PDA

View Full Version : Strange Neyer Comment

nodiggity59
12-13-2004, 11:07 AM
Found this on a Rob Neyer ESPN chat:

Michael (Chicago): I know Ozzie Guillen plays 'small ball,' but why does Jerry Reinsdorf play 'small market ball' when the White Sox are in Chicago? Hello??

http://espn.starwave.com/i/sn.gif Rob Neyer: (11:50 AM ET ) Reinsdorf is just marshaling his resources for a big push once the new ballpark is built.

I'm quite dubious about this, but an interesting possbility I guess.

kittle42
12-13-2004, 11:08 AM
I think that teal was just unavailable for the chat.

jabrch
12-13-2004, 11:22 AM
:reinsy

Yeah, saving my money for 2035...and then I'm gonna come out firing!!!

santo=dorf
12-13-2004, 11:23 AM
Maybe he's talking about the Washington Stadium where his son plans on cashing in on.

Tekijawa
12-13-2004, 11:24 AM
or could it mean that once the improvements are all complete?

I'll tell you what going to the park this past year compaired to 2-3 years ago and it's a completely different place. It would not be completely out of the questions to finish everything first to show everyone how fan friendly the park is and then go out and spend big bucks on a few FA's to bring in those who are still of the mindset, that has been repeatedly beaten into their heads, that the park is ugly and dangerous... Add a home run porch for the 2006 season and then once everyone on the team has their contracts end in that season, go out in 2007 and pick up a bunch of names to bring in the casual fan to see how much better the park is than the Urinal... Which by the way is under some pretty big construction, I was down by it this weekend and the side on Adison is all fenced off and has a bunch of the netting hanging out all over the place...

idseer
12-13-2004, 11:27 AM

I'll tell you what going to the park this past year compaired to 2-3 years ago and it's a completely different place. It would not be completely out of the questions to finish everything first to show everyone how fan friendly the park is and then go out and spend big bucks on a few FA's to bring in those who are still of the mindset, that has been repeatedly beaten into their heads, that the park is ugly and dangerous... Add a home run porch for the 2006 season and then once everyone on the team has their contracts end in that season, go out in 2007 and pick up a bunch of names to bring in the casual fan to see how much better the park is than the Urinal... Which by the way is under some pretty big construction, I was down by it this weekend and the side on Adison is all fenced off and has a bunch of the netting hanging out all over the place...
but don't hold your breath.

Tragg
12-13-2004, 11:56 AM
I think that teal was just unavailable for the chat.
By George, I think he's got it.

Pretty funny comment by Meyer

jabrch
12-13-2004, 12:05 PM

I like your thinking Teki...I hope it is true...

Incidentally, were you 2 blocks south of the shrine where 3 people went on a stabbing rampage on top of Jimmy Johns? That's a dangerous neighborhood - Lakeview... Lakeview when there is a stabbing, Wrigleyville when the Cubs play there... LOL

Tekijawa
12-13-2004, 12:09 PM
I like your thinking Teki...I hope it is true...

Incidentally, were you 2 blocks south of the shrine where 3 people went on a stabbing rampage on top of Jimmy Johns? That's a dangerous neighborhood - Lakeview... Lakeview when there is a stabbing, Wrigleyville when the Cubs play there... LOL
No, I was 2 blocks north of the Urinal. Where my wallet was raped by a lady holding a tray full of $5 dollar Miller Lites, and $8 Dollar Shots of Jaeger, I'm pretty sure it was called Wrigleyville then.