PDA

View Full Version : Downey: .....don't buy Maggs' sob story

Mickster
12-11-2004, 11:08 AM
Excellent ARTICLE (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-041210downey,1,5615645.story). :thumbsup:

Lip Man 1
12-11-2004, 01:56 PM
This has come up on some other threads. I find it interesting that when Downey is criticle of the Sox he is, in the words of some of our community a 'lazy dumbass,' but when he takes the side that they believe in suddenly he's O.K.

Consistency people....a member of the media can't be 'good' only when he or she says something you like.

Lip

FarWestChicago
12-11-2004, 02:06 PM
Consistency people....a member of the media can't be 'good' only when he or she says something you like.

LipLMFAO!! Perhaps the most hypocritical statement you have ever made. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

:moron

What are you talking about, West? Lip's always got my back!

Sox Mobile
12-11-2004, 02:13 PM
This has come up on some other threads. I find it interesting that when Downey is criticle of the Sox he is, in the words of some of our community a 'lazy dumbass,' but when he takes the side that they believe in suddenly he's O.K.

Lip
Magglio twisted the knife in the heart of this Sox fan, and I appreiciate someone in the Chicago media voicing what alot of Sox fans are thinking.

doublem23
12-11-2004, 02:15 PM

LipWell, I can't speak for the numerous posts in this thread saying Downey is a good guy, but I'm not bitter or prejudice enough to slam everything written by Downey or some other writers. Hey, sometimes people get the facts right and write something pretty solid; I'm not at all ashamed to pat a guy on the back and say, "good job," when he deserves it.

That said, when Downey writes one of his fluffly crap pieces (which occur about 99% of time time), I'll say Downey is a douchebag.

Ever heard of judging based on performance and not expectation? :?:

munchman33
12-11-2004, 02:48 PM

LipNo Lip, he's 'good' when he starts telling it like it is, and callin' people rightfully out. He called out Gagglio for being a tool, and called out the Tribune company, for their treatment of the Dye signing.

If Jay Moronnatti did that, I'd be giving him his props too. Thankfully, telling the truth is beyond Moronatti's comprehension, so I won't ever be put in that difficult predicament.

:moron

"It's only the truth if you spin it just right."

Nick@Nite
12-11-2004, 03:43 PM
In the article, I couldn't help but notice the did you see Mia Hamm played her final game of soccer in a jersey with "Garciaparra" on the back quote.

Does this mean Nomar will have "Hamm" on the back of his jersey come opening day?

steff
12-11-2004, 05:53 PM

Lip

Well.. if that aint the pot calling the kettle black I don't know what is. :D:

FarWestChicago
12-11-2004, 06:07 PM
Well.. if that aint the pot calling the kettle black I don't know what is. :D::thumbsup:

jabrch
12-11-2004, 06:37 PM
Well.. if that aint the pot calling the kettle black I don't know what is. :D:

Shocker...

Whitesox029
12-11-2004, 08:05 PM
I don't have much of an issue with Downey. He seems more fair than Morrissey or Bayless or Moronotti. Good article--he said exactly what I was thinking.

thepaulbowski
12-12-2004, 01:11 AM

Lip
:roflmao: Funniest thing I've heard all day.

Jabroni
12-12-2004, 01:21 AM

LipSome HAS TO make this quote their sig! It's so hypocritical and funny I can't even believe it! :D:

Dan H
12-12-2004, 08:22 AM
Downey is one of the worst columnists in the city. Once in a while he makes a good point. This isn't one of those times. I hardly read him and most of the time just skip over him completely.

munchman33
12-12-2004, 08:45 AM
lol

downey is totally just feeding you fools.

and you're eating it up.

pathetic.
Why shouldn't we? If someone understands what we're going through, then why deny yourself? Embrace it.