PDA

View Full Version : What infield would you rather see?

NowBatting19
12-11-2004, 12:42 AM
I'm confident that Kenny will piece together a solid team with his vision, but I want to know what you all think if the Sox did make a trade or signing along these lines. And if nothing, accept the infield as it is.

Nothing......
3B Crede
SS Uribe
2B Harris
1B Konerko

Konerko Traded....

3B Crede
SS Uribe
2B Harris
1B Gload

Crede/Lee Traded (Don't want to see Lee go unless traded for Hudson, but magically sign Renteria and get something respectable for Crede). Although, I'm once again optimistic for Crede.

3B Uribe
SS Renteria
2B Harris
1B Konerko

(Assuming Uribe could handle third all year)

***Where do you all stand?

Jabroni
12-11-2004, 12:49 AM
Honestly, I don't think we will sign any starting infielder or outfielder regardless of whether or not we trade Konerko or Lee.

If Konerko is traded, our infield will look like this...

1B Ross Gload
2B Willie Harris
3B Joe Crede
SS Juan Uribe

If we Lee is traded, our outfield will look like this...

LF Carl Everett
CF Aaron Rowand
RF Jermaine Dye

dcb33
12-11-2004, 12:56 AM
Honestly, I don't think we will sign any starting infielder or outfielder regardless of whether or not we trade Konerko or Lee.

If Konerko is traded, our infield will look like this...

1B Ross Gload
2B Willie Harris
3B Joe Crede
SS Juan Uribe

If we Lee is traded, our outfield will look like this...

LF Carl Everett
CF Aaron Rowand
RF Jermaine Dye
Any infield starting Willie Harris and Ross Gload is going to be ugly.

chisox06
12-11-2004, 12:59 AM
Any infield starting Willie Harris and Ross Gload is going to be ugly.
Ross Gload is an excellent first baseman, an improvement over Konerko. Harris can handle his own. It's the offensive side that I would be worried about, not the defense.

NowBatting19
12-11-2004, 01:13 AM
Can we trade Lee for Hudson.....Crede and Everett for Carl Crawford...jk....or am I? :rolleyes:

Jabroni
12-11-2004, 01:19 AM
Can we trade Lee for Hudson.....Crede and Everett for Carl Crawford...jk....or am I? :rolleyes:Hudson would probably cost more than just Lee. We may need to throw in some prospects. Crede is cheap but not exactly that desirable after having a crappy season last year. And there's no way the Devil Rays would want Everett making $4 million. Their entire payroll is only $30 million. :D: I don't see what the Devil Rays have to gain in trading an extremely productive and cheap outfielder like Crawford.

NowBatting19
12-11-2004, 01:27 AM
aahhh...it's a refreshing dream though!:wink:

dcb33
12-11-2004, 01:48 AM
Ross Gload is an excellent first baseman, an improvement over Konerko. Harris can handle his own. It's the offensive side that I would be worried about, not the defense.
It's the offense that worries me with those two as well. I'm not worried about their defense.
I don't think Konerko will be moved if Frank is not healthy for opening day because then who would DH? Crazy Carl? Perhaps the Sox will make Gload the starting DH, and if he does well there move him to 1B after Frank gets back, start Frank at DH, and trade Konerko midway through the season. That would seem like a move right up KW's alley..

MUsoxfan
12-11-2004, 03:18 AM
Any way we go, we need to get the G-Load getting alot more playing time at 1B. I'd rather Paulie a DH than Everett any day

Troupis
12-11-2004, 07:57 AM
My Perfect Infield After Trades/Acquisitions:

1st Base: FRANK THOMAS

His added average is worth the little lesser fielding when he plays this, plus it makes him more hall of fame eligible!
2nd Base: PLACIDO POLANCO

He's a free agent that no one talks about, but the guy never strikes out! and is better than any middle infielder we have in the field and at the plate.
Short Stop: JUAN URIBE

Willie Harris doesn't get extra base hits and is not superior enough at short to justify his one-dimension (speed) being an everyday player. THIS IS ALSO A POSITION WE COULD UPGRADE IF IN CONTENTION HALF-WAY.
If we had to dump Lee and Garland to make RENTERIA affordable, it would be worth ever cent.

3rd Base: ROBIN VENTURA/JOE CREDE (Ventura is available!!! :) )

Play who's hotter; at the plate not in good looks.

Jjav829
12-11-2004, 10:04 AM
My Perfect Infield After Trades/Acquisitions:

1st Base: FRANK THOMAS

His added average is worth the little lesser fielding when he plays this, plus it makes him more hall of fame eligible!
Frank's days at first base are done. He might not even play in the first few months. No way he'll be playing the field.

2nd Base: PLACIDO POLANCO

He's a free agent that no one talks about, but the guy never strikes out! and is better than any middle infielder we have in the field and at the plate.
Actually, plenty of us here have talked about Polanco and I think there's an agreement among many people here that Polanco would be the best option at 2nd base. He'll likely be too expensive for the Sox, though.

RDubbs1906
12-11-2004, 10:30 AM
I am going to go with

1b gload
2b uribe
ss renteria
3b crede

which wont happen so here is plan s

1b gload
2b polanco
ss uribe
3b crede

I think Polanco has a good upside. He might be able to lead off pushing rowand down in the order where he can hit some runs in.

bafiarocks03
12-11-2004, 12:18 PM
It's gonna be.......

1B-Konerko!
2B-Harris!
SS-Uribe!
3B-Crede!

mdep524
12-11-2004, 12:24 PM
Polanco is the best thing the Sox can do for their infield right now (barring some completely unexpected and unrealistic play of Renteria). He's got a good glove, and a solid if unspectacular bat. I hope KW is still working on this.