PDA

View Full Version : Interesting comment about "performance enhancing drugs" issue

cbrownson13
12-11-2004, 12:42 AM
I was watching the Baseball Tonight Hot Stove Report today and they were, of course, talking about steroids. Kruk mentioned something interesting. He said that when he had cancer and was still trying to play, or when players have injuries they are given cortizone shots, or in his case, amphetamines. He noted that these things are essentially performance enhancing drugs. Saying that you are obviously not the same person if you don't take those. And in his case, he couldn't even play if he didn't receive treatment. He said that if they start making the testing very strict that players are going to have to be off of this stuff.

Should MLB make exceptions or should anything that enhances your performance be illegal?

MRKARNO
12-11-2004, 12:49 AM
Did Kruk really say that? He's a ****ing idiot and once again proves how much of a ****ing idiot he is an how little he deserves to be an "analyst" for a baseball show. There's a clear line between medical treatment and drugs taken not out of medical necessity for the purpose of building muscle mass. Just because it helps you doesnt mean that it should be illegal. Yeah! The MLB should ban medical treatment!

FarWestChicago
12-11-2004, 12:52 AM
Kruk is a geinus. Afer all, nobody on an NFL team is ever injured.

Huisj
12-11-2004, 01:40 AM
They probably should ban eating food. When I play on an empty stomach, I have a lot harder time than when I eat a good meal. That means the food must be enhancing my performance.

Also, if you got a cold, no dimatap!

StillMissOzzie
12-11-2004, 02:10 AM
Memo to John Kruk: If you need a prescription to get it and you're not sick, it's illegal to even possess it, let alone use it. And yes, that WOULD include amphetamines. Kruk is the north end of a southbound horse.

SMO
:gulp:

voodoochile
12-11-2004, 02:19 AM
Cortizone is an anti-inflamatory steoid and is not a performance inhancing drug unless one considers anything that improves healing to be performance enhancing.

If kruk truly said this he is completely lacking in any form of medical knowledge.

FarWestChicago
12-11-2004, 02:32 AM
If kruk truly said this he is completely lacking in any form of medical knowledge.I'm trying to figure out why you included "medical" in that sentence. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

voodoochile
12-11-2004, 02:35 AM
I'm trying to figure out why you included "medical" in that sentence. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
You are probably correct. I just always liked Kruk for telling it like it is. Now I guess I'll have to revamp that to "telling it like he thinks it is...":rolleyes:

"I'm not an athlete, I'm a baseball player."
-John Kruk at a meet the Phillies pre-season function when asked by a reporter how he could defile his body by smoking when he is a highly paid athlete.

FarWestChicago
12-11-2004, 02:41 AM
You are probably correct. I just always liked Kruk for telling it like it is. Now I guess I'll have to revamp that to "telling it like he thinks it is...":rolleyes:It's just ridiculous. How many more bull**** lines will we hear justifying why baseball players can't be tested for drugs? Lord knows they are much better conditioned than Olympic track athletes and they take so much more abuse than football players. They just need special consideration. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

:nandrolone

Don't forget we have to put on a good show for the fans!!

DumpJerry
12-11-2004, 10:55 AM
Jeez, what an idiot! If a doctor prescribes it for a medical reason, it's allowed. If a guy takes it to hit monster homers onto Waveland, it's cheating.

I've had steroids. After my wisdom teeth were removed, was given ONE steroid pill to help the bone in my mouth recover. I would have been allowed to play in the NFL after that, if I was a player.

Bottom line: MLB needs to download the NFL's steroid policy, change the name to "MLB" from "NFL" and hire the toughest former FBI agent or federal prosecutor they can find to enforce it. Is Judge Landis available? Then Bonds, Giambi, Sosa, et al will be gone for good! :D: