PDA

View Full Version : Hudson to Dodgers...

ChiWhiteSox1337
12-12-2004, 03:45 AM
It's expected to be announced Sunday that the Dodgers will acquire Tim Hudson from Oakland in exchange for Edwin Jackson and Antonio Perez.

-- rotoworld.com

Would've looked good in a White Sox uni but he had a very hefty price tag and to make the deal work for the white sox, the sox would've had to sign him to an extension.

Jabroni
12-12-2004, 03:59 AM
Time to lose half of my sig. :whiner:

DSpivack
12-12-2004, 04:35 AM
Didn't someone also post that he was going to St.L?

Jabroni
12-12-2004, 05:58 AM
Didn't someone also post that he was going to St.L?That was old news. Hudson to the Dodgers just came out early Sunday morning.

Jjav829
12-12-2004, 08:06 AM
Damnit! :angry:

I'm blaming this on Jabroni. If we don't get any pitchers this offseason, we can call it the curse of Jabroni.:D: Seriously though, get rid of your entire sig. No one single player that has had a picture created with a Sox cap before they became has Sox has managed to find their way onto the team.

It is starting to look like we're screwed. Huddy is gone. Clement seems close to going to the Angels. It looks like the Yankees may find a way to acquire RJ while also trading Vazquez to the Marlins, screwing us on both ends. What's left? Odalis Perez. That's it. Odalis Perez or bust. This really sucks.

MRKARNO
12-12-2004, 09:35 AM
It is starting to look like we're screwed. Huddy is gone. Clement seems close to going to the Angels. It looks like the Yankees may find a way to acquire RJ while also trading Vazquez to the Marlins, screwing us on both ends. What's left? Odalis Perez. That's it. Odalis Perez or bust. This really sucks.
First of all I wouldnt be certain that any of those deals are necessarily going to go down. Remember how imminent the RJ to the Yankees rumors were earlier before the whole thing collapsed? Kenny Williams will find us a good starter, I'm sure of it. The only questions are how good? Will it be PK or Lee that goes? Will we need to include Garland and/or Brian Anderson? and will the deal clear up any room on the payroll to sign more FAs?

nitetrain8601
12-12-2004, 12:06 PM
Looks like Vazquez to the Marlins is getting closer. Yankees are said to probably include 10 million and either Felix Rodriguez or Brad Halsey to make it work.

nitetrain8601
12-12-2004, 12:07 PM
Told ya Jabroni. It's a curse. Put Odalis Perez on there or something.

ChiWhiteSox1337
12-12-2004, 12:21 PM
Well, there is some good news, apparently it's not completely done yet.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20041212&content_id=921387&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp

Brian26
12-12-2004, 01:34 PM
Edwin Jackson might be the most sought-after prospect in the past 10 years.

WhiteSoxFan84
12-12-2004, 02:03 PM
It's starting to come out that this is a completely false rumor. Hudson and his agent already shut the idea down, although they maybe covering up a almost complete deal, but supposedly some Oakland staff members were completely shocked when they heard about this.

What the hell is the Contra Coast Times anyway?

California Sox
12-12-2004, 04:26 PM
What the hell is the Contra Coast Times anyway? Small paper in OC. Maybe they ought to stick to Angels coverage.

FarWestChicago
12-12-2004, 04:40 PM
Small paper in OC. Maybe they ought to stick to Angels coverage.Actually, they should stick to A's coverage. Contra Costa county is in the Bay Area. The Contra Costa Times is a pretty good paper and they are known for their sports coverage.

DSpivack
12-12-2004, 09:18 PM
That was old news. Hudson to the Dodgers just came out early Sunday morning.
Rumors come, rumors go. Seems silly to speculate on said player going to said team for said other player/prospect, unless the deal is actually done. Otherwise this just gets tiresome. Yet I'm guilty, too, so I guess I'm a hypocrite.