PDA

View Full Version : New Bargain of Offseason: Orlando Hernandez!

GiveMeSox
12-12-2004, 04:44 PM
Thats right El Duque. I think we should make a push to sign this guy to a 1 or 2 year deal. Brain Cashman of the yanks was quoted say saying the his return to the yanks was "higly unlikely". That means he will hit the free agent market. I think we would be great 3 or 4 starter and probably for cheap. He made 500k last year with the yanks. He could easily be had for 2 to 3 mil or an incentive laden deal based on starts. He pithced very well before getting hurt. And you would plug our rotation hole for cheap. We could easily play the race card with Ozzie as the coach and his fellow cuban Contreras already here and happy.

MRKARNO
12-12-2004, 04:50 PM
Watch some really stupid team give him 2 years 10 million

santo=dorf
12-12-2004, 04:59 PM
Watch some really stupid team give him 2 years 10 million*cough* *cough* Mets.

California Sox
12-12-2004, 05:19 PM
Yeah, the Mets like overpriced, old talent. But if they don't up the bidding, two years 4mil for a guy who's a .500 pitcher or better and a positive influence on Contreras, it would be a great signing. Doesn't seem like we even have that much (little) money left in the budget. :(:

nitetrain8601
12-12-2004, 05:32 PM
I would definately sign him, especially if we pull off an RJ trade.

munchman33
12-12-2004, 07:07 PM
Watch some really stupid team give him 2 years 10 million
:KW
makes swooping noise
"Under the radar"

santo=dorf
12-12-2004, 07:13 PM
:KW
makes swooping noise
"Under the radar"
KW was given orders to make trades in order to improve the team. I don't think we'll be signing anymore free agents.

https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/bschalle/www/KWstealth2.jpg

GiveMeSox
12-12-2004, 07:24 PM
KW was given orders to make trades in order to improve the team. I don't think we'll be signing anymore free agents.

Key word is improve. I fail to see how everyone would agree that trading Konerko and Garland for either Vazquez or RJ, improves the team. Its taking two steps back for taking 1/2 step foward. Yes you have a better starting 4, but your still have a huge hole at #5 and also have a huge hole at 1st, both offensivly and defensivly.

chisoxmike
12-12-2004, 08:28 PM
Key word is improve. I fail to see how everyone would agree that trading Konerko and Garland for either Vazquez or RJ, improves the team. Its taking two steps back for taking 1/2 step foward. Yes you have a better starting 4, but your still have a huge hole at #5 and also have a huge hole at 1st, both offensivly and defensivly.
Thank you, I've been trying to say this for over a week now. Shell out the money Jerry!

nitetrain8601
12-13-2004, 12:16 AM
For the last time, Ross Gload is a better defensive player than Konerko at 1st. How many times does that have to be reiterated on this board?

pearso66
12-13-2004, 12:41 AM
For the last time, Ross Gload is a better defensive player than Konerko at 1st. How many times does that have to be reiterated on this board?

but is his hitting guaranteed over a whole year? He platooned last year, hitting mainly against right handers, how will he handle lefties? Granted, I'd rather trade Konerko over Lee, but it is a downgrade from pauly to gload. Pauly's D never killed us last year

nitetrain8601
12-13-2004, 12:46 AM
but is his hitting guaranteed over a whole year? He platooned last year, hitting mainly against right handers, how will he handle lefties? Granted, I'd rather trade Konerko over Lee, but it is a downgrade from pauly to gload. Pauly's D never killed us last year
I can't guarentee the hitting. I don't personally like the guy, but defensively, he is much better at 1B than Konerko. Gload's D won't kill us this year at 1B. I really don't like him though and if Paul Konerko was traded I would want us to sign a Carlos Delgado.

pearso66
12-13-2004, 12:50 AM
I can't guarentee the hitting. I don't personally like the guy, but defensively, he is much better at 1B than Konerko. Gload's D won't kill us this year at 1B. I really don't like him though and if Paul Konerko was traded I would want us to sign a Carlos Delgado.

I worry about him too, I still worry about Rowand. But if we do trade Paul, I'd rather stick Lee, or someone else at 1st. I don't really want Delgado. IIRC he has been goin downhill the past couple years, and he's gonna demand a lot of money

nitetrain8601
12-13-2004, 02:35 AM
I worry about him too, I still worry about Rowand. But if we do trade Paul, I'd rather stick Lee, or someone else at 1st. I don't really want Delgado. IIRC he has been goin downhill the past couple years, and he's gonna demand a lot of money
He was MVP the previous season. Not declining at all. I still worry about Rowand though too.