PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel about Magglio right now

MRKARNO
12-11-2004, 10:29 AM
TIme to take the WSI temperature about Maggs

Flight #24
12-11-2004, 10:33 AM
Just IMO, but while I'm extremely disappointed, I have a suspicion that Maggs career may be over (or significantly curtailed). If true, this was a desperate act by a desperate man who had a bright future taken away from him suddenly and was basically flailing around to try and reclaim some bit of it.

In that case, I feel sorry for him more than having any dislike.

DumpJerry
12-11-2004, 10:37 AM
I think Flight is correct about the future prospects of Magg's playing career. Every doc I've talked with has said that, based on the media reports, they feel he will never play baseball again. If he is unable to play again, then I feel sorry for the guy, but not angry since we could not have used him anyway. I hope the Flubs sign him to a huge contract only to see him on the DL all season. That'll teach 'em.

samram
12-11-2004, 10:37 AM
I voted neutral. It was a business decision on both sides. Maggs thinks he's worth X and the Sox can't commit to that without more information, which Maggs and Boras don't want to divulge. I can't blame either side for protecting their interests. At this point, though, I think any team would be wary of giving him more than 2 years, especially since he seems to have canceled his workouts scheduled for this weekend.

SoxBoy14
12-11-2004, 10:38 AM
Can we quit spending time on this? Maggs screwed up. It's a business. Ask Kevin Bell. Maggs has likely made well over $15,000,000 over the course of his career with the Sox. You're not gonna find Maggs living under an underpass like JR Richard. Good riddance. Bye bye. Can we focus on putting pressure on management to do the right thing and pick up Mulder and give us a chance to win in 2005? This is the type of discussion JR likes. It shifts the focus to a dead issue [e.g. the last minute offer to Alex Fernandez that JR knew he wouldn't accept.] where it should be on management making us better. Bye Maggs. l

ja1022
12-11-2004, 10:56 AM
Maggs has likely made well over $15,000,000 over the course of his career with the Sox. l
Magglio's salary in his seven plus years here exceeded $30 million.