PDA

View Full Version : MLB Hot Stove/Winter Meetings Rumors according to ESPNEWS: (12/11/04)

Rocklive99
12-11-2004, 06:15 PM
-Jaret Wright failed his physical, several possibilities, Yanks could void his contract and send him back to the FA market, or they could renegotiate
- Red Sox have a deal with Edgar Renteria pending a physical
- Yankees and Carl Pavano in exclusive talks and are very close
- Good chance that Beltran will go back to Houston, with the only other option right now being NY

Nick@Nite
12-11-2004, 06:28 PM
-Jaret Wright failed his physical, several possibilities, Yanks could void his contract and send him back to the FA market, or they could renegotiatehmmm...

- Red Sox have a deal with Edgar Renteria pending a physicalwhatever

- Yankees and Carl Pavano in exclusive talks and are very closeBirds of a feather

- Good chance that Beltran will go back to Houston, with the only other option right now being NYRojah is thinking, hmmm...

NonetheLoaiza
12-11-2004, 06:35 PM
the news about wright is about the only thing that surprises me. he just seems like too much of a risk for a team to shell out 7 mm +.

SomebodyToldMe
12-11-2004, 06:37 PM
Out of those four rumors, the Yanks are mentioned 3 times. Oh if we had the money like that.

munchman33
12-11-2004, 07:17 PM
Out of those four rumors, the Yanks are mentioned 3 times. Oh if we had the money like that.
Every fan of every other team is thinking the same thing.

Jjav829
12-11-2004, 07:58 PM
Nothing really new at this point. These winter meetings have been pretty uneventful. A lot of talk, but not much action to this point. The few things that have happened have been speculated for a while. About the only surprise so far has been Kolb being traded to the Braves. Not that I didn't think Kolb would be traded, but I figured that the Cubs would be the team acquiring him.

munchman33
12-11-2004, 08:03 PM
Nothing really new at this point. These winter meetings have been pretty uneventful. A lot of talk, but not much action to this point. The few things that have happened have been speculated for a while. About the only surprise so far has been Kolb being traded to the Braves. Not that I didn't think Kolb would be traded, but I figured that the Cubs would be the team acquiring him.
And Renterria to the Bosox just happened.

Jjav829
12-11-2004, 08:09 PM
And Renterria to the Bosox just happened.
I don't consider that anything really new. I always thought that he'd end up there if the Cardinals didn't give him the money he wanted. The Cards want Cabrera and Polanco now to shore up the middle of their infield.

chisoxmike
12-11-2004, 08:15 PM
I'd like to see Beltran back with the Astros, and not for my own selfish, 'keep him out of the AL so he won't kill us' reasons. I think that would be the best fit for him, a team that will contend which he would be the star of the team in.

soxwon
12-11-2004, 08:37 PM

nobody wants to play for the CUBS lol

ChiWhiteSox1337
12-11-2004, 08:51 PM
I'd like to see Beltran back with the Astros, and not for my own selfish, 'keep him out of the AL so he won't kill us' reasons. I think that would be the best fit for him, a team that will contend which he would be the star of the team in. And once(hopefully) he signs with the Astros, Roger Clemens will join him to defeat and prevent the Evil Empire from winning the NL Central or the Wildcard. :smile:

Brian26
12-11-2004, 09:40 PM
-- Good chance that Beltran will go back to Houston, with the only other option right now being NY
As long as the north side crybabies don't get them, this is beautiful.

Brian26
12-11-2004, 09:41 PM
And once(hopefully) he signs with the Astros, Roger Clemens will join him to defeat and prevent the Evil Empire from winning the NL Central or the Wildcard. :smile:
Yep- make that Central as tough as possible to win. You and I are on the same page.