PDA

View Full Version : Detroit offers four-year deal to J.D. Drew...

Jabroni
12-11-2004, 09:08 PM
Detroit offers four-year deal to Drew"
http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/7988914
One major-league executive said Saturday that the Tigers have offered Drew a four-year, $36 million package.:whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

nitetrain8601
12-11-2004, 09:11 PM
Reinsdorf has to do this. Detroit if I'm correct has the same GM that put the 97 Marlins together. I honestly think of KW was given the green light, he could do much better.

Jabroni
12-11-2004, 09:15 PM
Reinsdorf has to do this. Detroit if I'm correct has the same GM that put the 97 Marlins together. I honestly think of KW was given the green light, he could do much better.We aren't going to sign another outfielder now after Dye. I still don't understand why Detroit isn't signing a starting pitcher. They're rotation is their problem, not their lineup. :?:

I definately think Drew is going to want more than $9 million a year though.

Soxzilla
12-11-2004, 09:30 PM
We aren't going to sign another outfielder now after Dye. I still don't understand why Detroit isn't signing a starting pitcher. They're rotation is their problem, not their lineup. :?:

I definately think Drew is going to want more than $9 million a year though.
Nobody else is going to give him 4 years, though.

Brian26
12-11-2004, 09:32 PM
Unbelievable. Where does Detroit get the money? Are they trying to load up because they have the ASG this year?

samram
12-11-2004, 09:43 PM
Unbelievable. Where does Detroit get the money? Are they trying to load up because they have the ASG this year?
Remember that Ilitch isn't paying the Red Wings right now, so he has some extra cash.

Jjav829
12-11-2004, 09:50 PM
No surprise. I figured he'd end up there. They lost out on Pavano. I gotta think they're gonna go after Lowe.

mike squires
12-13-2004, 12:51 AM
4 years is ridiculous! No way would I sign that guy for 4 years. To risky with his injuries. It's only a matter of time before teams stop offerin long term contracts.