PDA

View Full Version : Tribe makes trade , offer to Clement

tanko
12-11-2004, 03:00 PM
Arthur Rhodes to the tribe for Matt Lawton.I think this as a bad deal for Cleveland.Also Cleveland trying to acquire Clement.

SomebodyToldMe
12-11-2004, 04:23 PM
Arthur Rhodes to the tribe for Matt Lawton.I think this as a bad deal for Cleveland.Also Cleveland trying to acquire Clement.
I'm happy...Lawton's gone so we don't have to worry about him anymore.

MRKARNO
12-11-2004, 05:24 PM
Terrible trade for Cleveland. Rhodes is past his time of being good and/or useful. Lawton will be a solid hitter if he stays healthy in Pittsburgh.

NonetheLoaiza
12-11-2004, 05:31 PM
unless lawton was terrible in the clubhouse, this trade definitely favors pittsburgh. rhodes performed terribly last year. 5.12 ERA, 1.73 WHIP, with a BAA of .293. thats not too good.

very kochesque

santo=dorf
12-11-2004, 05:31 PM
I'm happy...Lawton's gone so we don't have to worry about him anymore.I'm more ecstatic about potentially facing Arthur "Rocky" Rhodes 19 times a year. :gulp:

Soxzilla
12-11-2004, 09:29 PM
It's a good and bad deal. Good for the tribe because this help solidifies that weak sauce bullpen they had last year, the reason Rhodes was so rocky last year is because Oakland tried to make him a closer ... and that didn't work. He should be a decent late-inning guy with Howry, and hopefully take some of that pressure off the Big Bob's for cleveland.

It's a bad trade because Lawton is a much more talented player than Rhodes ... but you have to give some to get some. This may mean that Cleveland could be a possible suitor for Magglio ... which would be interesting.

Brian26
12-11-2004, 09:30 PM
Wow, I'm surprised Pittsburgh turned Rhodes around so quickly. I wonder if that was intentional- ie did they plan on doing that all along?

Jabroni
12-11-2004, 09:41 PM
Wow, I'm surprised Pittsburgh turned Rhodes around so quickly. I wonder if that was intentional- ie did they plan on doing that all along?They probably had it planned. The Pirates needed another outfielder and leadoff man after trading Kendall.

Kendall for Redman & Rhodes didn't look that good but Kendall for Redman and Lawton looks alot better.