PDA

View Full Version : Skip Bayless column about Bonds

MRKARNO
12-10-2004, 10:00 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=bayless/041210

Most around here will probably bash the hell out of it and probably me for posting it, but this column expresses my opinion on the subject.

The feds knew most people wouldn't let the facts get in their way. Most people want to believe Bonds' body is chiseled in steroids. But nobody seems to have any of that case-building fuel called proof.[...]

Yet Bonds told the grand jury basically the same story that his former friend Gary Sheffield did. Sheffield said he trusted Anderson because Bonds had known him since high school, when Bonds and Anderson had been teammates. Sheffield said that, after training with Bonds one offseason, he briefly used some stuff Anderson had recommended. Only later, he said, did he find out it was THG.

But let's be as clear as a magnifying glass about exactly what Bonds told the grand jury. He did not tell them what Jason Giambi told them, according to testimony leaked to the Chronicle the day before the Bonds bombshell. Giambi admitted he had been buying and using traditional black-market steroids and human growth hormone long before he approached Bonds' trainer for tips on how to maintain the physical edge Bonds has sustained through his late 30s.

That, Giambi testified, was when Anderson recommended he use the two forms of THG. "The clear" could be taken orally. "The cream" could be rubbed into the skin like ointment. Remember, the athletes who testified before the grand jury were granted immunity -- as long as they told the truth. They do not have immunity from perjury. True or not, that's a plausible story. Bonds said he was so run-down following the death of his father during the 2003 season that Anderson recommended a "rubbing balm." Bonds said Anderson compared it to "flaxseed oil." Bonds said it did nothing for him and that he soon stopped using it. Again, a plausible story.

FarWestChicago
12-10-2004, 10:10 PM
Classic Clueless. He always wants to stir up crap, be different, like he has a unique perspective. When he left Chicago and descended on this area like the Ebola virus he immediately threw Sham-ME under the bus. Sham-ME was a "hero" at the time and that made Clueless "controversial". Now that the nation has turned on Bonds he as his back because that makes him "controversial". Clueless is more predictable than death and taxes.

:clueless

I am a legend in my own mind.

:moron

I strive to be you!

SpartanSoxFan
12-10-2004, 10:32 PM
Whatever happened to Clueless anyway??? Did the Cubune can his ass?

FarWestChicago
12-10-2004, 10:39 PM
Whatever happened to Clueless anyway??? Did the Cubune can his ass?The Cubune canned him and he came to the San Jose Mercury News. I cancelled my subscription as soon as they announced it. And I called them and told them why. I believe my protest fell upon deaf ears, LOL.

He thankfully left this area a few months ago so he could torment the entire nation from, I believe, ESPN The Tabloid.

Daver
12-10-2004, 10:42 PM
Skippy the sheetshot never changes his stripes.

His mother should still be slapped.

FarWestChicago
12-10-2004, 10:46 PM
Skippy the sheetshot never changes his stripes.

His mother should still be slapped.You got that right. Somehow the scumbag got on KNBR as a substitute host. Nothing like getting in the car expecting to hear one of the regualr guys and getting Clueless waxing rhapsodic about what a genius he is. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/angryfire.gif

Instant station change...

munchman33
12-10-2004, 11:40 PM
Doesn't Skip do that first and ten segment on Cold Pizza as well?

Jabroni
12-10-2004, 11:52 PM
Doesn't Skip do that first and ten segment on Cold Pizza as well?Yep, Skip is currently pervading ESPN on a crappy show called "Cold Pizza."

Skip sucks...

34 Inch Stick
12-11-2004, 12:56 PM
His brother gives off the same condescending vibe on this PBS show. He is going to show the ignorant masses that Mexican food is different than what we might find at PePe's. Thanks!