PDA

View Full Version : Rule V Draft Done

jabrch
12-13-2004, 11:21 AM
Rule V - Sox take/lose...NOTHING

Cubs lose Haggerty and Sisco to Baltimore and KC respectively.

JRIG
12-13-2004, 11:44 AM

Nitpicking, but it's officially the "Rule 5" Draft. Nowhere does the draft take on the Roman Numeral.

OfficerKarkovice
12-13-2004, 11:47 AM
Untrue...from BA:

The White Sox selected Ryan Warpinski from the the Marlins in the Triple-A phase. At Texas A&M, Waspinski had a teammate named Ryan Wardinski. Yes, we are loopy from three days in Anaheim.
-- 11:26 a.m. PST

santo=dorf
12-13-2004, 11:54 AM
Untrue...from BA:I wonder if KW was thinking he was getting Ryan Wardinski and not Ryan Warpinski. :D:

EDIT: Is the guy's name supposed to be Waspinski or Warpinski? :?:

:KW

"It's not so easy is it?"

jabrch
12-13-2004, 12:02 PM
Untrue...from BA:
That was in the minor league portion - not the major league portion which I was talking about.

Warpinsky or Wardinsky...non-factor....

OfficerKarkovice
12-13-2004, 12:03 PM
I wonder if KW was thinking he was getting Ryan Wardinski and not Ryan Warpinski. :D:

EDIT: Is the guy's name supposed to be Waspinski or Warpinski? :?:

:KW

"It's not so easy is it?"
I have no idea...that was straight from BA's Rule V Blog.

Tekijawa
12-13-2004, 12:06 PM
That was one of the "under the radar"-iest moves ever! not only is it unclear if we darfted some one, it's unclear who we drafted! That'll keep those other GM's thinking!
Who'd they just pick up? Was it Waspinski or Warpinski or Wardinski? I'm sure the kids a grinder which ever one he is!

Dolanski
12-13-2004, 12:11 PM
That was one of the "under the radar"-iest moves ever! not only is it unclear if we darfted some one, it's unclear who we drafted! That'll keep those other GM's thinking!
Who'd they just pick up? Was it Waspinski or Warpinski or Wardinski? I'm sure the kids a grinder which ever one he is!
Whoever he is, he's going to be the next great White Sox 5th starter come august!

fquaye149
12-13-2004, 12:28 PM
is this the ryan warpinski who used to pitch for abrams, Wisconsin? ....does anyone happen to know?

gosox41
12-13-2004, 01:30 PM

Is it a good thing or bad thing the Sox didn't lose anything?

Bob

MisterB
12-13-2004, 01:39 PM
is this the ryan warpinski who used to pitch for abrams, Wisconsin? ....does anyone happen to know?
According to the Baseball Cube (http://www.thebaseballcube.com/profiles/WA/tbc22467.asp), he's from Maribel, WI so it might very well be.

jabrch
12-13-2004, 01:56 PM
Is it a good thing or bad thing the Sox didn't lose anything?

Bob
It means KW did a good job protecting the best players who were elig. to be taken, but that we don't have as deep a farm system as the Dodgers or the Cubs do. I'd say that's some good news and some bad news. We knew we didn't have a top 5 farm system, so with only 12 players taken in the major league portion, it doesn't surprise me that none were ours. If we lost a player, I'd have been surprised - that would have been more a negative than not losing a player.

fquaye149
12-13-2004, 01:56 PM
if he is the ryan warpinski i'm thinking of he was a hell of a player in high school....

my coach actually used to coach him in legion