PDA

View Full Version : The Bargain of the offseason=Odalis Perez?

MRKARNO
12-12-2004, 12:53 AM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/baseball/marlins/sfl-marlins12dec12,0,6614878.story?coll=sfla-sports-marlins

Another name linked to the Marlins was free-agent left-hander Odalis Perez. While the Marlins have legitimate interest, Perez may prove too costly. The Dodgers offered him arbitration, meaning he would cost the Marlins the 16th overall pick in next year's draft.

The Washington Nationals reportedly offered Perez, 27, a three-year deal for about $18 million. He is thought to be seeking something more in line with the contracts given Jon Lieber, Jaret Wright and Kris Benson (three years in the $21 million range).
Only 7 million a year in this market for Perez? He is easily worth more than any of those three pitchers and is probably as good or better than Clement and Pavano (yes I mean it). I hate to have to put this in the Talking Baseball and not the Sox forum because I've been saying all along the Sox should sign this guy, but it looks highly unlikely. He will be the bargain of this offseason for sure. This really pisses me off. Got an extra 7 million Jerry? I promise it will be worth it.

StockdaleForVeep
12-12-2004, 03:51 AM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/baseball/marlins/sfl-marlins12dec12,0,6614878.story?coll=sfla-sports-marlins

Only 7 million a year in this market for Perez? He is easily worth more than any of those three pitchers and is probably as good or better than Clement and Pavano (yes I mean it). I hate to have to put this in the Talking Baseball and not the Sox forum because I've been saying all along the Sox should sign this guy, but it looks highly unlikely. He will be the bargain of this offseason for sure. This really pisses me off. Got an extra 7 million Jerry? I promise it will be worth it.

I dont want a pitcher who cant hit the broadside of a watercooler with a bat on a team that goes through horrible sagas of corpseball, odalis could potentially ruin our hitting even more.

Jabroni
12-12-2004, 05:15 AM
I dont want a pitcher who cant hit the broadside of a watercooler with a bat on a team that goes through horrible sagas of corpseball, odalis could potentially ruin our hitting even more.What? :?: :?: :?:

Jjav829
12-12-2004, 09:09 AM
I dont want a pitcher who cant hit the broadside of a watercooler with a bat on a team that goes through horrible sagas of corpseball, odalis could potentially ruin our hitting even more.
Wrong Perez. Carlos Perez was the one who insanely attacked a water cooler.