PDA

View Full Version : Boras clients ready to sign

Jjav829
12-13-2004, 07:39 AM
Scott Boras is saying that he has one client definitely ready to sign today, and possibly two. It could be Millwood, but is there any way Boras shocks us and announces a Beltran signing?

Link (http://www.detnews.com/2004/tigers/0412/13/d10-31537.htm)

santo=dorf
12-13-2004, 07:44 AM
:boston said on ESPNEWS that the Cash Man talked to Boras at the meetings and it's only the first step, and the Yanks haven't even made an offer yet.

I'll guess Detroit signs hometown boy Derek Lowe.

nitetrain8601
12-13-2004, 08:05 AM
its probably Derek Lowe to the Tigers and Kevin Millwood to the Rangers.

kittle42
12-13-2004, 10:51 AM
I'd like to see Lowe sign with the Tigers. After all, Detroit is a huge-market team in the ultra financially competetive AL central division. You have to expect them to make huge splashes in the free agent market.

santo=dorf
12-13-2004, 11:11 AM
I'd like to see Lowe sign with the Tigers. After all, Detroit is a huge-market team in the ultra financially competetive AL central division. You have to expect them to make huge splashes in the free agent market.I can't get enough of Detroit opening their mouths talking about whom they are trying sign, and striking out with just about everyone.

They overpaid for Percival, and I don't even know why they signed him to begin with.
They tried to get Finley, Koskie, Kent, and Glaus, and now they said they are interested in Drew, Beltre, Beltran, and Renteria. :rolleyes:

**** the Tigers!!!

munchman33
12-13-2004, 11:20 AM
They tried to get Finley, Koskie, Kent, and Glaus, and now they said they are interested in Drew, Beltre, Beltran, and Renteria. :rolleyes:

**** the Tigers!!!
It'll be all the more funnier when Drew ends up with the flubs, Beltre with Seattle, Beltran with Houston, and Renteria with Boston. It's obvious that the players can see that the Tigers are no where near competing.

But they're a lock to finish above us with all this spending.

pearso66
12-13-2004, 11:32 AM
Scott Boras is saying that he has one client definitely ready to sign today, and possibly two. It could be Millwood, but is there any way Boras shocks us and announces a Beltran signing?

Link (http://www.detnews.com/2004/tigers/0412/13/d10-31537.htm)

I don't think we'll see a Beltran signing. Boras said he wont even take any conversation seriously unless they start of by saying hello with i offer 10 years 200 mil. I guess he's never heard of negotiating. If thats what he reportadly(sp way off) wants, and then wont think an offer is serious unless he gets that, he iis going to take beltran as a FA right up until spring training, when he figures out no one is gonna pay that. And then unfortunately, he'll probably cry collusion

gosox41
12-13-2004, 11:42 AM
I don't think we'll see a Beltran signing. Boras said he wont even take any conversation seriously unless they start of by saying hello with i offer 10 years 200 mil. I guess he's never heard of negotiating. If thats what he reportadly(sp way off) wants, and then wont think an offer is serious unless he gets that, he iis going to take beltran as a FA right up until spring training, when he figures out no one is gonna pay that. And then unfortunately, he'll probably cry collusion

Well I hope Boras enjouys talking to himself.

Bob

ChiWhiteSox1337
12-13-2004, 07:49 PM
Jose Hernandez signed with the Indians today, so Boras did have a client that signed. A key acquistion in the Indians quest to win the 2005 AL Central championship.

MUsoxfan
12-13-2004, 07:57 PM
Jose Hernandez signed with the Indians today, so Boras did have a client that signed. A key acquistion in the Indians quest to win the 2005 AL Central championship.
With Adam Dunn's "achievement" last year of almost 200k's, Jose has to put in that extra effort to set the all time single season mark.