PDA

View Full Version : Jim Bowden - put down the crack pipe!!!

Flight #24
12-11-2004, 07:45 AM
From Rotoworld:
Esteban Loaiza may get the three-year deal he's seeking from the Nationals, TSN's Ken Rosenthal reports.
It's looking like Washington GM Jim Bowden won't have the money to sign Odalis Perez, and Loaiza is a valid fallback option. We can't imagine even he would really go to three years to bring in the 2004 bust, but two years could be a possibility. According to Rosenthal, Loaiza is also receiving interest from the Indians, Dodgers, Red Sox and Mets. The first two probably have more than the last two. Dec. 10 - 10:11 pm et
Obviously it would depend on the $$$, but were people just not paying attention last year?

:?:

gosox41
12-11-2004, 09:19 AM
From Rotoworld:

Obviously it would depend on the $$$, but were people just not paying attention last year?

:?:

Boggles my mind how dumb some GM's can be. I don't know why anyone would sign Loaiza for 3 years unless it was non-guaranteed or really cheap.

Bob

34 Inch Stick
12-11-2004, 12:58 PM
If I were MLB owners I would have someone talk to Bowden immediately. You don't make a team attractive for selling by saddling the new owner with bad, long term contracts.

munchman33
12-11-2004, 02:01 PM
Bowden prides himself on finding pitching bargains by signing former aces with injury problems to long, low-paying contracts, giving them a chance to both help his team and revitalize their careers. This doesn't surprise me, and its a reasonably sound investment.

:reinsy
"Kenny, take a note."

:KW
"Already got it boss. And they thought we wouldn't have a fifth starter. Everyone, I'd like to introduce you to our new fifth starter."

:jaime
"El gasolino is back!"