PDA

View Full Version : KW on The Final Word

Jjav829
12-12-2004, 09:53 PM
FYI, if you're interested in listening to Kenny, he'll be on The Final Word (10:00 CST on Fox) live from the winter meetings. We'll probably hear the same stuff, but tune in if you're interested.

SpartanSoxFan
12-12-2004, 10:11 PM
FYI, if you're interested in listening to Kenny, he'll be on The Final Word (10:00 CST on Fox) live from the winter meetings. We'll probably hear the same stuff, but tune in if you're interested.
What did he have to say? Anything of any importance?

Jjav829
12-12-2004, 10:17 PM
What did he have to say? Anything of any importance?He's on now. It isn't live. I thought I heard that. Here's my random stream of reaction. He's stepping around the RJ questions because of tampering. He says that he can't stop going after a guy with RJs talent until he is told its over. KW says he thought RJ wouldn't come to the Sox but was told otherwise. He hasn't heard anything from last nights meeting of RJ and the Dbacks. KW won't respond to Magglios comments further. Says it doesn't serve any purpose and is thankful for what Maggs gave us when he gave it to us. He was asked a question about trading Lee or Konerko and jokingly responded by asking if they were out of time. Says we have to make a trade, though it doesn't have to be those guys. He will look at everything and explore all options. Says some small trades turn out to be the best.

Corey McPheron jokingly said after the interview that KW didn't answer any of their questions and that he'd prefer a full court press of Tim Hudson. Here's to that...:gulp:

A.T. Money
12-12-2004, 10:19 PM
He's on now. It isn't live. I thought I heard that. Here's my random stream of reaction. He's stepping around the RJ questions because of tampering. He says that he can't stop going after a guy with RJs talent until he is told its over. KW says he thought RJ wouldn't come to the Sox but was told otherwise. He hasn't heard anything from last nights meeting of RJ and the Dbacks. KW won't respond to Magglios comments further. Says it doesn't serve any purpose and is thankful for what Maggs gave us when he gave it to us. He was asked question about trading Lee or Konerko and jokingly responded by asking if they were out of time. Says we have to make a trade, though it doesn't have to be those guys. He will look at everything and explore all options. Says some small trades turn out to be the best.

Corey McPheron jokingly said that KW didn't answer any of their questions and that he'd prefer a full court press of Tim Hudson. Here's to that...:gulp:
Yep, that about sums it up.

SpartanSoxFan
12-12-2004, 10:22 PM
Says some small trades turn out to be the best.

D'OH!!!!!!!!

SpartanSoxFan
12-12-2004, 10:23 PM
I guess we can forget about landing someone like a Vasquez or Sheets. :(:

rwcescato
12-12-2004, 10:25 PM
Yep, that about sums it up.
Its all the info you would expect. When a news conference is set
for anything then I will be excited. Not a whole lot happened at
the meetings this year. We will see if anything else unfolds in the next week.
I still think KW should sign Barry Larkin to fill that utilty/ss role. He
would be a good fit.
Rich

Jabroni
12-12-2004, 10:28 PM
D'OH!!!!!!!!Well, KW is right. Smaller trades can turn out great...

Matt Guerrier FOR Damaso Marte
Aaron Miles FOR Juan Uribe

Jerry_Manuel
12-12-2004, 10:31 PM
Jjav,

Did you see the 'Rant and Rave' segment where the guy from ESPN was asking where the money went from Magglio and Jose? Don't these clowns read what Kenny says?

Jjav829
12-12-2004, 10:35 PM
Jjav,

Did you see the 'Rant and Rave' segment where the guy from ESPN was asking where the money went from Magglio and Jose? Don't these clowns read what Kenny says?
Eh, Silvy is a Bears guy and a Cub fan anyway. You'd think these media people would do a little more reading, but I guess Silvy has other things to work on. Who knows...

Jabroni
12-12-2004, 10:37 PM
Eh, Silvy is a Bears guy and a Cub fan anyway. You'd think these media people would do a little more reading, but I guess Silvy has other things to work on. Who knows...How does that guy get on TV? He was a moron. He just assumed that the White Sox have money to spend and never mentioned significant raises to guys like Frank, Freddy Garcia, Contreras, etc. :rolleyes:

munchman33
12-12-2004, 10:39 PM
Eh, Silvy is a Bears guy and a Cub fan anyway. You'd think these media people would do a little more reading, but I guess Silvy has other things to work on. Who knows...
Not to mention his reasoning for having the Sox go after Hudson instead of Vasquez was because we wouldn't have to trade anything to get him. :?:

Jjav829
12-12-2004, 10:40 PM
Not to mention his reasoning for having the Sox go after Hudson instead of Vasquez was because we wouldn't have to trade anything to get him. :?:
Yeah, his reasoning was something like "Why give up Lee for Vazquez when you can just go get Hudson." :?:

SpartanSoxFan
12-12-2004, 11:15 PM
I still think KW should sign Barry Larkin to fill that utilty/ss role. He
would be a good fit.
Rich
Didn't he retire???:?:

JKryl
12-12-2004, 11:15 PM
He's on now. It isn't live. I thought I heard that. Here's my random stream of reaction. He's stepping around the RJ questions because of tampering. He says that he can't stop going after a guy with RJs talent until he is told its over. KW says he thought RJ wouldn't come to the Sox but was told otherwise. He hasn't heard anything from last nights meeting of RJ and the Dbacks. KW won't respond to Magglios comments further. Says it doesn't serve any purpose and is thankful for what Maggs gave us when he gave it to us. He was asked a question about trading Lee or Konerko and jokingly responded by asking if they were out of time. Says we have to make a trade, though it doesn't have to be those guys. He will look at everything and explore all options. Says some small trades turn out to be the best.

Corey McPheron jokingly said after the interview that KW didn't answer any of their questions and that he'd prefer a full court press of Tim Hudson. Here's to that...:gulp:
He said we have to make a trade, but did he mention any specific position?

pearso66
12-12-2004, 11:48 PM
Didn't he retire???:?:

no, he didnt retire, but I heard he wants to still start

soltrain21
12-12-2004, 11:49 PM
no, he didnt retire, but I heard he wants to still start

And with a .289 average why not?

SoxxoS
12-13-2004, 12:30 AM
If you thought KW was going to reveal ANYTHING on the Final Word:

:KW

"You don't even know me. "

Jjav829
12-13-2004, 06:42 AM
If you thought KW was going to reveal ANYTHING on the Final Word:

:KW

"You don't even know me. "Kenny never reveals specifics. If that's what you're looking for, you're not going to get it. But he hints at a lot of things and says a lot of things by not saying anything, if that makes sense.