PDA

View Full Version : Blow it up!!

hawkeyesrule
12-10-2004, 02:19 PM
I think we should just trade away anyone of value over the age of 27 for prospects. Blow the whole thing up. We are clearly not going to win with the pathetic excuse that they are planning to field. They aren't going to be even a little competitive, people aren't going to show up, and they may as well just pocket the extra money.

Baby Fisk
12-10-2004, 02:21 PM
I think we should just trade away anyone of value over the age of 27 for prospects. Blow the whole thing up. We are clearly not going to win with the pathetic excuse that they are planning to field. They aren't going to be even a little competitive, people aren't going to show up, and they may as well just pocket the extra money.Are you trying to give Lip a heart attack? :o:

santo=dorf
12-10-2004, 02:23 PM
Now I know why FWC and PHG created the Roadhouse forum.

:threadsucks

hawkeyesrule
12-10-2004, 02:24 PM
Does Lip think this team is going to be competitive? We're again full of streaky power hitters. Who is going to hit anywhere near .300? I am a diehard Sox fan, but this is ridiculous! KW is now officially a terrible GM. I've defended his moves in the past, but spending $8mil to get a below average set up man and a wached up OF is beyond stupid. For that amount he could have gotten one impact player and signed filler for any other needs.

CHISOXFAN13
12-10-2004, 02:27 PM
Does Lip think this team is going to be competitive? We're again full of streaky power hitters. Who is going to hit anywhere near .300? I am a diehard Sox fan, but this is ridiculous! KW is now officially a terrible GM. I've defended his moves in the past, but spending $8mil to get a below average set up man and a wached up OF is beyond stupid. For that amount he could have gotten one impact player and signed filler for any other needs.

What impact player could he have signed for the 6.5 million he spent on the two?

Glaus just got 10.5 a year, and Steve Finley just landed a deal worth close to the same.

Benson, Jaret Wright, Jon Lieber...I dont think so.

hawkeyesrule
12-10-2004, 02:30 PM
These are the "market setting" deals. He spent $15.5mil over the next 2 years. That's 7.75 per on avg for an impact player. We could have done better. Why waste the money on a team that isn't going anywhere. I'd love to put my foot in my mouth next fall, but I don't see that happening.