PDA

View Full Version : Pavano to sign with yanks.

GiveMeSox
12-11-2004, 02:56 PM
This from rotoworld.

The New York Post and the Newark Star-Ledger are reporting that the Yankees and Carl Pavano are near an agreement on a four-year, $42 million contract.
We'll see. It wouldn't be surprising if this ends up at five years before all is said and done. The Tigers are already there. Dec. 11 - 4:40 am et

Wow thats 10.5 mil a year for pavano. I cant believe guys like Lieber, Ortiz, Bensen and such got anything near that. Those guys are getting like 7 to 8 mil a year and a guy like pavano is gonna get around 10. Jees!!

WhiteSoxFan84
12-11-2004, 03:05 PM
The market is pathetic this year. Too many teams are overpaying for 1 year performances (Jaret Wright, Carl Pavano, probably Adrian Beltre).

Nick@Nite
12-11-2004, 03:07 PM
I thought this guy wanted nothing to do with NYC? :?:

mdep524
12-11-2004, 03:13 PM
That's what I thought too. I guess money talks. :o:

HomeFish
12-11-2004, 03:17 PM
From what I heard, his mother is a big-time Yankee fan.

Nick@Nite
12-11-2004, 03:24 PM
That's what I thought too. I guess money talks. :o:Yeah, Pavano's no Jermaine Dye. :(:

From what I heard, his mother is a big-time Yankee fan.I'll be the first to admit I'm a momma's boy, but enoughs enough... if my Mom had her way I'd be parading around clean shaven, in a damned pink dress. C'mon Carl, say it ain't so!

ilsox7
12-11-2004, 03:40 PM
Pavano grew up a Yankees fan. His mom and sister bought Yankee rings before Thanksgiving. Not much of a surprise.

Nick@Nite
12-11-2004, 04:03 PM
Pavano grew up a Yankees fan. His mom and sister bought Yankee rings before Thanksgiving. Not much of a surprise.Maybe I'm confusing Pavano with someone else, but I thought his story was that he dated Alyssa Milano but broke up with her because she craved the white hot spotlight that comes with NYC, and that he didn't want that level of scrutiny.

Oh well. :dunno:

ilsox7
12-11-2004, 04:12 PM
Maybe I'm confusing Pavano with someone else, but I thought his story was that he dated Alyssa Milano but broke up with her because she craved the white hot spotlight that comes with NYC, and that he didn't want that level of scrutiny.

Oh well. :dunno:
That was Pavano but that wasn't really the story. There was a story on espn.com a couple weeks back about all of this. Essentially he went on a few dates with her and was photographed and in the tabloids. At the time he was "on a break" with his girlfriend. He really wanted to be back with her and that's why the Milano thing was so bad. They are in Canada together now deciding which team.