PDA

View Full Version : Sox view Nakamura workout

Gosox1917
12-13-2004, 12:17 AM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20041212&content_id=921526&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp

Many of you are probably wondering who this guy is. Well, he's a third baseman in Japan. KW says in the article:

"Whether or not he fits into our equation or anyone's equation, we just have to wait and see how certain things develop,"

Might we trade Crede in order to get a starting pitcher and let this guy come in and play third? Possibly. I think KW has a lot more up his sleeve than he's letting everyone believe. On that note, let the speculation begin!

DumpJerry
12-13-2004, 12:26 AM
Hmmmm............very intriguing. I like this approach. Even though it sounds like other MLB teams are bidding for this guy, I think he would want to play with a fellow countryman. So, does this mean it is between us and Seattle?

Stay tuned....and hope this guy does not have Borasssss' business card.

SoxxoS
12-13-2004, 12:27 AM
:reinsy

Hey Kenny...you were watching the video to better communicate with Shingo...not because you think we are going to sign that player, right? I thought for a second you were going to ask me to sign that guy. Ha. HaHa. HaHaHaha.

StockdaleForVeep
12-13-2004, 12:31 AM
Isnt there currently the top catcher from japan jumping to america as well? I mean, we could go for this guy so we dont solely rely on "Big" ben davis' "offensive" clout. I mean who knows, maybe he's the foreign version of a prime mike piazza.

Jabroni
12-13-2004, 12:33 AM
Isnt there currently the top catcher from japan jumping to america as well? I mean, we could go for this guy so we dont solely rely on "Big" ben davis' "offensive" clout. I mean who knows, maybe he's the foreign version of a prime mike piazza.Ummm, a Japanese catcher trying to catch for our English and Spanish-speaking pitchers? :?: Not a good idea.

I read in Sporting News magazine that KW might look to sign a backup 3rd baseman in case Crede has another crappy year. I guess this may be his man. I'm sure Nakamura can hit but the sucky thing is, like Shingo, he is old (31) since he has played in Japan for so long. Still, he seems like he has alot of power according to his career home run numbers. I wonder what his defense at 3B is like.

SomebodyToldMe
12-13-2004, 12:37 AM
Ummm, a Japanese catcher trying to catch for our Spanish-speaking pitchers? :?: Not a good idea.

hahahahahahaha

That'll be amusing.

tadscout
12-13-2004, 12:53 AM
I bet he could play first base for us if we needed him too...

SpartanSoxFan
12-13-2004, 12:58 AM
Ummm, a Japanese catcher trying to catch for our English and Spanish-speaking pitchers? :?: Not a good idea.

I read in Sporting News magazine that KW might look to sign a backup 3rd baseman in case Crede has another crappy year. I guess this may be his man. I'm sure Nakamura can hit but the sucky thing is, like Shingo, he is old (31) since he has played in Japan for so long. Still, he seems like he has alot of power according to his career home run numbers. I wonder what his defense at 3B is like.
Is the language barrier really that great of an obstacle??? After all, Shingo seemed to do well with our catchers last year.

nitetrain8601
12-13-2004, 01:30 AM
I would sign him for insurance.

humansushi
12-13-2004, 01:37 AM
I do not want this guy at all. I watch alot of Japanese ball ( as I live in Japan ) and he really isn't worth the money he's going to be asking for. He has a bit of a reputation for being an ***hole. very egotistic. This may change in the MLB as he may feel like a rookie, and a desire to prove himself. But personally I hate listening to him talk about himself so much.

Remember Shingo from the Giants and Mets? Not sure if he wants to be a movie star or ball player. Well my wife even dislikes Nakamura more than him!

Lip Man 1
12-13-2004, 11:43 AM
Unlike Shingo he is not a free agent. To get him the Sox would have to purchase his rights and offer him a deal worth far more then what they did last season with Takatsu.

Lip

SEALgep
12-13-2004, 11:46 AM
I would sign him for insurance.How much money do you think is available? You can't spend that kind of money on insurance.

SoxxoS
12-13-2004, 12:25 PM
Unlike Shingo he is not a free agent. To get him the Sox would have to purchase his rights and offer him a deal worth far more then what they did last season with Takatsu.

Lip
What do you think the chances are of this, Lip? Good, right?

StockdaleForVeep
12-13-2004, 05:19 PM
Is the language barrier really that great of an obstacle??? After all, Shingo seemed to do well with our catchers last year.
Only obstacle i ever heard was veteran catchers werent used to calling changeups for the strikeout pitch since thats shingo's main pitch. I mean, Ozzie did have mound visits with Shingo, apparently all he ever said was throw strikes.

hellenicsoxfan
12-13-2004, 06:08 PM
I think he would want to play with a fellow countryman. So, does this mean it is between us and Seattle?

Or Cleveland, if he happens to swing Tadano's way.