PDA

View Full Version : Pedro to Mets ... Per Gammon

Mots09
12-13-2004, 02:08 PM
nm

kittle42
12-13-2004, 02:09 PM
Didn't Link once defeat Gammon when he attempted to take over Hyrule?

Ol' No. 2
12-13-2004, 02:10 PM
nmLet's see if Boston can keep his perfect string going.

SoxxoS
12-13-2004, 02:10 PM
kittle-What the hell does that mean?:D:

Rocky Soprano
12-13-2004, 02:11 PM
And Renteria to the Red Sox

Flight #24
12-13-2004, 02:13 PM
Gammons on ESPN Radio this AM said the Mets supposedly giving 4 years guaranteed, BoSox apparently moving on and hammering out a deal with Renteria today.

On a related note: This would have to take the Mets out of the Sham-Me sweepstakes (assuming they were still in it in the first place).

Other notes:

- Ben Sheets will be the "hot trade prospect" next summer (along with RJ)
- Dodgers are "short" of the talent necessary to trade for Hudson
- Matt Clement's about to sign with the Angels
- ChiSox still want to trade Lee+Garland to DBacks in the Yankees 3-way (Yanks send a prospect to DBacks and Vazquez+cash to Sox)

Palehose13
12-13-2004, 02:20 PM
kittle-What the hell does that mean?:D:
Legend of Zelda reference? It's been so long, but I think that is what it was...

pudge
12-13-2004, 02:25 PM
Gannon is the bad guy from Zelda, not Gammon. :cool:

Baby Fisk
12-13-2004, 02:27 PM
"Zeldaaaaaa!"

illinibk
12-13-2004, 02:29 PM
Gammons on ESPN Radio this AM said ...
- Ben Sheets will be the "hot trade prospect" next summer (along with RJ)

I'll believe it when I see it. Why would the Brewers trade the cornerstone of their franchise halfway through the season? Sure they have a bunch of studs in the minors, but they are allposition players. Would the new ownership in Milwaukee want to take that kind of PR hit right off the bat?

Gammons is a tool. The most irritating thing is he presents his own speculation as if it were fact.

Flight #24
12-13-2004, 02:42 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. Why would the Brewers trade the cornerstone of their franchise halfway through the season? Sure they have a bunch of studs in the minors, but they are allposition players. Would the new ownership in Milwaukee want to take that kind of PR hit right off the bat?

Gammons is a tool. The most irritating thing is he presents his own speculation as if it were fact.
My guess is that Sheets is an FA after '06, and if the Brewers don't think they'll be able to afford him, they'll maximize value in trade by dealing him in '05. Unless they're contending in '05.

kittle42
12-13-2004, 02:51 PM
Gannon is the bad guy from Zelda, not Gammon. :cool:
Actually, it was Ganon.

Gannon, meanwhile, was plotting to overtake the NFL.

Dolanski
12-13-2004, 03:22 PM
WEEI in Boston just reported that Pedro accepts a 4 year deal with the METS...

RichFitztightly
12-13-2004, 03:42 PM
Well, if Gammalamma-Ding Dong is predicting it, that takes one team out of the running. Now he needs to predict about 2 more teams and who's ever left in the running will have Pedro.

P.S. is anybody else upset that Gammons is now in the writer's wing of the Hall of Fame?

Linkola (http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/132sd1.htm)

HebrewHammer
12-13-2004, 04:15 PM
IF this is true with Pedro to the Mets, is there any way he DOESN'T go belly up and wind up on the shelf for half of his contract?

Is there a team that has a worse history when signing players to massive contracts?

Unregistered
12-13-2004, 04:48 PM
IF this is true with Pedro to the Mets, is there any way he DOESN'T go belly up and wind up on the shelf for half of his contract?

Is there a team that has a worse history when signing players to massive contracts? Yeah, he's a lock to either get injured or put up a 5.00 ERA in all 4 years of that contract if he signs with the Mets. Maybe that's why he's doing it - to take the pressure off of him. :cool: