (look at us last lear without him). He may not "carry" the team as you say but he definitely has a major impact. Look for Frank (barring injuries) to make that same impact this season.

Baines2Raines
12-14-2004, 02:24 AM
Frank is still one of the more feared hitters in the game. Other teams approach the Sox lineup entirely diffrent with his mere presence (look at us last lear without him). He may not "carry" the team as you say but he definitely has a major impact. Look for Frank (barring injuries) to make that same impact this season.
Notice the pictures of the Sox caps. The cap they used in the late 80's is so damn hard to find. I called it the Campbell's Soup C cap.

OurBitchinMinny
12-14-2004, 02:27 AM
No he wont have to carry the offense and no he cannot do it anymore. He just isnt the same player. I still dont quite understand how he got hurt so badly being a DH, but he is a big man. Frank, IMO, is one of the top 2 or 3 players in white sox history and he has put up with a lot of crap from fans and especially from one of the worst front offices in baseball and the second worst owner in pro sports (behind F'ing wirtz). I respect him, but this was magglios team for the last 4-5 years, other than '03 I guess. Frank has been in and out of the lineup and inconsistent at times. His drop in BA has been disappointing, but hes not a young man anymore. I hope he is healthy this year and can be one of the leaders.

Chrisaway
12-14-2004, 02:29 AM
Notice the pictures of the Sox caps. The cap they used in the late 80's is so damn hard to find. I called it the Campbell's Soup C cap.
They sell em at the Cell. Still havent picked one up yet.

ilsox7
12-14-2004, 02:29 AM
They sell em at the Cell. Still havent picked one up yet.
There was a discussion about this a few days ago. Search for it...there are several stores/websites that have it.

Chrisaway
12-14-2004, 02:39 AM
Yeah I saw almost all of the Sox throwbacks on the web. My goal is to own one of each. My black one is pretty beat up i think its time to replace (I've owned about 9 of em).

StockdaleForVeep
12-14-2004, 03:16 AM

The way KW has this team goin, he'll make OZ only pinch hit hurt to lay down bunts. Small ball, gotta love it.

MUsoxfan
12-14-2004, 03:21 AM
The way KW has this team goin, he'll make OZ only pinch hit hurt to lay down bunts. Small ball, gotta love it.

I love small ball. There's no better feeling in the world to me than watching the Sox score 6 runs in an inning without a homerun. Bunts, line shots, and stealing bases are all a part of that. I enjoy watching a guy steal third much more than I enjoy watching a guy blast one into the bullpen sports bar.

ilsox7
12-14-2004, 03:23 AM
I love small ball. There's no better feeling in the world to me than watching the Sox score 6 runs in an inning without a homerun. Bunts, line shots, and stealing bases are all a part of that. I enjoy watching a guy steal third much more than I enjoy watching a guy blast one into the bullpen sports bar.
What is this "stealing third" you speak of?

MUsoxfan
12-14-2004, 03:28 AM
What is this "stealing third" you speak of?
Much love for Scotty Po

Baines2Raines
12-15-2004, 01:26 AM
There was a discussion about this a few days ago. Search for it...there are several stores/websites that have it.
There was a discussion about the caps on here? Do you have a link? I didn't look that hard. I was busy looking at Mr. Lisa Dergan's wife.

http://msn.foxsports.com/netapp/blobs/active/5/8/900294_36_1.jpg

A great place to find Sox stuff is Grandstand on West 35th Street. They have a bunch of Sox stuff.

www.grandstandsox.com (http://www.grandstandsox.com)

MeanFish
12-15-2004, 01:33 AM
If he does nothing else, Podsednik will make our beloved palehose more exciting this year.

StockdaleForVeep
12-15-2004, 01:41 AM
True but it is the long ball which can lift a teams enthusiasm and such. A bunt isnt gonna get Big frank out of the dugout to slap hands.