PDA

View Full Version : Would you guys make this trade?

FightingBillini
12-10-2004, 12:11 PM
There are rumors swirling that Oakland is going to break up the big three. All signs are pointing that Hudson will be the first gone, becuase he has one year left on his contract. I believe if Oakland got what they wanted, they would trade Mulder instead, and resign Hudson. So would you guys trade C.Lee straight up for Mulder? Trade if it involved an OF prospect? If it involved a pitching prospect? If it involved Garland. Remember, it would take a little more to get Mulder because he is locked up at $6mil this year and $7.25mil next year.
Also, if we do throw Garland it, it saves us $5 million this year -> Mulder(6) -Lee(8) - Garland(3) = -$5

nccwsfan
12-10-2004, 12:14 PM
Mulder straight up for Lee, yes. Mulder for Lee and prospects, no.

pinwheels3530
12-10-2004, 12:16 PM
If we sign Carlos Beltran to replace Lee!

Jjav829
12-10-2004, 01:00 PM
Ok, Ok, guys. I got it all figured out. We trade Lee and an upper prospect (maybe BMac) for Hudson. Then we trade Konerko and Garland in the 3 way trade that lands us Vazquez and Gordon. Now you say we're in trouble without Lee and Konerko, right? Nope. We sign Beltran and Delgado to replace Konerko and Lee, finish off by trading for Jerry Hairston Jr. Bam! We got ourselves a World Series contender. Hudson, Buehrle, Garcia, Vazquez, and Contreras in the rotation. A lineup for Hairston, Rowand, Thomas, Beltran, Delgado, Dye, Uribe, Crede, Davis. A bullpen with Shingo, Gordon, Marte, Hermanson, Politte, and maybe sign Steve Kline as well. Sound good?

Yeah, uh, I've got way too much free time on my hands. :D:

And in case you don't know what teal means, it is a joke. Sadly enough though these are the types of posts you will find on other message boards. They mean it though, and actually think the Sox could do it.

FightingBillini
12-10-2004, 01:02 PM
Ok, Ok, guys. I got it all figured out. We trade Lee and an upper prospect (maybe BMac) for Hudson. Then we trade Konerko and Garland in the 3 way trade that lands us Vazquez and Gordon. Now you say we're in trouble without Lee and Konerko, right? Nope. We sign Beltran and Delgado to replace Konerko and Lee, finish off by trading for Jerry Hairston Jr. Bam! We got ourselves a World Series contender. Hudson, Buehrle, Garcia, Vazquez, and Contreras in the rotation. A lineup for Hairston, Rowand, Thomas, Beltran, Delgado, Dye, Uribe, Crede, Davis. A bullpen with Shingo, Gordon, Marte, Hermanson, Politte, and maybe sign Steve Kline as well. Sound good?

And in case you don't know what teal means, it is a joke. Sadly enough though these are the types of posts you will find on other message boards. They mean it though, and actually think the Sox could do it.
Are you saying that the scenarios I put forward aren't realistic?

voodoochile
12-10-2004, 01:02 PM

Should have been deep pink... I fixed it in my quote...:D:

Jjav829
12-10-2004, 01:04 PM
Are you saying that the scenarios I put forward aren't realistic?
No, not at all. However, I do think Mulder is the most likely of the three to stay. My post wasn't meant as a shot at you. It was more building off of all the rumors and scenarios we've heard and will hear. Like I said, I have too much free time on my hands. I just thought it would be somewhat amusing. :smile:

Baby Fisk
12-10-2004, 01:04 PM
There are other message boards? :?:

Randar68
12-10-2004, 01:06 PM
I love Mulder, but Hudson is not only more likely to be dealt, but he's also more likely to be successful in Coors Park East, aka. USCF. Hudson is a ground-ball pitcher.

Hudson, Career 2.21 GB/FB ratio (2.53 last year) (3.30 career ERA)
Mulder, career 1.85 GB/FB ratio (2.05 last year) (3.92 career ERA)

kittle42
12-10-2004, 01:07 PM
If we sign Carlos Beltran to replace Lee!
Why do people even jokingly still mention Beltran?

Jjav829
12-10-2004, 01:07 PM
There are other message boards? :?:
Much to my surprise, yes. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=42027&highlight=message) :o:

Ol' No. 2
12-10-2004, 04:23 PM
It would depend on WHICH prospect, wouldn't it?