PDA

View Full Version : C Mike Matheny to sign with Giants...

Jabroni
12-13-2004, 02:00 AM
http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?sport=MLB&id=5205Latest News Dec. 13, 2004 - 1:19 am et

According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Mike Matheny and the Giants have agreed to terms on a three-year, $9 million contract.

Ugly. The 34-year-old Matheny is declining defensively and he's never been any good offensively. Even if A.J. Pierzynski was no longer an option, the Giants probably would have been better off starting Yorvit Torrealba than paying Matheny $3 million per year.

Source: St. Louis Post-DispatchWow, talk about overpaying. :o: I guess Pierzynski is on the trading block. Would you guys be interested in trading for this hated ex-Twin catcher? :cool: They need an outfielder but I doubt they would take Everett for Pierzynski.

santo=dorf
12-13-2004, 02:06 AM
What a ripoff!!

3 years for Miller, now 3 years for Matheny? Can we get Fisk to come back on a one year deal?

The Giants are trying to trade A.J because, get this, he's being an ass about a new contract. He might be non-tendered.

Jabroni
12-13-2004, 02:09 AM
What a ripoff!!

3 years for Miller, now 3 years for Matheny? Can we get Fisk to come back on a one year deal?

The Giants are trying to trade A.J because, get this, he's being an ass about a new contract. He might be non-tendered.A.J. is currently under contract for 2005, isn't he? I thought they want to trade him because of his rumored clubhouse problems and lowered production in his first season in the N.L. last year?

santo=dorf
12-13-2004, 02:10 AM
He's currently under contract for 2005 isn't he? I thought they want to trade him because of his rumored clubhouse problems and lowered production in his first season in the N.L. last year?
He's arbitration eligible.

Jabroni
12-13-2004, 02:12 AM
He's arbitration eligible.Well, it's too bad he's such a jag-bag. He's one of the few catchers that can actually hit. I wouldn't mind his talent on the Sox, just not his attitude. :(: