PDA

View Full Version : Are the meetings over?

soxwon
12-12-2004, 09:02 PM
are the winter meetings over, or do they continue tommorow?

what happened to the BIG TRADE we were going to make, getting Mulder or Zito?

Brian26
12-12-2004, 09:07 PM
Kenny pulled the trade off the table when he logged onto WSI and found out that Zito is a flyball pitcher who would get killed at the Cell.

Jjav829
12-12-2004, 09:15 PM
They don't "officially" finish until the Rule 5 draft tomorrow. After that all the GMs start to trickle out.

Then again, perhaps the better question is "Did the winter meetings start yet?"

Seriously, you wanna talk about a lot of talk and no action, this has been that. Here I was expecting all these big trades and signings, and nothing has happened.

Ol' No. 2
12-12-2004, 09:20 PM
They don't "officially" finish until the Rule 5 draft tomorrow. After that all the GMs start to trickle out.

Then again, perhaps the better question is "Did the winter meetings start yet?"

Seriously, you wanna talk about a lot of talk and no action, this has been that. Here I was expecting all these big trades and signings, and nothing has happened.Not that unusual. Often there are a lot of discussions, but trades can take more time. Look for a bunch of trades to be announced over the next week that were started at the meetings.

Jjav829
12-12-2004, 09:48 PM
Not that unusual. Often there are a lot of discussions, but trades can take more time. Look for a bunch of trades to be announced over the next week that were started at the meetings.
O, I know. Usually the winter meetings are more talk than action. This years market is definitely developing slower than past years though. That's largely due to Boras dragging his feet with his clients. The sooner his clients starting falling, the faster the market falls. But with him taking his time, this will develop slower.

I wouldn't expect a bunch of trades. A lot of trade talks that start at the winter meetings never materialize. Some of the serious trade discussions carry over like I'm sure the Hudson/RJ ones will. But otherwise, we probably won't see a ton of trades.