PDA

View Full Version : Thomas out till June?

StockdaleForVeep
12-11-2004, 11:54 PM
I forget when or where i heard this(within the past 24 hours) but i heard Frank's supposed to be out till June, any confirmation on this, also, looks like we gonna have a nigh similar offense as of last season, even after frank comes back. I just hope PK doesnt fall back in his hitting .200 hole.

Jjav829
12-11-2004, 11:58 PM
Ozzie has been saying that he doesn't expect Frank back until June. He also acknowledged though that he isn't Frank or a doctor, so perhaps he isn't the best judge of when Frank will be back. At this time, I think it has to be assumed that Frank will miss the first part of the season.

MRKARNO
12-12-2004, 12:01 AM
And Kenny Williams has openly contradicted Ozzie's assessment:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20041211&content_id=921136&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp

Williams expects Frank Thomas to be ready at some point during Spring Training, as he continues his recovery from October surgery on a fractured navicular in his left ankle. Trainer Herm Schneider said Friday night that Thomas would be examined early this week and could have his cast replaced by a walking boot so he could begin light rehabilitation. Manager Ozzie Guillen didn't seem quite as optimistic where Thomas was concerned. Guillen made an off-the-cuff comment Friday that he didn't expect Thomas back until June, but he stood by his assessment on Saturday afternoon.

Guillen's analysis was based on a gut feeling more than any sort of medical proof.

"To me, Frank still has the cast on and he hasn't hit for a little while. It will be a long way for him to rehab," Guillen said. "Hopefully he will be ready by Spring Training because I need Frank. With the way the injury is going right now, I said by June. But I'm not Hermie. I'm not Frank Thomas. I'm not the doctor. That's what I assume.

"I have to prepare myself and my team without Frank for those days. That's why we have to get ready to have the team without him. Hopefully, he shows up earlier and he will be welcome to be back in the lineup."

StockdaleForVeep
12-12-2004, 12:32 AM
And Kenny Williams has openly contradicted Ozzie's assessment:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20041211&content_id=921136&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp

I do like what this organization did and defended frank the second they said he'd need surgery cuz it didnt heal on its own. Normally, and especially for Frank, everyone would jump on him for this, but the organization stated, they told frank to try and heal on its own and was wrong.

Jabroni
12-12-2004, 04:19 AM
White Sox | Big Hurt Will Be Hurt Until June - from www.KFFL.com
Sat, 11 Dec 2004 23:56:41 -0800

The Chicago Sun-Times' Doug Padilla reports Chicago White Sox DH Frank Thomas (foot) may not be at full strength until June at the earliest.:whiner:

MRKARNO
12-12-2004, 09:17 AM
:whiner:
Padilla is reporting about Ozzie's comments, not KW's comments if you read the article I quoted above (which is the same thing which was said in the Sun Times.

SoxBoy14
12-12-2004, 09:56 AM
Please don't give me the "Sky is Falling" response but I have a concern that Frank will ever be the player he was before the injury for these reasons: 1) he hits off his front [injured] foot; and 2) he's a giant man with a foot injury. Bill Walton and Sam Bowie two NBA big men never recovered from foot injuries because of their size. The repetitive pounding eventually causes more injuries and pain. I love the Big Blurt but I have my doubts that he's ever bringing 40-110 to the table ever again.

MRKARNO
12-12-2004, 09:59 AM
Please don't give me the "Sky is Falling" response but I have a concern that Frank will ever be the player he was before the injury for these reasons: 1) he hits off his front [injured] foot; and 2) he's a giant man with a foot injury. Bill Walton and Sam Bowie two NBA big men never recovered from foot injuries because of their size. The repetitive pounding eventually causes more injuries and pain. I love the Big Blurt but I have my doubts that he's ever bringing 40-110 to the table ever again.
Thomas recovered from his 2001 injury to produce his 2003 season, which was a very good one. He might be slow to get back in rhythm, but I think Thomas still has some good years left in him.

munchman33
12-12-2004, 10:05 AM
I don't know who to believe about Frank, but I will say this: If Kenny believes Frank will not be ready until June, he should reassess whether he wants to trade one of our bats.

JKryl
12-12-2004, 11:21 PM
I do like what this organization did and defended frank the second they said he'd need surgery cuz it didnt heal on its own. Normally, and especially for Frank, everyone would jump on him for this, but the organization stated, they told frank to try and heal on its own and was wrong.
And, all this time, I've been blaming Frank for waiting so long. I think we need to find what idiot told him to wait until the end of the season for surgery, when the recovery time is expected to be t6 months, and let HIM go.

beckett21
12-12-2004, 11:28 PM
And, all this time, I've been blaming Frank for waiting so long. I think we need to find what idiot told him to wait until the end of the season for surgery, when the recovery time is expected to be t6 months, and let HIM go. Since you seem to know so much about medicine, then maybe you can take the idiot's place. :rolleyes: