PDA

View Full Version : Kerry Wood moving to closer?

cbrownson13
12-12-2004, 12:18 PM
According to Jaysone Stark, the Cubs may be thinking about moving Kerry Wood into a closer role. A scout said that it would have John Smoltz written all over it. Wouldn't that leave a hole in their rotation? Or do people think Rusch can handle that spot another year?

Brian26
12-12-2004, 12:20 PM
That's a hell of an idea. He'll never beat Thiggy's record though.:smile:

santo=dorf
12-12-2004, 12:56 PM
The Crybaby's first inning stats:
5.73 ERA, 22 IP, WHIP 1.64, but the most improtant stat, 24 K's.

And he'll make $9.5 million next year. I hope the Cubs are stupid enough to put him in that role.

PaleHoseGeorge
12-12-2004, 01:41 PM
According to Jaysone Stark, the Cubs may be thinking about moving Kerry Wood into a closer role. A scout said that it would have John Smoltz written all over it. Wouldn't that leave a hole in their rotation? Or do people think Rusch can handle that spot another year? It will never work. Fairy Morning Wood won't ever know when is the perfect time to pop his uppers. He'll be starting fights out in the bullpen. BEWARE fans, teammates, and Andy Frains, too!

:gulp:

FormerKnight
12-12-2004, 01:58 PM
Or do people think Rusch can handle that spot another year?
They will already be using Rusch to fill Clement's spot. I doubt they would want to have another 2nd tier starter in the rotation.

DumpJerry
12-12-2004, 02:05 PM
Some of the fellas (all Sox fans, Flub haters) and me were discussing this the other day. Some thought it would be bad for the Sox (more Flub victories/saves). I said "let 'em do it. He's a bigger head case than Hawkins."

One call goes against him and he'll blow up and give up a walk-off.:D:

WhiteSoxFan84
12-12-2004, 02:08 PM
The word is either Wood or Ryan Dempster will start off as the closer. If they choose Wood, who is probably considered their ACE, Dempster will start once again.

DSpivack
12-12-2004, 09:20 PM
The word is either Wood or Ryan Dempster will start off as the closer. If they choose Wood, who is probably considered their ACE, Dempster will start once again.
So either Wood starts and Dempster closes or Dempster starts and Wood closes? :redneck:redneck:redneck

Ol' No. 2
12-12-2004, 09:22 PM
According to Jaysone Stark, the Cubs may be thinking about moving Kerry Wood into a closer role. A scout said that it would have John Smoltz written all over it. Wouldn't that leave a hole in their rotation? Or do people think Rusch can handle that spot another year?Jayson Stark has lost his mind. This has NO CHANCE written all over it.

Jabroni
12-12-2004, 09:27 PM
Jayson Stark has lost his mind. This has NO CHANCE written all over it.Agreed.

Foulke You
12-12-2004, 09:42 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't Kerry Wood known for walking a lot of guys? Not exactly a good quality to have in a closer. I think the Cubs would be pretty stupid to try that out. They must be pretty desperate too if they are even considering it.