PDA

View Full Version : Releasing of Wright--Precursor to a move?

ChiWhiteSox1337
12-13-2004, 01:34 AM
This is just pure speculation but do you think this may be a sign that the white sox might sign another player or trade for someone? I'm just bringing it up because there are many deals going on at this point in the offseason. I'm being optimistic but I don't know why'd they release Wright right now if they didn't have a reason to do so at this point in the offseason.

pearso66
12-13-2004, 01:40 AM
maybe they are looking ot add someone via the rule 5 draft? I mean they need the space on the 40 man roster if they do. I dont think that I'd mind picking up a pitcher, or an infielder or something

Jabroni
12-13-2004, 01:46 AM
Maybe KW is freeing up a roster spot incase he wants to take someone in the Rule 5 Draft tomorrow. According to this article (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20041212&content_id=921526&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp), they don't expect the Sox to take anyone but who knows?

Jabroni
12-13-2004, 01:46 AM
maybe they are looking ot add someone via the rule 5 draft? I mean they need the space on the 40 man roster if they do. I dont think that I'd mind picking up a pitcher, or an infielder or somethingHehe, beat me to it. :wink:

Although, I would be impressed if it was so KW could sign Barry Larkin to play SS for us. :cool: Larkin would be dirt cheap and can still produce at the age of 40. This would allow us to keep Uribe at 2B where he looked great last year.

pearso66
12-13-2004, 01:49 AM
Hehe, beat me to it. :wink:

Although, I would be impressed if it was so KW could sign Barry Larkin to play SS for us. :cool:

I'd prefer if we signed him, to have him play 2nd or be utility. I wouldnt want to waste Uribe's arm at 2nd, but thats my oppinion

California Sox
12-13-2004, 03:06 AM
A player that would interest me is San Diego's Jake Gautreu (sp?). He's a LH-hitting 1b-3b who's also played some at 2b. He was a great hitter in college and has been decent in the minor's when not plagued by Crohn's disease or equivalent. (Real gastric distress at any rate.) He might be able to help off the bench.

bennyw41
12-13-2004, 10:11 AM
This is just pure speculation but do you think this may be a sign that the white sox might sign another player or trade for someone? I'm just bringing it up because there are many deals going on at this point in the offseason. I'm being optimistic but I don't know why'd they release Wright right now if they didn't have a reason to do so at this point in the offseason.
Maybe he sucks, thats why.

Fungo
12-13-2004, 10:50 AM
Royce Ring?

nitetrain8601
12-13-2004, 11:24 AM
Maybe he sucks, thats why.
Haha, that was my theory. Anyway, I think the orginator of this thread is over-analyzing the situation.