PDA

View Full Version : AZ counter-offer for RJ

Mickster
12-13-2004, 12:27 PM
Wow! :o: AZ is truly delusional. Look HERE (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=rotowire-andyohnsonalkswithac&prov=rotowire&type=lgns).

Sox offer CLee and Garland, and they counter with CLee and Garcia or Buehrle!!!

:bong:

Palehose13
12-13-2004, 12:29 PM
:?:

No way. Forget about RJ, Kenny.

The Big Squirt
12-13-2004, 12:30 PM
This just shows you why he isn't going anywhere. No team is going to pay that for a guy with 1 year left on his contract. Especially a guy as old as he is.

idseer
12-13-2004, 12:30 PM
Wow! :o: AZ is truly delusional. Look HERE (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=rotowire-andyohnsonalkswithac&prov=rotowire&type=lgns).

and he isn't even worth lee and garland!

SEALgep
12-13-2004, 12:32 PM
I believe they meant Lee, Garland, AND Garcia or Buerhle, which is obviously even worse. Have fun in AZ Randy. :rolleyes:

soxfan26
12-13-2004, 12:40 PM
Wow, that's great where do we sign?

samram
12-13-2004, 12:50 PM
I believe they meant Lee, Garland, AND Garcia or Buerhle, which is obviously even worse. Have fun in AZ Randy. :rolleyes:
I don't see which team would give up that type of talent. If they were asking for equivalent players from the Yanks, it would be Matsui, Vasquez, and another major league player. From the Angels it would be Anderson, Colon and Ortiz. If this is really the caliber of players they want in return, he'll be in AZ this year.

Foulke You
12-13-2004, 01:23 PM
Wow...I'm speechless. If this is what Arizona is asking, they are out of their minds or were never serious about wanting to move Johnson in the first place. I was a huge fan of the idea of landing the biggest impact pitcher on the market, but not at that price. No wonder the Yankees pulled out of that deal! The Dbacks are nuts.

Flight #24
12-13-2004, 01:24 PM
Supposedly last night they may have offered RJ an extension. If true, then I can see where they'd not want to deal him unless they got a boatload in return.

Of course, if'when he says "no dice" to the extension, they'll have to settle for a lot less.....at least I hope they will - or that they send him elsewhere.

Brian26
12-13-2004, 01:31 PM
The more time that passes, the less I want RJ anywhere near this organization.

Asking for Buehrle and CLee (or Garcia and CLee) is absolutely ridiculous.

Who's the dueche who is running things over there? Is it still Garagiola Jr?

DirtySouthsider
12-13-2004, 01:33 PM
Supposedly last night they may have offered RJ an extension. If true, then I can see where they'd not want to deal him unless they got a boatload in return.

Of course, if'when he says "no dice" to the extension, they'll have to settle for a lot less.....at least I hope they will - or that they send him elsewhere.

I'm confused.....if they do offer RJ an extension.....where are they getting the money from? I thought that francise was in horrible money trouble? But they throw a boat load of money at Glaus and sign Ortiz for big money.

I just don't get it?

samram
12-13-2004, 01:35 PM
I'm confused.....if they do offer RJ an extension.....where are they getting the money from? I thought that francise was in horrible money trouble? But they throw a boat load of money at Glaus and sign Ortiz for big money.

I just don't get it?
As has been mentioned elsewhere, they raised a couple hundred million from new and existing investors, some of which will pay off deferred compensation obligations, and some of which can be used for player acquisitions.

SoxxoS
12-13-2004, 01:38 PM
The more time that passes, the less I want RJ anywhere near this organization.

Asking for Buehrle and CLee (or Garcia and CLee) is absolutely ridiculous.

Who's the dueche who is running things over there? Is it still Garagiola Jr?
Yeah and he is an absolute moron.

I have to deal with D'Back fans as roommates...I have to argue with them non-stop about baseball.

MRKARNO
12-13-2004, 01:47 PM
Isn't Moorad running the DBacks now?

Anyways, Arizona has clearly demonstrated that they have no real intention of getting rid of Randy Johnson so it's time to move on Kenny. I thought the Yanks were crazy to offer what they did AND to be turned down by the DBacks. I dont think RJ has as much trade value as Buehrle to be honest. They're freaking nuts.

samram
12-13-2004, 01:50 PM
Isn't Moorad running the DBacks now?

Anyways, Arizona has clearly demonstrated that they have no real intention of getting rid of Randy Johnson so it's time to move on Kenny. I thought the Yanks were crazy to offer what they did AND to be turned down by the DBacks. I dont think RJ has as much trade value as Buehrle to be honest. They're freaking nuts.
Moorad will be the president, not the GM, and I don't think he has officially taken over those duties yet. He will when Colangelo retires at the end of the year.

12-13-2004, 01:51 PM
Horrible Horrible....I would offer Contreras though...maybe

MRKARNO
12-13-2004, 01:57 PM
The Sox should seriously counter-offer with just Joe Borchard to demonstrate how ridiculous that offer was.

mealfred13
12-13-2004, 02:09 PM
The Sox should seriously counter-offer with just Joe Borchard to demonstrate how ridiculous that offer was.
HAHAHA..... Hey, it couldn't hurt! Especially if they were stupid enough to accept the deal!

Foulke29
12-13-2004, 02:30 PM
You know - the blurb never said that the Sox give up Garland Lee and Freddy G. or Buehrle. It said that Garcia or Buehrle have to be part of the deal.

Sound like AZ has as much faith in Garland as us Sox fans do!

SoxxoS
12-13-2004, 02:36 PM
I brought it up in the "Deal in works" thread...I wouldn't mind Shea Hillenbrand from Arizona as a nice platoon for 3B/1B.

Ol No 2 made a good point...he can platoon for Crediocre and/or Gload depending on which can't cut it.

Paulwny
12-13-2004, 02:57 PM
Here's the latest rumor,

Vazquez+ Karsay + $$$$ to the Marlins

AJ Burnett to AZ

RJ to NY

soltrain21
12-13-2004, 03:00 PM
Here's the latest rumor,

Vazquez+ Karsay + $$$$ to the Marlins

AJ Burnett to AZ

RJ to NY

AZ wants WAY more than that. There is no way that can happen.

Ol' No. 2
12-13-2004, 03:01 PM
AZ wants WAY more than that. There is no way that can happen.AZ already turned down a deal WAY better than that.

Flight #24
12-13-2004, 03:10 PM
AZ already turned down a deal WAY better than that.
Isnt' Burnett an FA after '05? Unless the DBacks think they can resign him cheaply, why would they want him that badly? And based on his performance coming off of surgery, I highly doubt he's going to resign cheaply. He'll wait it out, have a good year, and say "Look - I'm better than Kris Benson, so I want $9-10mil/yr".

Doens't make much sense to me.

Soxfest
12-13-2004, 07:27 PM
You got that right?

:bong: